Hypothetical Situation...

bwpage3

22 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Not owning land is a good thing, in the west owning land ties you down and enslaves you.

Some woman will have it off you.

Not sure many people are rich enough to marry a white woman half their age, not that marriage matters any more.

Feminism and western divorce law has finished marriage as a sensible option for white men.

You have some good points.

The simplistic lifestyle in Thailand is well suited for happiness and low-stress.

It is shocking to see how many men are divorced that I work with these days. Average alimony and child support for the ones I know personally average around US $2,400 per month.

Rich enough to marry someone half their age entails US millions of dollars I think

It is just not the same mentality here in the west where 50+ year old men hanging around 18 to 25 year old's is considered perverted and gross

Maybe if you are a sugar daddy with millions of dollars, mansions, Ferrari, etc. but not the average Joe that ends up in Thailand

One trip to Daytona or Miami and you will see some of the hottest, fittest girls on the planet and they WONT be hanging around with any 50+ year old's that are of limited income, that is for certain

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

<snip>

One trip to Daytona or Miami and you will see some of the hottest, fittest girls on the planet and they WONT be hanging around with any 50+ year old's that are of limited income, that is for certain

The hottest, fittest girls in Thailand won't be hanging around with anyone of limited income either, that's for certain.

3 hours ago, JLCrab said:

The hottest, fittest girls in Thailand won't be hanging around with anyone of limited income either, that's for certain.

The hottest and fittest may not hang around, but they seem happy enough to stay with me for an hour or two.

I did live with two stunning looking Thai women (not at the same time), the one I retained isn't the hottest or fittest 8 years later, but she looked damned good until I impregnated her, and is still 'OK' looking for a married mom.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

58 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

The hottest and fittest may not hang around, but they seem happy enough to stay with me for an hour or two.

I did live with two stunning looking Thai women (not at the same time), the one I retained isn't the hottest or fittest 8 years later, but she looked damned good until I impregnated her, and is still 'OK' looking for a married mom.

Oh.

On 22/03/2018 at 9:43 AM, owenm said:

It's all relative to your living costs. I've paid 6k, 17k and 20k thb a month for a small condo in Bangkok over the past 3yrs. And 6 mths ago moved to a 2 level, 3br and 2 bathroom house in a gated community with 24hr security in Bang Yai in Nonthaburi province, 25km from BKK city for rent of 5,500thb per month. Total for rent, electric, water, 50/10 internet and mobile phone plan is AUD$300 per month.. So even with the Aussie dollar dropping from 31thb/AUD $ several years ago to 24thb/AUD $ currently, your money can go along way depending on how much you want to spend on your accommodation etc..

Sent from my SM-N915G using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Oz folks are not helped much by the $5 raise/week in the combined pension, Krungsri bank has been charging THB20 exchange whereas SCB is doing THB24....!

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2018 at 11:36 AM, freebyrd said:

There are actually 7,106 islands that make up the Philippines.

The Philippines consists of 7,107 islands, of which only 2,000 are inhabited. Only about 500 of the islands are larger than a square kilometer and 2,500 of them are not even named. The total area of the Philippines is 299,404 square kilometers.

1 hour ago, Ban Phe Dezza said:

The Philippines consists of 7,107 islands, of which only 2,000 are inhabited. Only about 500 of the islands are larger than a square kilometer and 2,500 of them are not even named. The total area of the Philippines is 299,404 square kilometers.

It would seem that we are perhaps both mistaken.

This is a list of islands of the Philippines. The Philippine archipelago comprises about 7,641[1] islands,[2] of which only about 2,000 are inhabited.[3] They are clustered into the three major island groups of Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao.

More than 5,000 islands of the archipelago are yet to be named.[2]

Edited by freebyrd

On 22/03/2018 at 3:36 AM, misterme said:

Anyone selling a condo here and transferring it to home currency could make a killing...

If they ever get the bloody thing sold.

...and had all the right paperwork done when they bought the place so they can easily repatriate funds.

On 22/03/2018 at 3:45 AM, stropper said:

just back from aus and there is no way that i will ever go back there, its bloody expensive and there is a law for every thing, at least you are free here, i pay no rent live on our farm, we clear 150k bhart a year and we live like kings on my old age pension and i can not see any thing changing here to i check out, no i am staying

Until the Aussie government force you to spend time in your homeland in order to keep getting your pension and other hard-earned benefits.

