Legendary comedian Sir Ken Dodd dies at 90

webfact

Sir Ken Dodd dead: Comedian dies aged 90

'He was a comedy legend and genius'

Sherna Noah 

Comedy legend Sir Ken Dodd has died aged 90, his publicist has announced.

The star, famous for his epic stand-up shows, as well as his Diddy Men and tickling stick, died just days after leaving hospital.

He married Anne Jones, his partner of 40 years, on Friday at their home in the Liverpool suburb of Knotty Ash, which was also the one he was born in.

Full story: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/ken-dodd-dead-comedian-liverpool-a8251136.html

-- INDEPENDENT 2018-03-12

'What a beautiful day for going to the Russian Embassy and saying " Is Len in?"'

I saw him three times at the Theatre Royal, Nottingham.  One time the woman next to me looked like a panda as she had non-waterproof makeup on and she was crying with laughter.  RIP Doddy.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, xylophone said:

I still remember one of his lines and still chuckle at it:  "What a lovely day for sticking a cucumber through the vicars letter box and shouting.........the martians have landed'.

Of course when I moved to NZ they didn't understand it as their letterboxes were in the road, not in their front doors!

"........lovely day for shouting Jack de Manio through Beverley Nichols' letter box"

Most obscure (now), but lodged firmly in my mind ever since I heard it in black and white.......on the "wireless".