Busted! Woman conned many people in injured and sick animals scam on Facebook

webfact

Busted! Woman conned many people in injured and sick animals scam on Facebook

6.jpg

Source: Sanook

Bangkok police in conjunction with Region 6 counterparts have arrested a 27 year old Thai woman who set up a Facebook page appealing for donations for injured and sick animals.

The con perpetrated by Prangrawee (or Peerada) in the Prachacheun area of Bangkok and Saraburi ripped off many people to the tune of 500,000 baht.

She was arrested in Phitsanuloke on a Saraburi warrant and charged with obtaining money by false pretenses and fraud.

It was also found that Prangrawee had not paid hotel and restaurant bills and was out on bail from another offence.

The police have asked members of the public who have been conned by her to come forward.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-03-12

1 hour ago, KittenKong said:

Is there anything that some Thai wont exploit to get easy money?

It's not only the Thais,...Con men are from any race or country,...Some country's produce more of them but they don't have a monopoly on this.

• Like 2

It's not only the Thais,...Con men are from any race or country,...Some country's produce more of them but they don't have a monopoly on this.

I dont remember saying otherwise. But this report is not about other countries, is it?

• Like 1

these people will rape their own kids,kill any family member and do the lowest of the low,just to get money for drugs and drink.its reading stories like these that are in the news every day,makes me think its time to call it a day on thai visa.

On 3/13/2018 at 9:33 AM, meatboy said:

these people will rape their own kids,kill any family member and do the lowest of the low,just to get money for drugs and drink.its reading stories like these that are in the news every day,makes me think its time to call it a day on thai visa.

Now is a good time to remember that the vast majority of Thai people are friendly, caring folk who would do anything to help somebody in trouble. This comes from many years of living in Thailand. The news reports people doing vile things to other people in every country. My experience of Thai people has been overwhelmingly positive, over a period of several years, and that is compared to the behaviour of my compatriots in the "first world country" that I used to live in.

• Thanks 1

On 3/12/2018 at 7:31 PM, rodney earl said:

Some Governments call Thailand the land of scams. I do not give money to anyone anymore.!!!

And this is precisely why people operating fake charity scams should be punished to the fullest extent of the law -- Because they destroy the public trust in all the legitimate charities and thus, do immeasurable harm to the intended beneficiaries of their work.

I understand your reaction but, in the age of the internet, it is usually not too hard to get some background information on charities. When in doubt, I give to people/ organizations I know personally and whose accomplishments I can verify.