Hopes of Brexit transition deal face Irish barrier

webfact

2 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

Stereo-typing is when you attribute the characteristics of the category to its members, without consideration for their individuality, not when you attribute personality traits to a country.  That would be anthropomorphism.

Stereo-typing is typing with the index fingers of each hand ?

• Haha 1

I wonder why the Irish republic and the other E.U. countries ( regions ) are annoyed with the British people’s desire to leave this so called union, surely it’s not about money.

It was confirmed by the Office for Budget Responsibility that the UK will pay around £37 billion into the EU budget until 2064.

What the headlines were less forthcoming about in this morning’s papers was the fact the OBR stats also showed the UK would have contributed just over £500 billion over the last 45-year period.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nontabury said:

I wonder why the Irish republic and the other E.U. countries ( regions ) are annoyed with the British people’s desire to leave this so called union, surely it’s not about money.

It was confirmed by the Office for Budget Responsibility that the UK will pay around £37 billion into the EU budget until 2064.

What the headlines were less forthcoming about in this morning’s papers was the fact the OBR stats also showed the UK would have contributed just over £500 billion over the last 45-year period.

0.5% of GDP for the Hard of hearing! Cheap at twice the price.

The arguments about Brexit continue unabated and still we get no closer to what will actually happen.

In the meantime it is Saturday in Blighty.  The snow is falling, the dogs are asleep in front of the log fire, Bing Crosby is on the radio,  There is roast lamb in the oven and Aunty Joan is bringing apple pie for dessert.

OK maybe not exactly but it is snowing outside and I need to go to Waitrose and get some sausages for tea :smile: 

11 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

The arguments about Brexit continue unabated and still we get no closer to what will actually happen.

In the meantime it is Saturday in Blighty.  The snow is falling, the dogs are asleep in front of the log fire, Bing Crosby is on the radio,  There is roast lamb in the oven and Aunty Joan is bringing apple pie for dessert.

OK maybe not exactly but it is snowing outside and I need to go to Waitrose and get some sausages for tea :smile: 

"I need to go to Waitrose and get some sausages for tea"

You name dropper :biggrin:

3 hours ago, nontabury said:

I think the only annoyance is with the lack of clarity coming out of the UK. The UK is negotiating without knowing what it wants, without an aim.