Phuket to be a foam-free city

webfact

1 hour ago, Krataiboy said:

I referenced the Donsky article precisely because it spelled out in non-technical terms not just the health risks of polystyrene, but its numerous other drawbacks. I note, that your ad hominem attack does not dispute any of the information she presents.

Lol... really... you referenced my post, with an opinion piece, showing no proof or referencing anything... an ad hominem attack, it (my response) was not

why was it not? Because the link I provided was backed by research, and whilst not contradicting what donsky wrote, it gave study evidence, vs an idiots tutorial

This evidence did not conflict donsky, because donsky only used generalities... yes dude, styrene does migrate to the food... and... what?

my reference claims studies that say these migrated styrene are 10 000 times less than the daily safe rate... and it’s approved for inclusion in food stuffs... ergo, this alone is not an issue.. that’s what

her other five points ( having demonstrated scientific data trivializing her point 1), are about non related items, as the guts of the OP is personal harm thru ingestion

imho... these five points are the reason, by and large, that styrene should be banned... but again... not a part of the OP

i see you have decided to include more links, which I haven’t bothered reading yet... perhaps these have worthwhile points contradicting the FDA... as a reminder... this is my post that garnered an ad hominem attack from you, if there is actually one at all

On 3/23/2018 at 7:27 PM, farcanell said:

If?.... lol... it’s s statement by a Thai body.

meanwhile, FDA studies show that styrene contamination of food products is 10 000 times below the maximum safe level, and have approved the addition of styrene in actual food products.

Edited by farcanell

Lol.. so I had a look at the links....

wow hey... known or suspected carcinogens

Can cause

not enough research to date

etc etc etc

re FDA.... yep... budget uncertainties or difficulties, can certainly influence anyone’s findings, or muzzle them completely... no contest... my favorite today is that the CDC has previously been banned from studying causes of gun violence

but.... this does not mean that other sources (authors and speakers like donsky, or proponents for recycled packaging) are any less biased. Arguably they can be more biased as they are attempting to increase their wealth

(did you actually read the entirety of your chosen links?)

3 hours ago, farcanell said:

Lol.. so I had a look at the links....

wow hey... known or suspected carcinogens

Can cause

not enough research to date

etc etc etc

re FDA.... yep... budget uncertainties or difficulties, can certainly influence anyone’s findings, or muzzle them completely... no contest... my favorite today is that the CDC has previously been banned from studying causes of gun violence

but.... this does not mean that other sources (authors and speakers like donsky, or proponents for recycled packaging) are any less biased. Arguably they can be more biased as they are attempting to increase their wealth

(did you actually read the entirety of your chosen links?)

We could argue the toss on this for ever, but the bottom line is:

1 The FDA IS clearly a far from unimpeachable source on this and many other controversial issues, as evidenced by the link I provided and numerous other sources which you can research for yourself.

2  The independent study I quoted into Polystyrene research reached a pretty damning conclusion which is hard to dodge: "Toxic chemical(s) present in these containers migrate to the human body. . . and cause various lethal diseases." 

The authors call for more research into the potential chemical hazards of this kind of packaging and campaigns to raise public awareness of the risks.

So hats off to Ms Donsky and others who are rightly raising this issue.

Forewarned is forearmed.

30 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

We could argue the toss on this for ever, but the bottom line is:

1 The FDA IS clearly a far from unimpeachable source on this and many other controversial issues, as evidenced by the link I provided and numerous other sources which you can research for yourself.

2  The independent study I quoted into Polystyrene research reached a pretty damning conclusion which is hard to dodge: "Toxic chemical(s) present in these containers migrate to the human body. . . and cause various lethal diseases." 

The authors call for more research into the potential chemical hazards of this kind of packaging and campaigns to raise public awareness of the risks.

So hats off to Ms Donsky and others who are rightly raising this issue.

Forewarned is forearmed.

Foam is 98% air.... ?

this here is what should be banned  for health reasons.... if one is truly concerned about human interaction with things we use daily... 

http://www.sustainablebabysteps.com/recycled-toilet-paper.html

Edited by farcanell

3 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Foam is 98% air.... ?

this here is what should be banned  for health reasons.... if one is truly concerned about human interaction with things we use daily... 

http://www.sustainablebabysteps.com/recycled-toilet-paper.html

No thanks. You must be round the S-bend to go there!

• Thanks 1