[WARNING] Video: The last moments of motorcyclist Khun Khwanchai, 41

snoop1130

[WARNING] Video: The last moments of motorcyclist Khun Khwanchai, 41

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTEzMS81NjU1NjU4L3NkZmJndmguanBn.jpg

A dash cam video posted on a Pak Chong, Nakorn Ratchasima page makes for grisly viewing.

It shows the final moments of the life of 41 year old Khwanchai who was on his way home after the night shift.

He comes out of a side soi and fails to get past a very fast car approaching and is thrown into the air.

He died at the scene of the accident at 7.40am on Monday.

Further footage in sepia shown by Sanook featured the corpse of the rider with blood coming from the body and his foot lying some distance away by the side of the road.

A white car was also severely damaged in the impact. 

WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT

Source: https://news.sanook.com/5655658/

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-3-13

1 hour ago, smedly said:

there was a truck parked obscuring view, the speeding car was overtaking another car at a ballistic speed (at least 200kph) the bike rider never saw the speeding car because of the truck and the car it was overtaking (line of sight)

The driver of the speeding car should be facing serious charges and a very long jail time, when you drive like that the car becomes a lethal weapon fully engaged just like pulling the trigger of an assault weapon in a populated area - someone is going to be a victim intentional or not  

Agree with that well over the speed limit. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dexlowe said:

The truck wasn't obscuring very much, and it seems to me that the rider had very good line of sight

you need to try and place yourself right where he is and then think again, the camera is up high looking down

not going to get into a whole thing about your self proclaimed expertise, I think you will find that most people on TVF have been driving for at least 30 years, so what

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, smedly said:

you need to try and place yourself right where he is and then think again, the camera is up high looking down

not going to get into a whole thing about your self proclaimed expertise, I think you will find that most people on TVF have been driving for at least 30 years, so what

I will take your advice and not argue with a fool -- :smile:. Chill, matey, I offered my opinion (which contradicts your's) and gave it a qualification, which of course you're entitled to reject. I wasn't being combative. Have a really spoofing day. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Grizzly images.... 

You've got to wonder what the deceased was up to trying to cross the road like that in front of on-coming traffic. 

Although the on-coming car was certainly travelling at speed, visibility was not in question. 

Another avoidable death. Tragic.

I see what happened.  He was approaching that parked truck which was parked facing the wrong way on the wrong side of the road.  He moved over to go around it and then it was too late to avoid the traffic.  Mistake after mistake.

They should show more of these videos to kids and driver ed class.  Oh wait, there is no mandatory driver ed, and barely driver license exams.  But anyway, back in 1973 when I got my driver license the summer course of a week of driver ed for a few hours a day, the guy showed some pretty graphic damage photos of cars and property and one or two accident victims.  He drove home the point that we were driving a 2 ton death capable machine

Ir-regardless of speed which is apparent, the actions of the motorcycle rider shows a complete disregard for how to actually ride a motorcycle and he paid the ultimate price for his cavalier attitude. . 

6 hours ago, smedly said:

there was a truck parked obscuring view, the speeding car was overtaking another car at a ballistic speed (at least 200kph) the bike rider never saw the speeding car because of the truck and the car it was overtaking (line of sight)

The driver of the speeding car should be facing serious charges and a very long jail time, when you drive like that the car becomes a lethal weapon fully engaged just like pulling the trigger of an assault weapon in a populated area - someone is going to be a victim intentional or not  

If the deceased didn't have a clear line of sight then he should have proceeded with caution. At least, that's what I was taught. But I guess he wasn't taught and didn't have the common sense to proceed carefully and paid the ultimate price.

4 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

It is a peculiarity of riders here (as witnessed in hundreds of videos) to simply and blindly pull into traffic and rely on the blessings of Buddha to protect them.

And that is a major reason that I will never understand Thai thinking. As you say, it happens hundreds of times and every one of those times they deliberately put their life and that of others in danger and are too stupid to even realise that.

And that is a major reason that I will never understand Thai thinking. As you say, it happens hundreds of times and every one of those times they deliberately put their life and that of others in danger and are too stupid to even realise that.

I will never understand why people say “Thai thinking”. How would you explain all the non-Thai deaths caused by the same lack of awareness?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Difference today from ten years ago is only that some drivers these days have dash cameras. I‘ve seen such absolutely avoidable accidents for the last 30+ years driving in Thailand. 
I just hope the car driver gets his share of fame as it remains the responsibility of each driver to be able to bring the vehicle to a complete stop under „normal“ circumstances - and no, please don’t google „normal“ and „Thailand“ in the same browser session. 

• Like 1