Tourist left bloodied after non-payment of bill at Pattaya Go Go - staff claim self defense

webfact

6 hours ago, PEE TEE said:

Never overcharge are you sure not once in 30 years yeah right 

Correct..couldn't have been spending much in the bars..one beer, a perv,and offski! Or he is a Thai Gogo Bouncer!

For that little amount of money they have got to have rocks in their

head . Just pay it & move on.

Maybe it is time to ban cheap airlines coming to Thailand.

Ianister, you miserable prick ,,,,, lucky you did not get a sore head.

Been drinking in Patpong for 28 years & never been ripped off but do I tip....... sure

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Popped in there recently, what a wasted opportunity the owners have there, good location, plenty passing trade, but looks like they have not spent a single Baht on the place for years, even the front looks worn out (like the dancers) and tired. 1/4 million investment and they would see ten times the trade or more. After saying that, they still play great music, would hate that to change

11 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Of course.Splendid rhetoric,Well done.

What about a day in the stocks?A dipping in the duck pond.A flogging?

A really,really good flogging with the cat o' nine tails?

Shucks..they are probably back in Prague now..

p.s I forgot defenestration..it was all the rage once,

you forget the iron maiden.

20 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

Would like to hear the Tourist version of what happened

1,380 is not a large bill for 4 people.

So i smell BS from the management.

Anyway, attacking tourists, the place should be closed. :bah:

I agree that any place where this type of issue occurs should have some form of closure order imposed on them irrespective of what happened. This may well be the only GGB on the street but it would not be missed.

Also anyone posting that they have never had any scamming or overcharging incident mustn't be going out. It isn't as bad as it used to be with the newer computerised billing, but short-changing, charging for drinks you never had etc etc does happen. Seems more prevalent in struggling places like this one too.

This particular place gets in the news often!

Dave works on Walking St which is a few Km away!

20 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Doesn't seem like an unreasonable bill for 4 people in a gogo.

3 small beers each would cost that.

An incident I saw once with a Russian couple may explain that. They saw a sign saying 'Draft Beer 60 baht', then sat down and ordered 2 bottles . (By hand gestures and pointing at my SML). I somehow knew they were going to be surprised by the bill. When it arrived they complained and refused to pay rather aggressively,  their beers were untouched. I nearly stepped in to offer to buy them their drinks but the Thai manger gave up and let them pay a lesser amount.

170 baht a bottle is obviously fighting talk to some! :smile:

50 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

An incident I saw once with a Russian couple may explain that. They saw a sign saying 'Draft Beer 60 baht', then sat down and ordered 2 bottles . (By hand gestures and pointing at my SML). I somehow knew they were going to be surprised by the bill. When it arrived they complained and refused to pay rather aggressively,  their beers were untouched. I nearly stepped in to offer to buy them their drinks but the Thai manger gave up and let them pay a lesser amount.

170 baht a bottle is obviously fighting talk to some! :smile:

Being Scottish 170baht for a small beer is heart attack country for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, AlbionBob said:

We are No 1 bar ?   Isn't this in

Jomptien, rather than Pattaya ?   Wasn't it the place a couple of years ago where one of the bargirls stabbed another one in a dispute over a punter ??

Yes.

And yes.

What's your point again?

NanLaew

Was not specifically making any point, other than, maybe, given the quantity of alternative venues of this nature, maybe this is one to avoid ?  I haven't been there, so I cannot of course be judgemental - I was merely pointing out the history. No axe to grind !  Sorry if I offended you.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, The manic said:

Rubbish.  Learn how to write and come to Thailand if you want to make, a, credible literate comment. 

Whats rubbish numpty? Learn how  to read!!! Ihave lived here for 14 years? You?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/12/2018 at 10:32 AM, lapamita said:

you have a poor live... when everywhere get cheated 

i would never stay here, if it would be like that

told you   30 years = NO ISSSUES

ohh ja.one time i had samein patpong , some argue about 200, once and thats it, issue ?? NO....... i forget that , until you write it here

30 Years no issues, its just not possible in this place, i dont believe you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, natway09 said:

For that little amount of money they have got to have rocks in their

head . Just pay it & move on.

Maybe it is time to ban cheap airlines coming to Thailand.

Ianister, you miserable prick ,,,,, lucky you did not get a sore head.

Been drinking in Patpong for 28 years & never been ripped off but do I tip....... sure

Maybe they were already well oiled when they entered the GOGO Bar, when the Bill arrived they misread it or didnt understand it, who knows, the truth will never out here.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Yes.

And yes.

What's your point again?

It's not in Pattaya.  It's in Jomtien. That's the point. The headline is a lie. The incident happened in a GoGo bar in Jomtien not Pattya. It is deliberate deception to slander Pattaya and juice up the story! 

• Like 1

On 3/12/2018 at 3:18 PM, mark01 said:

Ashtray in the Gogo????? 

Isn't smoking banned inside?

What are the odds that the CCTV isn't working??? Which btw is also an offence!

CCTV footage is already online.  It shows the drunken customers pushing around the staff.  They seem quite intoxicated.

2 minutes ago, HLover said:

CCTV footage is already online.  It shows the drunken customers pushing around the staff.  They seem quite intoxicated.

Does it show what the dispute is about by any chance, as there is no question that the dispute took place

4 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

Does it show what the dispute is about by any chance, as there is no question that the dispute took place

No, the clip I viewed was as things had already escalated.

It's on Thai Facebook.

20 hours ago, Acemaker said:

30 Years no issues, its just not possible in this place, i dont believe you.

I believe him.

In 10 I have not either.

Never been cheated at 7-11either.

In fact,  I have gotten more change back several times then was due.

On 3/12/2018 at 10:18 AM, lapamita said:

whats overcharde for you ?? when you pay 100  for a beer?????

The good thing over pattaya is, in a little more than 30years in Pattaya, i was not ONCE overcharged.......... drunk or not NEVER

and NEVER any bigger issue

thats the good thing over pattaya

but to to a lack of income, due to evryday new crackdowns,lwas and enforcment, this maybe  will change  .......

less imcome= more sheeting,more violance,more ciminality,higher prices,and less fun

ihope all this bullshit will stop , but goverment not intrested, and due to social media more and more shit is comming

PS by the way i never had or run a Bar,,,,,but if so, their would be many many customer i would tick them something on the head for their low class beaviour , day by day!!

'The good thing over pattaya is, in a little more than 30years in Pattaya, i was not ONCE overcharged.'

Really? In thirty years? Must have been doing something right. Or your memory isn't what it once was.

• Haha 1