Tourist visa for Australia for my Thai wife

I (British Passport) am legally married to my Thai wife and wish to take her to Australia with e for a holiday in May.

On the application for it says to send a certified copy of her passport.

Can anyone please tell me who or what certification is required please.

Many thanks

Note copies of documents for certification must be in original colour. Check with your wife, but I understand local Amphur can certify copies of official Thai documents. Wife should be able to avoid paying 'tea money' for the service.

http://thailand.embassy.gov.au/bkok/DIAC_Certify_documents.html

Edited by simple1

I may be wrong here but if you read the link that simple1 has done you will see that there are only 2 places in Thailand to have the documents certified that Australia will accept and they are the Australian Embassy in Bangkok and also the Australian Visa Application Centre (VFS Global).

Be warned that the fee for certification of documents is 1700baht per document at the Embassy so I would suggest that when you go to VFS Global with your wife's visa application that you take a coloured photocopy of your wife's passport and get it certified there

• Like 2

I got a visa at VFS recently and just took photocopies as I understood they can certify them there. When I got there, they said don't worry, they don't need to be certified. Got a 12 month multi entry for the gf.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I have done several 12 months multiple visitor visa applications online and have always "self-certified" the accompanying scanned docs, similarly as I do for my own annual extensions here in Thailand.

17 hours ago, Russell17au said:

I may be wrong here but if you read the link that simple1 has done you will see that there are only 2 places in Thailand to have the documents certified that Australia will accept and they are the Australian Embassy in Bangkok and also the Australian Visa Application Centre (VFS Global).

Be warned that the fee for certification of documents is 1700baht per document at the Embassy so I would suggest that when you go to VFS Global with your wife's visa application that you take a coloured photocopy of your wife's passport and get it certified there

I suggest you are incorrect in your assertion only VFS Global can certify Thai official documentation.

From the link I provided for the OP's partner doco...

"Certified copies are copies authorised or stamped as being true copies of originals, by a person or agency recognised by the laws of the person’s home country". 

If a member disputes the above, please provide factual info, not opinion.

Edited by simple1