On 22/03/2018 at 6:10 AM, smotherb said:

Yes, and MaeJoMTB is talking about the tourist areas around the former US Navy base; which are much better for entertainment than the more cheap areas in the barrios. Similar accommodation and pricing is also available around Clark--Angeles City--the former US Air Force base. Another bennie I like in the PI is the abundance and low cost of good western foods, especially around the old US bases areas.

My mate is over there right now, up to his nuts in guts after a 6-month tour in Iraq. He's ex- USN and will be looking at the housing around Subic as a cheap, summer getaway from his condo in Jomtien.

God Bless America!

On 22/03/2018 at 6:29 AM, ScotBkk said:

My friend
Personally, I'm an international businessman having left Thailand over 3 years ago after a 10 years stay. I'm well versed in Thailand and how us Farangs are are treated by its inhabitants namely thai women etc. Unless, your walking around with rose coloured  glasses or have have Thai apoligists syndrome, you need take care of your facilities,this mainly because Thailand ain't so Amazing as it portrays itself ,,,,,,,,,

Another blaming his poor judgement on the women that magnified it.

At least we know where you're coming from.

• Haha 1

On 22/03/2018 at 10:51 AM, ScotBkk said:

Forgive me if I'm wrong. However, I seem to remember 89/90's but I'm sure some UK guy will put me right. I vaguely remember the price of sex was a mere bagatelle hahaha 

That wud be a Scottish bagatelle, naw?

On 24/03/2018 at 12:24 AM, MaeJoMTB said:

Arrange to meet them in the afternoon before their shift starts.

They have more energy and you have less chance of sloppy seconds.

...and their breath doesn't reek from the plate of somtam plarah that they have just necked.

The chilies can also be an issue for some oral... aficionados.

On 24/03/2018 at 4:32 AM, sanemax said:

Dont you use a condom ?

Doesn't matter if you do. That stuff sticks like shit to the proverbial... or so I've been told.

This is only a hypothetical question so no need to go off the deep end and go off-topic bashing.

1. With changing world events possibly affecting currency rates, how far would your currency have to drop against the Thai Baht to force you to move from Thailand?

2.  Which countries would you think about moving to?

3. How many are trapped financially and could not afford to move anywhere?

4. How many have no place to move to?

5. How many can tough it out and live in Thailand no matter what the currency exchange rate drops to? 

1] my currency can not drop that much

2] any caribbean island belonging to EU will do perfectly fine, -no more visa hassle/blackmail

3] no one can answer for the rest of the bunch

4] no one can answer for the rest of the bunch

5] no one can answer for the rest of the bunch

On 25/03/2018 at 8:48 AM, Henryford said:

The Golden era in England was about 1895, now it's just an Islamic cesspit, especially London.

Doesn't sound much of a reason for holding this racist, self-centered, narrow-minded, nationalistic, economic train wreck in slow motion and cultural minefield where you have less than zero rights and protections in any higher regard though.

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

My mate is over there right now, up to his nuts in guts after a 6-month tour in Iraq. He's ex- USN and will be looking at the housing around Subic as a cheap, summer getaway from his condo in Jomtien.

God Bless America!

Well, housing is one of the things in which Thailand is generally cheaper in the tourist areas.  However, decently priced housing is available and if he's looking to be up to his nuts and quaffing his way through them all, the PI offers some very good deals. And, as a ex-USN type, he will find plenty of good ole USN boys who call that area home. Have him try the Sit-N-bull in Bareto, Olongapo; plenty of old duffers who can give him advice on where to go.

On 3/22/2018 at 8:45 AM, sanemax said:

I have been in Thailand for a few years and I have no complaints about I have been treated , it hasnt all been plain sailing , but, generally life isnt all about plain sailing .

You only get "treated" by other people (Thai Woman) how you allow them to treat you .

As soon as they show any signs of lying, cheating and deception, they are gone quicker than you can say "close the door behind you"

Bang on. That's why I left the place it wasn't plain sailing. The grass really is GREENER on the other side ...............:laugh: