Household bugs

goloeilmanz

Hi,

Lately, I've been annoyed by these small flying insects that seem to be harmless though. My question is, does anyone know what kind bugs they are? They seem to be at random places (kitchen, living-, bath- and bed-room) mostly just crawling around but sometimes flying around.

How do I get rid of these small bastards? ;)

Attached some images, thanks.

IMG_4305.JPG

IMG_4306.JPG

Many people seem to be curious about the names of snakes, bugs etc.,that they come accross and I often wonder why...what difference does it make. Is it necessary information, is it ever given a second thought once they get the answer?

In this case however it may help if the OP intends to go to a store and give them the name in order to get the right stuff to deal with them.

1 hour ago, dotpoom said:

Many people seem to be curious about the names of snakes, bugs etc.,that they come accross and I often wonder why...what difference does it make. Is it necessary information, is it ever given a second thought once they get the answer?

In this case however it may help if the OP intends to go to a store and give them the name in order to get the right stuff to deal with them.

I think you answered your own question. Most humans are curious. 

2 hours ago, dotpoom said:

It is a  drugstore beetle (Stegobium paniceum), also known as the bread beetle or biscuit beetle. See, now you will sleep better at night.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drugstore_beetle

1 hour ago, Seducedbytheseas said:

Fill a small bowl of apple cider vinegar, cover it with plastic food wrap, poke small holes in the top, then place it near your kitchen window or sink.

This didn't work for me, but a bit of old fruit, some red wine and a piece of bread caught many fruit flies.

2 hours ago, dotpoom said:

You seem to be contradicting yourself.

I would be interested in knowing the name of a snake in my room to check if it was poisonous. Actually a few days ago there was a snake in the shower area in my Condo swimming pool. It was removed by the staff.

I also had problems with these small beetles which seem to be able to squeeze up through a tight lid into a jar which has biscuits.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Emster23 said:

good advice. Just this weekend found out they had taken up in my fennel and Italian seasoning. Ah, nature

We've had similar (might be the same) ones who were in a bag of pure ground chili, very spicy powder...they even ate themselves through the thick plastic to get in there.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, scoutman360 said:

Many people (more than they know) get these creatures through their drains. Get some boiling hot water and pour it through your drains every few days. It solved all my problems.

That is truly amazing, I definitively must try that. It even eliminated the wife's monthly mood swings?

14 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

It is a  drugstore beetle (Stegobium paniceum), also known as the bread beetle or biscuit beetle. See, now you will sleep better at night.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drugstore_beetle

Nope, it’s not. I had them once in my apartment, too, and the drugstore beetle looks different.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dotpoom said:

some people just do not want to die as stupid as some others maybe ?

13 hours ago, scoutman360 said:

Many people (more than they know) get these creatures through their drains. Get some boiling hot water and pour it through your drains every few days. It solved all my problems.

Thanks I’ll try that. Or maybe pour some Haiter down the drains, shuold kill most things I would assume. 

On 3/14/2018 at 9:13 AM, Seducedbytheseas said:

Fill a small bowl of apple cider vinegar, cover it with plastic food wrap, poke small holes in the top, then place it near your kitchen window or sink.

Or get a jar with a tight push down lid and put two small biscuits in it. Put it in a dark kitchen cupboard. I have unfortunately went to get a biscuit and sometimes the jar has a dozen of these small beetles in it. I would have said it was impossible for them to get in the tight lid. I have had this several times, last time two days ago.

8 minutes ago, William T said:

Or get a jar with a tight push down lid and put two small biscuits in it. Put it in a dark kitchen cupboard. I have unfortunately went to get a biscuit and sometimes the jar has a dozen of these small beetles in it. I would have said it was impossible for them to get in the tight lid. I have had this several times, last time two days ago.

Is it possible that the insect larvae were already in the biscuits before you put them into the sealed jar?

On 3/15/2018 at 12:17 PM, chickenslegs said:

Is it possible that the insect larvae were already in the biscuits before you put them into the sealed jar?

Or undetectable eggs.

Which comes first? the beetle, the eggs, the larvae or the pupae.