Humans first - soi dogs second! Thais now advocating "the final solution"

webfact

31 minutes ago, humbug said:

disgusting excuse to kill as many homeless animals under the guise of rabies outbreak of a few hundred dogs infected compared with 400,00 thais infected with a more lufe threatening HIV+. to get around the animal protection laws.

Well the mass hysteria has now seen monks in the temple Khao Pedi in Thungsong have men just kill all the dogs and puppies luving in the temple.Witnessed by extremely distraught Thais.

I expect nothing less from these lying control freaks in power to do this. Everyone is starting to see through this lie

"Well the mass hysteria has now seen monks in the temple Khao Pedi in Thungsong have men just kill all the dogs and puppies luving in the temple.Witnessed by extremely distraught Thais."

Is this true?

Quite possibly as I (very belatedly) noticed a few days ago that the numerous soi dogs at the local temple had 'disappeared'....

But I assumed they'd been taken away to the local govt. 'shelter' (so that they wouldn't annoy the recent coachload hordes of visitors to the temple....).

Edited by dick dasterdly

26 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

"Well the mass hysteria has now seen monks in the temple Khao Pedi in Thungsong have men just kill all the dogs and puppies luving in the temple.Witnessed by extremely distraught Thais."

Is this true?

Quite possibly as I (very belatedly) noticed a few days ago that the numerous soi dogs at the local temple had 'disappeared'....

But I assumed they'd been taken away to the local govt. 'shelter' (so that they wouldn't annoy the recent coachload hordes of visitors to the temple....).

Avoid all meat based food being sold within close proximity of this temple for the next couple of months.:crying:

16 hours ago, NonthaburiBear said:

apparently the government and few TVF member doesnt know about sterillized method ..shame on to kill/cull or whatever they called it

Sterilisation doesn't cure rabies so it won't cure the immediate problem of the thousands of diseased soi dogs running the streets of Thailand. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Junta have nothing do with this problem it is the Thai people there not take responsibility for their dogs 

The Junta  stopped the dog-wagons. They are the problem in our area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Nothing to do with the junta.

That was due to the "luvvies" complaining because dogs were being shipped to Cambodia ( I think- might have been Vietnam ) and the government banned the trade. I think they just let all the dogs go in the forest because the "dog lovers" didn't want to keep paying to feed them all. 

Of course it was the Junta. they stopped the dog-wagons because they didn't want Sakon Nakon people eating them (the dogs).

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

The Junta  stopped the dog-wagons. They are the problem in our area.

It is still Thai people there dumb their dogs not the junta so therefore you need blame the Thai people not the junta but it always easy to blame other in to look of the fact 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The licence is so YOUR dog doesn't get put down. If you don't want to pay for a licence don't cry if your dog escapes and is put down.

I'd be quite prepared to round up every dog in LOS without a licence tag and put them down myself. I'd even do it for free.

I understand that, but my point is, I hate the thoughts of a Western style system where people are legally obligated to have a license for every thing they own (TV, radio, dog, etc.) just so their dogs won't be taken away and put down. Why should we "good dog owners" have to cough up more fees to protect what we already protect and care for? 

38 minutes ago, Henrik Andersen said:

It is still Thai people there dumb their dogs not the junta so therefore you need blame the Thai people not the junta but it always easy to blame other in to look of the fact 

I refer back a few pages as you probably missed it.

"Thailand is a fairly big place and what might be happening in one area /district/province might not in another.

The dog problem in our area has got worse since the Junta has been in. Prior to that there was the weekly 'dog-wagon'. The wagon would take any strays, or dogs that people didn't want, and give an ice-bucket or broom in return. These wagons ran out of Sakon Nakon (Isaan). There they eat dog with their rice every day.

I've tried dog myself. I found it over-rated taste-wise. But of course if it helps the dog prob' I reckon I could get used to it. Might even grow to like it like the Thais."

I am not talking about Pattaya, BKK or Krabi; just Udon Thani, Nong Khai and Sakon Nakon Province. The dogs population was kept in check for decades in these rural areas. Along come the Junta and guess what? The dog-wagons stopped; eating rice and dog didn't ring the right tone with them I guess.

