With A Swerve, Pleasure Trip Takes Tragic Turn. Now Families Mourn.

snoop1130

With A Swerve, Pleasure Trip Takes Tragic Turn. Now Families Mourn.

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

S__5726212-696x522.jpg

Crash survivor Somjit Jampasri, seated in red, comforts a crying woman.

NAKHON RATCHASIMA — The families of those killed in a bus crash trickled in to retrieve their loved ones’ bodies Thursday as footage spread of passengers having fun before the deadly wreck.

Family members identified husbands, grandchildren and aunts who died when their bus hurtled over a center divider, clipped an oncoming truck and crashed into roadside shops last night in the Wang Nam Khiao district of Nakhon Ratchasima. Survivors and witnesses were on hand to recount what happened.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/calamity/2018/03/22/with-a-swerve-pleasure-trip-takes-tragic-turn-now-families-mourn/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-3-22

49 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

& did they mention they were dancing on a moving bus (may have saved some lives if they were buckled in )

good old sanook is way more important than safety in thailand. every time i spoil the "fun" they (the people i deal with since late 90s) tell me "i'm too serious" (locally known as silliout or "him think too mutt"). a dosen of times i have actually witnessed "fun" ending in severe pain or worse. the concept of "responsibility" is non-existing. same goes for: anticipating, preventing, avoiding, etc. of course the SAFETY FIRST sticker is present when tragedy occurs, as well as amulets and little buddha ornaments..............

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Donotdisturb said:

good old sanook is way more important than safety in thailand. every time i spoil the "fun" they (the people i deal with since late 90s) tell me "i'm too serious" (locally known as silliout or "him think too mutt"). a dosen of times i have actually witnessed "fun" ending in severe pain or worse. the concept of "responsibility" is non-existing. same goes for: anticipating, preventing, avoiding, etc. of course the SAFETY FIRST sticker is present when tragedy occurs, as well as amulets and little buddha ornaments..............

Know all about that, & it's certainly one of the reasons I'm here (but not out to kill myself )

Got sick of looking at the speedo all the time last week back in Auss. Was wandering when the push bike rider was going to pas me 

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, Donotdisturb said:

Preach to the USA and their gun laws or the UK with their murderous medical system.. 

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, BEVUP said:

Know all about that, & it's certainly one of the reasons I'm here (but not out to kill myself )

Got sick of looking at the speedo all the time last week back in Auss. Was wandering when the push bike rider was going to pas me 

Good grief...