Death coach driver was high on Ya Ba and speeding, say cops

webfact

Death coach driver was high on Ya Ba and speeding, say cops

2pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

The driver of the tour bus that crashed on Wednesday night killing 18 was high on Ya Ba or amphetamines.

Police have dismissed his suggestion that the brakes failed as they saw skid marks on the road surface.

Kritsana, 45, initially fled the scene of the accident on a hill in Wang Nam Khiaw district but was soon arrested.

His blood was free of alcohol but there was Ya Ba traces in his urine. He admitted taking the stimulant before leaving Chantaburi.

Pol Lt Gen Damrongsak Kittipraphat said on Facebook that the driver was detained at Udomsap police station. 

Police said they suspected that he was going too fast probably influenced by the Ya Ba in his system and was not familiar with the road.

Kritsana, from Kalasin, said the brakes failed but investigators doubt that due to the evidence.

Confusion surrounds his status to be driving at all.

Sanook reported that he had a Type 2 license valid until 2019. But they also reported that his driving license was out of date.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-03-23

51 minutes ago, webfact said:

Police said they suspected that he was going too fast probably influenced by the Ya Ba in his system and was not familiar with the road.

But only yesterday they said he wasn't going fast, and believed his brakes failed.

A police review of GPS data found that the bus was traveling only 80kph at the time of the collision, lending credence to the possibility its brakes failed.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/calamity/2018/03/22/with-a-swerve-pleasure-trip-takes-tragic-turn-now-families-mourn/

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

But only yesterday they said he wasn't going fast, and believed his brakes failed.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/calamity/2018/03/22/with-a-swerve-pleasure-trip-takes-tragic-turn-now-families-mourn/

You don't know the road. Dual. Very steep downhill. VERY sharp bends. My car would flip at 80kph on one or two of them.

He was in charge of a public service vehicle.

In charge of your children's safety.

Just give him to the mob and the rest of us can turn a blind eye. :thumbsup:

no need for jail, or Lying Wai's

Disgusting murderer.

Edited by stanleycoin

you are plain stupid to travel bus or mini bus here

years ago stopped after near killed

and wife's lation drives long distance tour bus and he is always on drugs 

and he has said they all need to take drugs to stop boredom 

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

High on Yaba along with large swathes of our bus and truck drivers. Until such time as a serious drug testing programme nationwide for drivers is in place, expect lots more "brake failures."

Drug testing, more stringent driving tests and more emphasis on professionalism. Pay more for good drivers, with higher pay you get drivers that aren't taking "uppers" to stay at the wheel beyond their ability to remain awake. For many years I was a long haul driver, general freight and produce. Sit in line for 12 hours wait for a load of lettuce, mark it in the logbook as time off, then drive for 12 hours. You have just worked 24 hours for less than 8 hours pay. When I started hauling hazardous chemicals, a completely different story. The companies and the industry won't tolerate it and they pay accordingly. You do not speed, you do not work beyond lawful hours and you obey all regulations. Why, because it is a desirable, well paid job that attracts good people. Pay well, demand the best and you will get good people.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, opalred said:

you are plain stupid to travel bus or mini bus here

years ago stopped after near killed

and wife's lation drives long distance tour bus and he is always on drugs 

and he has said they all need to take drugs to stop boredom 

I find many of my staff have a  2  second boredom threshold when I try to show them something and thats without yaba, almost like they dont want to improve their lives in any way, the slightest distraction such as   a  car coming down the road and they gaze away at it 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ramrod711 said:

Drug testing, more stringent driving tests and more emphasis on professionalism. Pay more for good drivers, with higher pay you get drivers that aren't taking "uppers" to stay at the wheel beyond their ability to remain awake. For many years I was a long haul driver, general freight and produce. Sit in line for 12 hours wait for a load of lettuce, mark it in the logbook as time off, then drive for 12 hours. You have just worked 24 hours for less than 8 hours pay. When I started hauling hazardous chemicals, a completely different story. The companies and the industry won't tolerate it and they pay accordingly. You do not speed, you do not work beyond lawful hours and you obey all regulations. Why, because it is a desirable, well paid job that attracts good people. Pay well, demand the best and you will get good people.

But in Thailand the ultimate goal is  "pay as little  as  possible and bugger  the result"

2 minutes ago, kannot said:

I find many of my staff have a  2  second boredom threshold when I try to show them something and thats without yaba, almost like they dont want to improve their lives in any way, the slightest distraction such as   a  car coming down the road and they gaze away at it 

Wear a Candy Crush costume and they will be enthralled with you.