Girlfriend lost her passport, needs to travel by 3rd April.

If she is Thai and could get a passport as soon as Monday afternoon at Chaeng Wattana/MFA (I remember reading about a one day/overnight service for 3000 Baht?).

How does entering Australia work?

Does she have a separate document/ID that entitles her to enter?

Edited by KhunBENQ

If GF is Thai and going to Australia then the oz Visa would be associated with the old passport number. You may need some documentation stating old and new PP numbers etc or inform Australian immigration before flying, or maybe denied boarding.

32 minutes ago, DjSilver said:

Really? You write here before you contact your embassy? Woow, I am impressed ???

23 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

Why waste your time here looking for answer. Go to her embassy .The embassy will help her sort it out.

While the O/P was unclear, it seems likely/probable that the girlfriend is Thai and the O/P wanted to know where to go (since there are no Thai embassies in Thailand).

Of course if she is Thai and lost a passport that means she should know where she went to  obtain the previous passport.

Obviously more clarity in the original post would have been helpful and the absence of any updates may mean the problem has been sorted.

Edited by Suradit69

On 3/24/2018 at 8:16 AM, ubonjoe said:

You didn't mention her nationality. That is needed to answer your question.

If Thai it takes less than a week to get a new passport. At the main office on Chaeng Wattana road it can be done sooner.

Some – if not all – Thai passport offices use to have a "one-day" service for an extra (affordable) fee, so if one comes early, one can pick-up the new passport in the afternoon.

A police report is (to my knowledge) needed to replace a lost passport, just like lost Drivers License and SIM-card.

From what the OP posted so far we know that his girlfriend, who lost her passport, "is in Bangkok now ". From this, it is safe to assume that she is not originally from Bangkok, but does it indicate that she is of Thai nationality?

The OP asked "how can we get a passport fast?" and "what documents does she need?" Does the "we" mean that he is also in Bangkok? It doesn't really matter. Hopefully, he will post again later to let us know how his friend's problem got resolved.

5 hours ago, DjSilver said:

Really? You write here before you contact your embassy? Woow, I am impressed ???

I think you will find that Thai Visa is of greater assistance than most embassies.......... certainly easier to contact, especially at weekends.

• Like 1

This topic is now eight days old and we still do not know the nationality of the OP's friend ant therefore cannot give suggestions where she should go for a replacement of her lost passport. Anyway, it seems safe to assume that she has in the meantime solved her problem and this topic is now closed.

:mfr_closed1: