Simple Usufruct Lease

EL159

Please can anyone give me a steer on an approximate cost for a lawyer to draw up a simple usufruct lease? Also, if I am allowed to ask this, is there a recommended lawyer ( The lady I used in the past, Sumalee, difficult to contact now, not taking much new business)

I m just looking for a ballpark figure.....are we looking at 5K,  or 10K.....or more? Thanks.

I would have the Thai owner go to the local land office and inquire as to what document is acceptable - They may have a simple standard form... 

Btw... It is up to the local land office as to weather they will allow a Usufruct... Some will only allow them among related parties such as husband & wife... 

Edited by sfokevin

14 hours ago, sfokevin said:

I would have the Thai owner go to the local land office and inquire as to what document is acceptable - They may have a simple standard form... 

Btw... It is up to the local land office as to weather they will allow a Usufruct... Some will only allow them among related parties such as husband & wife... 

Somebody told me that there is no such restriction. Does anybody know whether there is a restriction in Sansai land office?

17 hours ago, mikey88 said:

Isn’t the Usufrut different to the long term lease agreement. 

10,000 for lawyer from memory for lease plus a percentage figure to the lands office...

Do you know of any 'honest' lawyer that will do it for a reasonable fee?

Most of the lawyers I have approached charge enormous fees and they don;t seem to be able to answer my questions properly.

43 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Somebody told me that there is no such restriction. Does anybody know whether there is a restriction in Sansai land office?

A while ago the lady that has offices on Haew Khaw Rd told me that it was not possible for my Thai (male) partner to do such am agreement with me at the Hang Dong Office... She said it may be possible if we were married... She then suggested a very expensive (her fee) 30 year lease for the land we wanted to build on...

Again as I mentioned before one needs an “in” at the specific land office you need to register it at... Can the Thai owner go to the land office and ask - some have reported that it is as simple as filling out a standard one page form that the land office may have... again this is really only doable by someone who speaks Thai and can effectively understand and negotiate at the land office... (Sadly my Thai partner is not such a person so instead we are happily renting a beautiful house in Hang Dong on a long term lease)...

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

No restrictions there.  We have had 3 different houses and 3 different Thai people on the lease.  None of them were related to us.

Very easy and no problems... did not even have to pay any money under the table 55.  Staff there are very friendly, but can't speak much English.. so vital to take a Thai friend with you.  

PS I would be suspicious that people are saying the lease must be in a family members name.. ie the WIFE.  Could be the wife invented that story for her own reasons... as there is no such rule / law.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, sfokevin said:

A while ago the lady that has offices on Haew Khaw Rd told me that it was not possible for my Thai (male) partner to do such am agreement with me at the Hang Dong Office... She said it may be possible if we were married... She then suggested a very expensive (her fee) 30 year lease for the land we wanted to build on...

Again as I mentioned before one needs an “in” at the specific land office you need to register it at... Can the Thai owner go to the land office and ask - some have reported that it is as simple as filling out a standard one page form that the land office may have... again this is really only doable by someone who speaks Thai and can effectively understand and negotiate at the land office... (Sadly my Thai partner is not such a person so instead we are happily renting a beautiful house in Hang Dong on a long term lease)...

I wonder whether different branches have different conditions or is this restriction province wide?

I don't quite understand, since your Thai partner can speak Thai, shouldn't he be able to speak to the Thai officers at land office?

You should go to other lawyers if her 30 years lease is expensive. It actually don;t cost much if we do a 30 years lease.

7 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

No restrictions there.  We have had 3 different houses and 3 different Thai people on the lease.  None of them were related to us.

Very easy and no problems... did not even have to pay any money under the table 55.  Staff there are very friendly, but can't speak much English.. so vital to take a Thai friend with you.  

PS I would be suspicious that people are saying the lease must be in a family members name.. ie the WIFE.  Could be the wife invented that story for her own reasons... as there is no such rule / law.  

sfokevin said that there is a restriction at Hang Dong land office.

Usufruct isn't a lease unlike the 30 years lease.

Did you hire a lawyer for the usufruct at all? Do we need the Thai friends to go to land office if we should sell the house in the future?

Edited by EricTh