When do we get a Fair Go ?

weegee

Water is already a huge problem in many parts of the world.   (and now in your village).  The distribution

of it will be like everything else:   controlled by those with power.   Don't kill the messenger, please......

6 minutes ago, rumak said:

Water is already a huge problem in many parts of the world.   (and now in your village).  The distribution

of it will be like everything else:   controlled by those with power.   Don't kill the messenger, please......

The other side of the street has NO PROBLEM....so I am told.

Edited by weegee
add

3 minutes ago, rumak said:

go to the temple,  give some money to the monk,  let him wrap a string around your wrist....

and water will come

How much will that cost me....:cheesy:

Edited by weegee
add

11 minutes ago, rumak said:

There's No shortage of water around here ,they are just saving power on the pumps by giving us a Dribble.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, kwonitoy said:

You'll never get any satisfaction from the locals. To fix a problem they have to find a problem and that would make them loose face, because they are less than perfect now.

When I lived in my wife's @@ithole village we had the same problem in the hot season, they would turn the water on for 1 hour early morning and 1 hour in the evening to  "save" water.

Didn't matter that they had a huge standing tower in a massive reservoir than never went dry. 

Hot season = "save" water.

I got a big tank for backup, and when that didn't solve it put in my own borehole.

Told them to take the water meter out and they said oh cannot every house MUST have a meter.

I took it out and threw it over the fence.

Now that's a SOLUTION. 55555

Just now, digger70 said:

Not much life left ,,,,   555555   :crazy:

OR WATER !!!!:smile:....I hope there is an election soon(Village Chief). I will put all my effort in supporting someone who will look after the community, and take care of the things they are appointed to do....

BUT...right now we need the Water turned on enough so that we can at least use it for normal living...

19 minutes ago, weegee said:

How much will that cost me....:cheesy:

weegee....I am glad you saw the humor in my post.   I am afraid digger took me a little too seriously :shock1: 

I am sure you both are pissed off.  As i think you know,  telling the headman and others that you are angry just works against you .  Its probably too late...but what works here in our LOS is to put on a nice fake smile and ask to please help you .   Sometimes you will get what you want.   Then you go home and say....what

an ********** this guy is !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, rumak said:

weegee....I am glad you saw the humor in my post.   I am afraid digger took me a little too seriously :shock1: 

I am sure you both are pissed off.  As i think you know,  telling the headman and others that you are angry just works against you .  Its probably too late...but what works here in our LOS is to put on a nice fake smile and ask to please help you .   Sometimes you will get what you want.   Then you go home and say....what

an ********** this guy is !!

Digger is upset as well....but what do you expect. WE NEED WATER !!!!...and not just a bucket full every 2 hours if your lucky. I dont give a  #### anymore what anyone thinks about me around this village. I will still help the good ones though. ....which means I now have a lot of spare time to myself...:cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, weegee said:

You all want to know something funny....

A couple of days ago they had the Village meeting at the community centre next door...guess what....Full water pressure all day. The next day NOTHING AGAIN.....

Gossh. That was because all people were at the meeting, so nobody else was using water. 

• Haha 1

Huh!...that would cost about 200,000 here. Just for the hole. I might go up the shed tomorrow and start building a Drill to bore my own well....oh wait, you are not allowed to do that here without permission....:smile:

1 minute ago, weegee said:

Huh!...that would cost about 200,000 here. Just for the hole. I might go up the shed tomorrow and start building a Drill to bore my own well....oh wait, you are not allowed to do that here without permission....:smile:

yep,  permission gonna cost you some money too !   :stoner:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rumak said:

you can always move to the country......have a deep water well (mine is 70 meters,  cost 100k)...

then just play like a child in your homemade pond 

002.jpg

Costs more than double that around here to sink a bore hole only....

Edited by weegee
add

3 hours ago, weegee said:

We have had no problems for years....It would take all day to fill a 2000ltr tank at the rate it flows. I have a pump and tanks as well. BUT you have to have water FIRST...wouldnt you say?

But you have problems NOW and it would take less than half-a-day for a 2000 liter tank to fill up from the low pressure water main.

We built about 6000 liters of water storage at the back of the house when we built over 12 years ago. It's only in the last couple of years, notably around now, that the lack of pressure on the city water supply has seen these as a prudent investment.

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

But you have problems NOW and it would take less than half-a-day for a 2000 liter tank to fill up from the low pressure water main.

We built about 6000 liters of water storage at the back of the house when we built over 12 years ago. It's only in the last couple of years, notably around now, that the lack of pressure on the city water supply has seen these as a prudent investment.

Not here....Impossible to get 2000 ltr tank filled in half a day here at present....

To give you an idea, The water blaster wont work on the pressure we have at present....and it has it's own pump. It's just the fact that they have closed the valve too far...and we need it reopened. JOB DONE !

2 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Few more JD'S and you will be able to sneak down and open it up a bit more.:smile:

Funny enough....I was just thinking to myself....enough ranting, go have a couple of Jacks

GOOD IDEA !!!! thanks for convincing me....:cheesy:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

Why ,we pay for the water ,stupid comment 

But, this may all be a bit obvious and taken the wrong way... TiT.

You are still getting the water you're being charged for BTW... just the pressure is low.

As an earlier poster said you cannot count on any basic utilities being maintained in this benighted sh!thole, not with the way these buggers steal money and do sh!t work.

You can rant until your BP meds run out but if you decide to be PROACTIVE and get a tank and self-contained, pressurized water system, the same as upwards of probably 80% of homes already have in Thailand... the OP can have a shower, cool down and savor the Jack Daniels while all around him carry on whingeing, wringing their hands and bashing their gums.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

You can rant until your BP meds run out but if you decide to be PROACTIVE and get a tank and self-contained, pressurized water system, the same as upwards of probably 80% of homes already have in Thailand.

I thought the OP has made clear that he has that system already.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

I thought the OP has made clear that he has that system already.

The OP's got Jack.

I was responding to digger who doesn't have Jack... or an adequate tank system.

Edited by NanLaew