Suvarnabhumi airport security guard arrested for theft

webfact

Suvarnabhumi airport security guard arrested for theft

By Thai PBS

theft21.jpg

A security guard at Suvarnabhumi International Airport was arrested  for stealing cash from the handbag of a Chinese passenger.

The female guard employed by a private company which was awarded concession from the Airports of Thailand to handle ground security at the airport was identified as Ms Busakorn Somkwamdee.

The guard was caught by the security camera at the airport to steal 4,000 yuan in cash or 19,800 baht as she was checking the handbag of a Chinese tourist at the security checkpoint.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/suvarnabhumi-airport-security-guard-arrested-theft/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-03-13

I read enough of 'security personal' sticky fingers to not take my eyes off my bags while

they being scans as i always have some valuables in them, and if you have't so far, it's

a good time to start and not only only in Thailand, in any airports around the world, thives

are everywhere....

24 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Welcome to Amazing Thailand..........we'll ruin your holiday before you even leave the terminal...........Something to be proud of ???

At least they publish it themselves...that's a big improvement...much better than the chinese newspapers publishing it or the tourist on her fayboo account..

But why not show the picture of  the security guard so we all can name and shame her?

It goes to show how poor screening is, that they rent the screening equipment and services to cope with the increases traffic.

If a guard is more focused on snatching cash they can't be too bothered what else is passing by.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dorchester said:

so it never dawned upon Busakorn Somkwamdee,who is an security agent that there just might be surveillance camera's in an airport?

"But airport deputy director Kittipong Kittikachorn said authorities didn’t trust her word as she acted professionally and knew how to avoid the cameras."

Did you read the article?

19 hours ago, Ossy said:

Adds a new meaning to 'security' and just one more avenue for exploitation by the thieving Thais. I'm beginning to doubt that the corruption line will EVER be drawn. Destitute payments, kids' schooling fees . . . where and when will their cheating end?

I must admit I am often in a quandary with respect to my wallet when at the airport... I usually have a fair bit of cash in it and you are forced to take it out and put it openly in a plastic basket and off it goes out of sight into a crowded throng. I take to putting it, and my phone, into my carry on backpack,. It doesn't help ease my concern when I keep learning that most of the staff employed there are thieves and it isn't only other travellers I need worry about.

Handbags and carry on baggage should only be opened in front of the owners. Security personnel should not have the right to do it randomly.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, heybuz said:

I recently arrived back here and found that the cable ties I secure my bag had been cut and dummied to look ok.i don't have anything in it only clothes but makes you wonder.

So many places offer the cling film wrap I wonder how security handles that.