Sawang-dan-din had a restaurant that sold dog dishes. As I said not to my taste; like a tough bit of ostrige meat.

Edited by owl sees all

3 hours ago, manchega said:

absolutly, if you have cockroach infestation you clean and put out the poison, if you have rat invasions you put down poison, glue traps etc , dogs are the same, you have this infestation of dogs, particuarly dirty ones at temples that are used as garbage disposal .

they should be treated as cockroach

If you put down poison in a house then it is easily controlled.

If you try to poison 300,000 dogs in Bangkok the collateral damage to other wildlife  will be unacceptable.

The poisons will enter the water supply too and eventually some people will be killed

15 minutes ago, Stoker58 said:

This is a good point. Dart boards were also targeted for licensing recently. Thais just love bureaucracy and licensing, and of course the only way to get these licences is to go in person to some government office with dozens of photocopies and wait half a day for the privilege of seeing some dour faced official in a fancy uniform. It's a never ending make-work scheme.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but it's not just the Thais who love bureaucracy ? That, among other things, they copied from the West ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Happy enough said:

i read it made no difference to TB with the badger culls in the UK. Was mainly pressure from farmers but made no difference to TB infections rates

No it didn't but there were other issues with badgers - like they weren't even transmitting TB.....

The best example in UK is pigeons - culls never worked but restricting their food does......for instance you are not allowed by law to feed them in Trafalgar square.

The formula is VERY simple to support a certain number of animals you need a certain amount of food.

No food no animals....lots of food lots of animals.

With a large population if you kill/cull animals they are either replaced by animals form out insde that area or the remaining animals fill the gaps by breeding.

there is no such thing as a sted sog - feeding them just allows them to live and breed over a longer period.

Well it really is a Thai problem..... And until Thais have responsibility for things in life this will go on without a shadow of a doubt.

In other words nothing will happen at all... 

Cheers

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Nothing to do with compassion. It's recognising a pest and taking steps to eliminate it.

Millions of cute lambs are killed every year in NZ just so people can eat yummy roast lamb. Are dogs more important than cute lambs?

How about cows? Millions of them killed so people can eat burgers. Are cows not worthy of our compassion?

Rats? Are they less worthy of life because they are small and spread disease- oops, that is a bit like soi dogs, innit?

Mice? Many are kept as pets, but lots are poisoned and die a hideous death.

Wild goats are culled and no one is out demonstrating for them to live.

Possums? Lovely animals, and killed by the millions.

Ants, anyone? Why shouldn't they deserve to live?

Fish? Billions of them are allowed to die slowly so people can eat them. Is that fair?

Admit it, it's a faux sentimentality that singles out dogs to be spared no matter how pestilential they are.

I'm certainly not advocating a cruel death, but one no worse than that little lamb had so people could eat it, or the horses killed to make dog food ( in France people eat them ) would be acceptable.

only a few years ago in the UK people had horse in their ready meals although they didn't know it at the time. anyway, native river for the gold cup today and each way on total recall. oh and ants. they can all die

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

No it didn't but there were other issues with badgers - like they weren't even transmitting TB.....

The best example in UK is pigeons - culls never worked but restricting their food does......for instance you are not allowed by law to feed them in Trafalgar square.

The formula is VERY simple to support a certain number of animals you need a certain amount of food.

No food no animals....lots of food lots of animals.

With a large population if you kill/cull animals they are either replaced by animals form out insde that area or the remaining animals fill the gaps by breeding.

there is no such thing as a sted sog - feeding them just allows them to live and breed over a longer period.

the pigeons also had to deal with spikes on buildings and hawks brought into trafalgar square. they were just rats with wings crapping everywhere and the acid in their shit was ruining the buildings (and some cars paintwork)

8 hours ago, Artisi said:

Sterilisation doesn't cure rabies so it won't cure the immediate problem of the thousands of diseased soi dogs running the streets of Thailand. 

i know, but how can you stop the  disease without stopping over populated soi dog ?

