Tourist police warn Thai women: Your white handsome man is really a dark skinned scammer!

webfact

The main job of the Tourist Police is to deal with "tourists - aka foreign people in Thailand".  Tourist Police are one of the main divisions of the RTP.

ALSO:

They DO have investigators - plain clothes, they DO make arrests ( foreigners as well as Thais ), they DO have full police powers.

49 minutes ago, Brigante7 said:

If a Thai woman can’t tell the difference between a white guy and a Nigerian scammer then she needs her eyes checked. 

Brigante7.

Why would she need her eyes checked Brigante7 ? do you think they post a photo of a black Coloured man on the site ---and Thai that women are the only people in the world to be ever fooled by Nigerian scamer's

• Like 1

If you’ve ever been on a dating site here, you’ll sometimes notice girls say in their profile ‘no scammers’. Clearly more evidence that there are people who don’t understand how scammers work. 

The message from the tourist police should have been a simple one: “if something seems to good to be true, it usually is. Now quit being a dumbass”. 

Edited by rkidlad
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Tourist police warn Thai women: Your white handsome man is really a dark skinned scammer!

ROFLMAO! I guess they got it know. Seems like I recall a song far far away. I believe it was Simply Red "If you don´t know it by know".

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Brickbat said:

Nigerian scammers thrive on lonely Aussie ladies. And a few men get caught too, in their net. But the stupidity of their actions, driven by their desire for love , is unbelievable. 

As for Thais, less money for the scammers,  but ladies here far more gullible, esp if the bf is perceived as white, rich and handsome. 

Again , so stupid to believe stories when a video call culls it.

its all trading! 

And from what I have read it is across the complete socioeconomic spectrum,  including the likes of lawyers etc,  not just 'dumb' old girls. These scammers are very very clever. We only hear about the obvious scams for money for customs duty etc etc. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Happy enough said:

don't be so sure *about less money. there are plenty of middle aged women with lots of money here, even by western standards, getting tricked by these leaches. and it's a global thing. they're making money all over Europe but 90% are Nigerians. that's just fact

(there are plenty of middle aged women with lots of money here,)  Do you have any Phone Numbers, or good places to go to find these Women ? just askin.   :licklips:

8 hours ago, djayz said:

A dark skinned man posing as an honest, serious, white skinned man looking for love and whose only intentions are to sweet talk money out of the pockets/bank accounts of lonely, gullible women.

Don't be offended by the terms/words they use to describe the useless, lazy scammig scum. Fact is, a lot of these internet scammers are "dark shinned" scamming scum. It's like saying "a lot of the sex tourists who come here are white skinned middle aged and elderly men". 

The BIB should be happy they don't live in Germany or England.  Merkel and May would have them arrested for 'hate speech.'

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 300sd said:

Policing tourists! All this time I had thought the Tourist Police were there to help me. 

So has anyone got a positive account of the Tourist Police ? 

Every time I see them they look like smiling wannabes. 

And  there are also dark skinned men who are genuinely seeking companionship and are not scammers, they will now be tarnished for life in los, will have to divert their attention towards another country, so the plan is all coming together, clever tp.

Shouldn't the tourist police be protecting tourists? How about brochures and flyers educating foreign men about marriage scams, marital property scams, sin sot scams, land scams, water buffalo scams? A few changes in marriage law and land law could reduce incentives to marry under false pretenses for financial gain by 90%, but the authorities turn a blind eye because it's too lucrative and it's foreigners not Thais being taken advantage of. By the way, who cares what the scam artist's skin color is? A scam is a scam. Would the middle-aged Thai lady feel better knowing she was ripped off by a white guy?

[Edited to conform to forum rules]

Well... Them Dark Skins are just skimming a small percentage from them typically Darkskinned Thai women who have ran their own romance scams on more Whiteskinned farangs then I care to count and leaving them penniless, homeless and falling from balconies. I never worry much about Thai women they have 9 lives and Thaifriendly.com.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Whyamiandwhatamidoinghere said:

Well... Them Dark Skins are just skimming a small percentage from them typically Darkskinned Thai women who have ran their own romance scams on more Whiteskinned farangs then I care to count and leaving them penniless, homeless and falling from balconies. I never worry much about Thai women they have 9 lives and Thaifriendly.com.

Unfortunately you make the same mistake that has been made by many before you. Those women who scammed Farangs are not the ones that are involved or concerned. Probably most women who are involved are less clever then their sisters and would never scam a Farang. So this comparisation is not in order. Just as "we" Farang are different because of nationality, not all Thai do the same.

It's not right anyway. This is not a payback to the scammers, if you understand what I mean.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, connda said:

The BIB should be happy they don't live in Germany or England.  Merkel and May would have them arrested for 'hate speech.'

I wouldn't classify it as hate speech... simply stating multiple observations. 

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

ROFLMAO! I guess they got it know. Seems like I recall a song far far away. I believe it was Simply Red "If you don´t know it by know".

harold Melvin and the Blue Notes AND Simply Red. If you don't know ME by now. Bet Mick Hucknall is p..ssed off after last night. Hee hee hee.

9 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

What does this have to do with the tourist Police or tourists? The romance scams are not done by tourists or against tourists. Nothing to do with tourists or the branch of the police that deals with tourists, tourist police dont investigate or prosecute these crimes. If police are trying to get a message out to Thai people why put it on the tourist police facebook page, thats not visited by Thais.

Why is the website of the Thai consulate in Savannaketh in Thai language ?

• Haha 1