Video: Carnage in the making - appalling driving on Thai roads

webfact

On 3/16/2018 at 11:51 AM, Dmaxdan said:

I thought that as well, but it's just not clear enough to be sure. 

The Union Jack is a very cool Flag worldwide, Non Brits have it everywhere, Back Jeans pockets, Car Roofs, Wing Mirrors, Bedroom Wall, Car Bumpers,  the List is endless, this example here means Jack Shoot.

On 3/16/2018 at 3:02 PM, Jonmarleesco said:

'I guess he never stopped to look at the lane he was cutting into to see that there was no room for him!'

I doubt that would have made the slightest difference. The Thais have absolutely no concept of distance, speed, space or proximity. Most of them are accidents in the making.

And of course, when it comes down to it, the amulets trump all else. 

But we  must never  criticise religion its  become non pc  especially in the Islamic  vein when in fact its sheer  stupidity, "belief" in something, anything, without evidence, whole nations blindly adhere to and Thailand is  not alone by any means.

On 3/17/2018 at 12:51 AM, gamesgplayemail said:

Still excited about Songkran next death toll !!!

All these news already when we will have to wait 1 more month to watch the show ! They are killing me :-)

You dont need to wait, a normal day produces more moronic deaths.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aussie11950 said:

It would be useful for someone to post the email address of some authority, that we could forward our concerns to.

Traffic police, highway police, road and lands department, prime minister? 

You could try this one. :jap:

Ministry-of-I-don't-care-I-drive-a-Benz-home@coconut

Edited by stanleycoin
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/16/2018 at 11:59 AM, jumbo said:

Could be a farang driver or not? 

No proof it was a Thai...

Wife driving,we on our way from CM to CR and an oncoming car pulled the same stunt...before I could say <deleted> ,stupid <deleted>..... wife says..."nope,farang.....must be living long time in Thailand"

• Haha 1

On 3/18/2018 at 2:40 PM, HaleySabai said:

Wife driving,we on our way from CM to CR and an oncoming car pulled the same stunt...before I could say <deleted> ,stupid <deleted>..... wife says..."nope,farang.....must be living long time in Thailand"

Nope.

Not long enough i would say, if you still believe what your wife tells you. :cheesy:

On 3/16/2018 at 3:26 PM, Dustdevil said:

This is precisely ROUTINE driving in Saudi Arabia on all two-lane roads. I survived the KSA Mad Max Fury Road for a total of ten years--the last six mostly by minimizing driving as much as possible. Saudis told me the rationale is simply that the other guy is the one who should get out of the way. In other words, they behave on the road exactly as they do in supermarkets. One time in Oneizah (near Buraidah, 300 miles south of Anbar Province, between Iraq and a Hard Place) I saw a big SUV full of children about to pull out of a parking lot...and the driver was a 12-year-old boy, beaming at me proudly, "Oh, hey there Mr. Foreign Expert, look at me! Look, no hands!"  I asked a British Pakistani colleague who lived in Oneizah, "What's up with the parents?!" He told me "They'll be proud. They'll tell their friends 'I bet YOUR son can't do that.'" I've driven in Chiang Mai a lot. It's like a walk in the park picking dandelions and getting kisses from Scarlett Johannson compared to driving in the Tragic Kingdom.

I am thankful on a daily basis, that I have never had to work, nor had to visit the desperado nation known as the Tragic Kingdom. I hope I never have to go. The place just strikes me as a country torn between the 13th and the 21st century. The House of Saud are a sorry bunch of fools, with far too much cash for their own good! And the Wahhibi "faith" is one that scares the hell out of me. I do not think I will be lending any sort of support to these long time sponsors of terror. 

Edited by spidermike007

On 3/16/2018 at 11:44 AM, smedly said:

OMG!!!!!!!!!! and there seems to be a British Union Jack on the rear of that vehicle

and again I repeat myself - this is 100% because the law is not enforced so people can near enough do as they please without any chance of being caught and punnished

To be honest the police don't stand a chance. In regular civilised countries most people carry out their daily business conforming to laws not because of the laws and the chance, or not, of being caught but because they have a sense of civic responsibility, thought for others etc. Here there is only one rule of daily life

ME FIRST, ME AND ONLY ME, EVERYBODY ELSE CAN GO TO ...., I'LL DO WHAT I WANT WHEN I WANT TOO. ME ME ME ME

Edited by Keesters
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...