Humans first - soi dogs second! Thais now advocating "the final solution"

webfact

11 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

At last someone who has given it some thought !! emoji106.png

It’s obviously a mammoth task but needs to be undertaken, too many posters with the “ it can’t be done we should just do nothing “ attitude !

On a lighter note:

I could ride around on my bicycle to attract them, I’m like a soi dog magnet !, and a pick up following me could pick them off with guys in the back.

Kinda like a “ Soi Safari “ emoji51.png

If I could be bothered, I'd happily follow you around and show how easy it is to stop dogs chasing you'

I can pretty much guarantee they're 'owned' dogs - not genuine soi dogs....

On 3/15/2018 at 1:09 PM, brucegoniners said:

The mark of a good society is not only how it takes care of it's people, but also how it takes care of it's animals.

Gandhi said this "“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”

And look what happened to him.  Also cows, dogs and rats abound in India as in some areas they  are revered. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pedro01 said:

Dogs are not your friend. They are animals - with their own instincts and behaviours.

To ascribe human attributes to an animal is common but erroneous. Animals behave in their own way and any overlap with human behaviour is coincidenental and should not be taken to imply the animal will behave like humans in other ways.  Hence the friendly "at home" dog ripping off kiddies faces. It's simply an animal behaving like an animal. No amount of training will prevent things like this happening - of course, unless you train the human to understand dog behaviour.  They are pack animals that seek to maintain their place in the pack - hence the frequency at which they turn on new pack members (kids).

If a person can only get on with animals, it's more a sign of them not being able to socialize with other people, than any positive attribute of animals.

Very good point :laugh:.

Those of us who trust our pets/soi dogs far more than we trust the vast majority of people, are clearly un-hinged in some way :laugh:.

11 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Gandhi said this "“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”

And look what happened to him.  Also cows, dogs and rats abound in India as in some areas they  are revered. 

He died as a highly revered figure to pretty much everyone?

so you think the dogs will be left all over the place? They have to be processed 
How are they going to be killed?

i'm most certainly NOT saying we should do nothing.
firslty CULLS DON"T WORK

so theONLY way to curb the dog problem long term is to restrict their food supply.
People have to stop feeding them
All garbage must be collected and stored properly.

apart for the dogs this will have long term benefits for Thailand.

No country has ever eliminated their dog problem with a cull, and Thailand with its extra large population hasn't a hope in hell.

furthermore culling is likely to INCREASE the risk of rabies as other dogs move into fill the spaces or roam around away from being killed or caught.

First of all: my post “ re: doing nothing “ was not directed at yourself , don’t take it too seriously !!.
Secondly: the post about “ a million dog carcasses “ was not mine, please do not misquote me!!

But despite that, your points are valid and are worth discussion, after all this is what TVF is about.
What actually gets done is not down to us but is the responsibility of the Thai government. Sure we can help by not feeding them and taking care of our own garbage but we are a minority and I believe that the number of foreigners feeding soi dogs are very few and far between.

We are in the hands of the Thai government !

God help us all.
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

He died as a highly revered figure to pretty much everyone?

Yeah and look at the mess he left behind.....cows everywhere along with rats,dogs etc etc.... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Airbagwill said:

so you think the dogs will be left all over the place? They have to be processed 

How are they going to be killed?

i'm most certainly NOT saying we should do nothing.

firslty CULLS DON"T WORK

so theONLY way to curb the dog problem long term is to restrict their food supply.

People have to stop feeding them

All garbage must be collected and stored properly.

apart for the dogs this will have long term benefits for Thailand.

No country has ever eliminated their dog problem with a cull, and Thailand with its extra large population hasn't a hope in hell.

furthermore culling is likely to INCREASE the risk of rabies as other dogs move into fill the spaces or roam around away from being killed or caught.

How do culls not work exactly?

Do dead dogs reproduce? 

You kill the dogs & if other dogs move in (that somehow weren't culled - must've been hiding) - you kill those dogs too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

I guess you enjoy getting bitten, of having your kids getting bitten.... 

Mind you, I am not blaming anyone for loving dogs. But our love for animals should not make us turn a blind eye to an out of control situation. Situation that turns these animals into a dangerous pest.

I try and avoid making friends with soi dogs but each to their own my man

Now can you grasp what I was driving at or is it still too obscure for you

Dont hesitate to get back to me if you are still confused as I am in a rather out of character helpful mood today

4 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

So you really live a sad life 

Thank you for that Henrik its made my day, as entertainment goes you are right up there my man

The only thing I cant get my head around at present  is the amount of MUPPETS who keep attributing quotes to yours truly when all I did was quote the Poster of that Post then post my opinion on the quote I quoted, still with me Henrik

So to make sure you know my attitude where soi dogs are concerned, these are the three essentials, OLDLAKEY, one or more aggressive soi dogs displaying an attitude problem and the last piece of the jigsaw is a length of heavy lead pipe

Please dont take this as a slight on your character as I have forgotten your insult already

Have a nice day Henrik

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

totally incorrect.

culling won't work.

something needs to be done...and that is restrict and control the food supply - no food, no dogs.

Come on now restrict their food are you real

Starving them into non existence can you even begin to understand the suffering you are advocating and the sorry sights that would be in your face, or do you intend to do it in private somewhere after rounding them all up

Culling by people who are competent is far more humane

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

Thank you for that Henrik its made my day, as entertainment goes you are right up there my man

The only thing I cant get my head around at present  is the amount of MUPPETS who keep attributing quotes to yours truly when all I did was quote the Poster of that Post then post my opinion on the quote I quoted, still with me Henrik

So to make sure you know my attitude where soi dogs are concerned, these are the three essentials, OLDLAKEY, one or more aggressive soi dogs displaying an attitude problem and the last piece of the jigsaw is a length of heavy lead pipe

Please dont take this as a slight on your character as I have forgotten your insult already

Have a nice day Henrik

If you really feel hurt I apologize but dog's are dog's and behave as a dog just remember that they lick there ass balls etc and lick your face my friends will never do that...

They behave as humans 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dogs don't kill people,rabies does.

Funny some people say dogs can be culled but guns can not be banned.Not altogether off topic,see what happens if a government lets something spin out of control.

People die!

• Confused 1

Just now, Henrik Andersen said:

If you really feel hurt I apologize but dog's are dog's and behave as a dog just remember that they lick there ass balls etc and lick your face my friends will never do that...

They behave as humans 

Yes Henrik now listen, ONE MORE TIME ONLY

I did not say that some of my best friends are soi dogs, I was QUOTING somebody who did say that, you attributed that QUOTE to OLDLAKEY that was wholly your mistake

Obviously your first language is not English when I mentioned STANDARDS it was a rather underhand way of telling him he needed to lift them somewhat

You are obviously confused for the reason already mentioned, no harm done my man do have a nice day

2 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

India makes a rather large contribution to the world rabies death toll

Its nice to see a plan come to fruition after all the hard work

Lets not mention the religious slaughter that takes place at the drop of a hat, as you mentioned morals

Edited by oldlakey

4 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

I feel you have absolutely no grasp of the situation at all - just pure fantasy.

nobody has said how they will be caught

No-one has said how they will be killed

No-one has taken into account how many dogs will be born inthat period

No-one has taken into account how to find all these dogs once they go into hiding

...and to think the police and army will give up their time? - come on get real.

i think you haven't thought about this at all but when questioned you scribbled a load of nonsnse down on a beer mat and think you have answered the questions...hen all you've actually done is display how little you understand this issue.

Streets ahead of plagiarising Internet data and presenting as if you are the authority of dog / population / health control and promoting starvation as the be all and end all to the problem.

How about a few of your own ideas -right or wrong doesn't really matter - anything would be better than the same story over and over

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

totally incorrect.

culling won't work.

something needs to be done...and that is restrict and control the food supply - no food, no dogs.

Is that similar to the population eradication currently being practice in a number of African countries, certainly works after a time - but a horrendous method from start to the finish.

