- Bang khun thian

19/3/18

- Dusit

20/3/18

- Ladphrao

- Bang khen

- Bang Na

- Bang Khae

The map of Thailand with red dots showing each case rabies so far in 2018. Updated daily. Today's map....

Screenshot_20180320-182302.jpg

6 dead in less than 3 months!

Time to set zero!

Human lives matter.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFBMUZ9Jw1_-ceedx5oEY

Edited by Wilsonandson
  • Like 1

Location: 7-11 beside Donmuang Railway Station, opposite to Don Muang Airport, // animal type: dog // appearance: white Circulation of the body. // Symptoms: vomiting, drooling, lethargy, slow response.

A suspected case report from 7th March.

Y8PsjFy.jpg

I went to my local 7/11 today, thankfully the 3 stray dogs I had to step over didn't have rabies.

When will it sink in to peoples heads that rabies is a deadly disease!

Get rid of those strays outside the 7/11 they are a health hazard!

• Like 2

Breaking news!

Department of Livestock Situation Report rabies The disease situation in 14 provinces in the last 24 provinces where the outbreak of the "set ZERO dog" in Nakhon Si Thammarat. | | | | | | | | | | | Settlers Zero homeless dogs must do.

Loosely translated from Thai media in the past few minutes.

On 3/19/2018 at 12:19 PM, Artisi said:

Well I would have thought the inference was quite obvious it was the " the Police station".

So to make it very clear,  2 dogs / week , dead or alive to the police station .

3 dogs already at this "police station".

P_20180320_145006.thumb.jpg.3842e339606f713480c134b13bb4a061.jpg

• Haha 1

Poluted beaches, garbage all around, crazy driving culture and soi dogs always being discussed just about every year on the dot and as always nothing will be done, this is Thailand land of lazy cops and politicians whose goal is to talk only!!

On 3/17/2018 at 5:49 AM, Fish Head Soup said:

Are you sure? I don't believe such a law exists.

I'm sure why do you think i wrote it. Go ask at veterinary section of public health. They are very clear about it.

On 3/16/2018 at 2:11 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Sorry, but I have to disagree. A civilized society would never allow dogs to breed to the point that there were ANY unwanted dogs to be put in pounds.

Pounds, IMO are a sign of a society that doesn't care about animals.

Many strays were puppies that were given as a gift and were unwanted when they got big. That should never be allowed. If someone doesn't want a pet, they should have to give it away, sell it or have it put down themselves.

Pounds are not only for unwanted dogs but for those that escape custody. Pounds have NOTHING to do with dogs breeding. Learn about what Battersea dogs home does before calling UK an uncivilised country which it isn't when it comes to animals. Many dogs are gifted to Battersea if they become unwanted or unable to be cared for and then, hopefully, found new homes. Thailand just lets them loose on the street because there are no POUNDS to take them too. Pounds would make for a better and more civilised society.

• Thanks 1

When are the people governing Thailand going to wake up. There are bad things going on in Thailand. Huge corruption ie. vaping/cigarette companies. Vaping is far more healthier than smoking except in the pocket of the man that makes the decision. Rabies is a serious problem. Stray dogs, call them soi or whatever you want are a major spread of rabies, I’m sorry for the soi dog charities, but they need to wise up. It is causing death to thai people and a threat to tourism. 

37 minutes ago, bluedoc said:

When are the people governing Thailand going to wake up. There are bad things going on in Thailand. Huge corruption ie. vaping/cigarette companies. Vaping is far more healthier than smoking except in the pocket of the man that makes the decision. Rabies is a serious problem. Stray dogs, call them soi or whatever you want are a major spread of rabies, I’m sorry for the soi dog charities, but they need to wise up. It is causing death to thai people and a threat to tourism. 

the Soi Dog Charity is actually trained up to deal with this problem and offered an independently financed solution which the BMA turned down.

On 3/22/2018 at 7:12 AM, Keesters said:

Pounds are not only for unwanted dogs but for those that escape custody. Pounds have NOTHING to do with dogs breeding. Learn about what Battersea dogs home does before calling UK an uncivilised country which it isn't when it comes to animals. Many dogs are gifted to Battersea if they become unwanted or unable to be cared for and then, hopefully, found new homes. Thailand just lets them loose on the street because there are no POUNDS to take them too. Pounds would make for a better and more civilised society.

In countries like the UK the "dog problem" involves tiny numbers compared to Thailand so operations like Battersea can be successful. In Bangkok alone you'll need to impound 750,000 dogs. the total figure for the UK is over100,000 and the pounds etc are however at "breaking point". so Thailand with no proper infrastructure or policies is quite unable to cope.

the other problem is that removing dogs from packs enables other dogs to move in to take their place and this results in the spreading of rabies.

Edited by Airbagwill

Simple maths a bitch can have a litter every two months. Say 5 each litter. Say 2 females each litter. Carry on. Get rid of all soi dogs not claimed, get rid off all dogs in pack. If someone wants a dog they should get a licence. Chip all dogs.

Edited by bluedoc
  • Thanks 1

It’s stupid to impound them. Don’t impound, catch them as humanely as possible. And dispatch them as humanely as possible. But get rid. They shit anywhere, on streets, on grass on the beach, young children play on the beach and inadvertently get ill because of dogs. Cull all dogs on the loose, with or without collar.

2 minutes ago, bluedoc said:

Simple maths a bitch can have a litter every two months. Say 5 each litter. Say 2 females each litter. Carry on. Get rid of all soi dogs not claimed, get rid off all dogs in pack. If someone wants a dog they should get a licence. Chip all dogs.

Unlikely - 4 litters a year maybe, but the dog will probably die after 3 years.

however if you look at the extended family that results, it can expand to over 65,000 in 6 years....

As you point out though, dogs breed fast and unless you simultaneously kill the entire population dogs from other areas just replace the culled animals and the population continues to grow and the spread ofdiseases like rabies increases.

however dogs won't live or breed in areas where there is no food.