5 hours ago, Happy enough said:

the pigeons also had to deal with spikes on buildings and hawks brought into trafalgar square. they were just rats with wings crapping everywhere and the acid in their shit was ruining the buildings (and some cars paintwork)

..and the culls didn't work.

We all know what they are, I'm talking about how they are successfully controlled.

Even the simplest science evades some - you really don't understand dog behaviour of natural history. Dogs with food breed and those dogs then move. - Please inform yourself of te topic before making unfounded remarks. How are you going to feed 300,000 dogs in Bangkok?

You talk about science, I think your rocket landed a little bit fare out. Comparing birds and top predators with no natural enemies like dogs. Talking on whom are uninformed. :-) :-)

You hammering away with the only solution to control the population and the rabies disease is to leave the population starving and breeding, and to their own. Eventually collapse.

To what cost are you willing to let the stray dog population collapse that way?

I dont think you read my post, where do i write that a wold like to feed those dogs?

Also bringing dogs together for feeding is not a god thing. Make playground for infection to spreed. Unless there is some propose of vaccine or birth control.

Desimate/erase/cull/kill the straydogs in infected areas. Vacsination program. And try to keep the general stray dog population low with regular “culling” . Interaction with ordinary familiy dogs as less as possible.

Maybe they will be able to stop spreading of rabies. Is my two cent.

Sorry for my English, I am not a native English-speaker.

Edited, smilies, did not want to be so harsh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sattphalat said:

You talk about science, I think your rocket landed a little bit fare out. Comparing birds and top predators with no natural enemies like dogs. Talking on whom are uninformed. :-) :-)

You hammering away with the only solution to control the population and the rabies disease is to leave the population starving and breeding, and to their own. Eventually collapse.

To what cost are you willing to let the stray dog population collapse that way?

I dont think you read my post, where do i write that a wold like to feed those dogs?

Also bringing dogs together for feeding is not a god thing. Make playground for infection to spreed. Unless there is some propose of vaccine or birth control.

Desimate/erase/cull/kill the straydogs in infected areas. Vacsination program. And try to keep the general stray dog population low with regular “culling” . Interaction with ordinary familiy dogs as less as possible.

Maybe they will be able to stop spreading of rabies. Is my two cent.

Sorry for my English, I am not a native English-speaker.

Edited, smilies, did not want to be so harsh.

You sliding understand how controlling the food supply works or what a "oppressor" is.

You clearly don't understand that dogs are not top predators.

You sliding understand how controlling the food supply works or what a "oppressor" is.
You clearly don't understand that dogs are not top predators.

Not top predators, vel, have you ever seen sweet family huskies lose in a sheep stock.
Domesticated. But still with no natural enemies ,Hunting for pray in groups for fun or food.
But this is all one the side of the discussion. Irrelevant. :-) rabiescontrol is all it is about.
I tried to google “oppressor “ but I did not got a grip on the ecspression.
Think I have made my point, so I end my part of the discussion here. You are welcome to enlighten me.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Of course it was the Junta. they stopped the dog-wagons because they didn't want Sakon Nakon people eating them (the dogs).

They only responded to the outcry by the dog lovers when they found out that dogs were being rounded up to be eaten.

They did not initiate the ban before the outcry.

19 hours ago, djayz said:

I understand that, but my point is, I hate the thoughts of a Western style system where people are legally obligated to have a license for every thing they own (TV, radio, dog, etc.) just so their dogs won't be taken away and put down. Why should we "good dog owners" have to cough up more fees to protect what we already protect and care for? 

You have to pay to gain a "licence" to stay in LOS, if you have a car/ bike you have to pay to register it ( licence ), you have to have a driver's licence. If you are married, you have a "licence" to be married.

Unless you only watch public tv with ads, you pay the tv company and they have a licence to broadcast, every place you buy anything from has to have a licence to sell etc etc etc.

I don't consider having to have a licence to own a dog, when there is such a big problem, is much of an imposition.

The alternative is killing all the stray dogs, and yours, if it's loose.