5 minutes ago, AboutThaim said:

I think someone should notify the UK govt that culling the wild, sorry, mad cows (or those that were just a little bit silly) didn't work.

I really don't see people putting up with starving dogs until they fall over dead.  People would feed them or they would become more aggressive and daring to get food.  You'll have to think of a better way.  Seems I recall someone killing and disposing of about 6 million bodies some time back.  Sorry for the comparison but the point is it was possible then but seems you think it's too difficult now.

Agree totally with you.

It is madness and unrealistic to suggest simply stopping the food supply will solve the problem. 

There is food for dogs everywhere here, even without people actually feeding them.

Dogs eat anything... all the rubbish and bin bags put out each day is delicious to them!  The landfill sites and people dumping household waste all feed the dogs.  The landfill sites and rubbish dumps are huge.. no way anyone is going to dog proof them!!!!

Also there is a huge amount of food simply thrown on the floor or dropped accidently.  There is enough food for the rats, pigeons, and dogs even without free dog food handouts by misguided individuals.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AboutThaim said:

I think someone should notify the UK govt that culling the wild, sorry, mad cows (or those that were just a little bit silly) didn't work.

I really don't see people putting up with starving dogs until they fall over dead.  People would feed them or they would become more aggressive and daring to get food.  You'll have to think of a better way.  Seems I recall someone killing and disposing of about 6 million bodies some time back.  Sorry for the comparison but the point is it was possible then but seems you think it's too difficult now.

Yes a pretty nasty but a very true comparison and not forgetting the many thousands who suffered the same fate in this country during world war II as now being promoted as the only cure to reduce the dog population, starved to death - it works -- but.

1 hour ago, jvs said:

Dogs don't kill people,rabies does.

Funny some people say dogs can be culled but guns can not be banned.Not altogether off topic,see what happens if a government lets something spin out of control.

People die!

Dogs kill people I see it with my own eyes the dog run out on street and chase a motorcycle he get chock and hits a lightpole 

And sorry what have gun to do with this tread 

And it is not government there dumb dogs it is Thai people there not take responsibility for their own dog's 

• Like 1

A post in blatant violation of fair use policy has been removed. 

A post in which the quoted content had been altered has been removed as well as the replies:

16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.

Some off topic trolling posts were removed as well. 

4 hours ago, Artisi said:

Streets ahead of plagiarising Internet data and presenting as if you are the authority of dog / population / health control and promoting starvation as the be all and end all to the problem.

How about a few of your own ideas -right or wrong doesn't really matter - anything would be better than the same story over and over

so no arguments from you then

So you're saying I shouldn't use information I've found on the internat or elsewhere to back up my argument?

just because you don't?

Any good information on dogs doesn't come from me - I merely report the information and the science.

I think it's fairly obvious who is putting forward their own ideas.

Edited by Airbagwill

12 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Dogs kill people I see it with my own eyes the dog run out on street and chase a motorcycle he get chock and hits a lightpole 

And sorry what have gun to do with this tread 

And it is not government there dumb dogs it is Thai people there not take responsibility for their own dog's 

I guess you did not get my sarcasm.

• Haha 1

On 3/15/2018 at 8:02 PM, jvs said:

Seems to me two things are being mixed up here,the dogs carrying rabies and the ever growing population of stray dogs.

Try this one,lets say a soi dog lives for ten years.Probably not but just for argument sake.

You could try in a certain area to feed the dogs and lace their food with a product that will prevent (the pill)the bitches from becoming pregnant.Ten procent per year will die of from natural causes,the next year less food will do the trick and so on.

No need to kill,cull or put dogs to sleep (whatever you want to call it).

In less then five years the problem will be much smaller and this could be a solution everyone can live with?

How many people including children will be bitten or savaged during this theoretical 5 year period?  Human are more important than animals. Animals should be treated humanely of course but that includes culling and caring.  I was bitten on Christmas day.  A Child had her face ripped off. It's not just rabies but reclaiming the streets for humans. Dogs also carry fleas and ticks both deliterious to human health. 

• Like 2