WATCH: Brazen ‘foreign’ thief caught on camera stealing bag in Phuket

webfact

The kind of tourist that Thai immigration likes to have, it will have no problem getting a non-b visa: D
The kind of tourist that Thai immigration likes to have, it will have no problem getting a non-b visa: D

• Confused 2

Surprised about the TG on the right, she certainly considered the farang to be a bit dodgy as she looked at him a couple times to check him out, if her suspicions were aroused you'd think she'd have moved that bag away....I certainly would have done so in that situation. Anyway, dumb bastard farang, as someone already said there's not likely to be much in the bag, a few hundred baht perhaps. He's risking all sorts of nasty things for a few hundred baht.

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Hello ....earth calling the Bangkok hilton is slang name for the notoriously bad prison in Bangkok.:post-4641-1156693976:

Whoosh!

The comment was sarcasm.

The whoosh indicates that you didn't spot it as is

flew over your head. 

Edited by shy coconut
Explanation
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Hello ....earth calling the Bangkok hilton is slang name for the notoriously bad prison in Bangkok.:post-4641-1156693976:

Yes, for capital offences.  Too bad not for tired worn out Bankok Hilton comments.

Hello, unfunny calling-again.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Not a pro, looked shifty through the whole clip, could’ve easily been caught if someone had glanced his way, and all for the meager contents likely to be found in a bag in this situation; an iPhone that can’t be unlocked and a few thousand baht .... I’d say just a lowlife that’s come over for the winter and run out of cash

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

2 hours ago, chrisinth said:

They must have had their CCTV camera well concealed for him not to see it as he was continually scanning his surroundings. The CCTV was practically focused on him.

Body language all wrong, nothing, not even a drink on his table. I thought the girl on the right in the group had him figured out twice, but she seemed to disregard him.

Still, shows how easy it can be when you let your guard drop for even seconds. Although the video is a bit grainy, the police should be able to pick this scumbag up pretty quickly. Here's hoping. 

I think its a video of the actual video on a screen, hence they have cropped the guy and people involved ... there's probably a lot more to see than what we see !

Anyway, the dirty scumbag ... makes my blood boil !

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

....and stupid victim.

My Thai son is always telling his Thai wife to keep the shoulders strap or whatever over her shoulder or her arm, she never listens and a few months back in a food court in Bkk the above happened.

She called the mall security to come, they laughed at her and walked away. 

4 hours ago, transam said:

Skinny runt....:sad:

..Im amazed at the group eating..3 of them had clear vision of the bag on the stool..the girl to the right looked at it several times..the guy to her right was looking directly at it..the girl on his right also had a clear view of it..and the owner would have had the bag in the edge of his peripheral vision..i guess being busy eating they didnt see the obvious..boy what a risky act. Easily identifiable by the group as the thief made no attempt to disguise his appearance..and a slim white Caucasian with a black hat..well what can you say.

3 hours ago, sebastion said:

I actually get an adrenaline rush as he takes the bag.
So brazen and shifty.

Obviously a professional.

I think for this guy, it is the "rush" of the theft, as much as it is what he acquires. He's an adrenaline junky.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gracas said:

The foreplay was a little long in the lead up, but it does prove that he picked a target with the intention of stealing the bag.

Scum on holiday.

Look where we have advanced in knowledge, we can prosecute people intentions.

3 hours ago, sebastion said:

I actually get an adrenaline rush as he takes the bag.
So brazen and shifty.

Obviously a professional.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

"Obviously a professional" ?  Really.  A professional wouldn't sit there for nearly five minutes spinning around on his seat glancing continually around him and yet fail to see the CCTV camera.  A professional wouldn't wear a hat like that that will obviously draw attention in a country like Thailand.   A professional dork maybe!

9 minutes ago, lometogo said:

He looks American to me. 

Wow! You can get a job at the airport identifying people by their faces, or maybe even the FBI or CIA would hire you. He also looks German, Swiss, Polish, French, English, Scottish, Welsh, Irish, Belgian, Australian, New Zealander, Argentinian, Norwegian, Danish......need I go on. He was actually from the Isle of Man.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Mansell said:

Wow! You can get a job at the airport identifying people by their faces, or maybe even the FBI or CIA would hire you. He also looks German, Swiss, Polish, French, English, Scottish, Welsh, Irish, Belgian, Australian, New Zealander, Argentinian, Norwegian, Danish......need I go on. He was actually from the Isle of Man.

Or maybe Israeli with that hat :laugh:

35 minutes ago, Mansell said:

Definitely not Australian. Doesn't look mao ??

4 hours ago, chrisinth said:

They must have had their CCTV camera well concealed for him not to see it as he was continually scanning his surroundings. The CCTV was practically focused on him.

Body language all wrong, nothing, not even a drink on his table. I thought the girl on the right in the group had him figured out twice, but she seemed to disregard him.

Still, shows how easy it can be when you let your guard drop for even seconds. Although the video is a bit grainy, the police should be able to pick this scumbag up pretty quickly. Here's hoping. 

I had my wallet stolen and phone 2 times not by farang but by a lady boy and a young thai guy 

They are good very good at getting away with it 

The funny this is they do not touch you cards  in Australia you go on a spending spree for at least a hour with pay wave 

Buy every time they have lifted my wallet and stolen my cracked and stuffed iPhone they got way with 100 b worth of cash  not a good idea stealing from a tight arse farang