7 dengue cases hit Central Pattaya neighborhood

Rimmer

7 dengue cases hit Central Pattaya neighborhood

image.png

PATTAYA:--Seven residents of a central Pattaya neighborhood were diagnosed with dengue fever, sparking worries of an outbreak of the mosquito-borne disease.

Sompol Jithiruangkiet of the Banglamung Health Department, and Kanrapa Mukdasanim, director of Pattaya Disease Control Department, took a team of community health volunteers to Soi Taengmo in the Chumsai Community March 15 after the dengue cases were reported.

Health workers attended to the victims while the Surveillance and Rapid Response Team spread out across the neighborhood to tell residents to scour their properties for any standing water that could be used as a breeding ground for mosquitos.

A survey of 208 houses found 29 with mosquito larva in 48 containers. Those and 21 other homes and businesses were sprayed with pesticide.

Read more:http://www.pattayamail.com/news/7-dengue-cases-hit-central-pattaya-neighborhood-205299

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-03-23

So what now ? Order the "culling" of mosquitos ?

No its better to capture them remove reproductive capacity, vaccinate then release back to their original territory
where they can continue to cause chaos and mayhem...after all they could be your dead relatives...and swatting them would be cruelty.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, johng said:

No its better to capture them remove reproductive capacity, vaccinate then release back to their original territory
where they can continue to cause chaos and mayhem...after all they could be your dead relatives...and swatting them would be cruelty.

Mosquitos or the South end of Walking Street dwellers?

Part of the problem is the Thai idea of drainage chambers; there's standing water in them all year round; perfect breeding grounds.

They have this idea of putting certain plants in water to germinate them. I notice the numbers of mosquitoes increase and go to my neighbour's-sure enough she has a plant sitting in a dirty bucket of water. Again the government is responsible for not educating people,same as the rubbish problems affecting tourism. They have this false belief that because they do not feel mosquitoes biting them they are safe, but everyone gets bitten. Just some people have a reaction to bites, some don't

Sent from my SM-G900I using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app