New GB Passport for Thai Kids

First off forgive me if this is the wrong forum, or if this subject has been covered a million times.

After six years away from Thailand, I am going back for visit.

I will state that for the last six years I have worked hard in the UK just trying to support everyone that has been involved in me,

I mention this,  to counter the obvious questions relating to why have I been away from my Children for so long,  I originally got back to the UK from Asia  pretty broke, homeless,   ( well you know the situation), and have started from scratch to build up a life.

Anyway a break from the relentless work has appeared, and I on the spur of the moment,  thought, " It's about time I saw the kids I do support, ( they are aged 8 and 11 ) even if they will not be sure who I am ".

I haven't seen the mother in six years, and she will always remain close to my heart, but I am a realist and realise time has moved on.

So I planned my trip as to visit the kids,  stay out of people's way,  have a nice visit,  meet the kids, and leave.
This trip was all booked last minute ( Court case  finished early, I work in the courts, and next one not starting till May).
I contacted the Kid's mother first, just to check the lay of the land, all was well, so I booked.

NOW,  the subject of organising  a Brit passport for the kids has reared it's head ( I leave in two weeks),  I have been on line frantically searching for info, and it doesn't seem easy.
My one question  I ask is this : Do I need  to have a British professional person countersign the kids photographs ?

For obvious reasons that is impossible,  my UK friends have only seen video /Skype  calls or whatever, and they do not live anywhere near Thailand

so is it possible to get a Thai professional ( who speaks English)  to countersign these photographs ?, while out In Issaan ?

I do have a friends in BKK  who are English, but not doctors/lawyers  etc.

Anyway thanks for taking the time to read

1 hour ago, dannyh2000uk said:

My one question  I ask is this : Do I need  to have a British professional person countersign the kids photographs ?

No. If the person countersigning isn’t a professional you just need state in the application information section that you don’t know any ‘professionals’ that know the child that can sign. 

A Thai can’t sign, but some nationals other than Brits can. You’ll need to check the passport notes.

You or the children’s mother will need to apply for the passports in Bangkok. They take about 2-3 weeks.

Hi this is a thread I recently started about our own daughter's passport.

Not knowing any UK professionals in Thailand I sent the photo to a UK friend who countersigned.

If you know anyone suitably qualified living in the UK who can identify your kids maybe worth getting them to fill in their part of the form, signing the pics and taking that to Thailand with you on your visit.

1 hour ago, edwinchester said:

Not knowing any UK professionals in Thailand I sent the photo to a UK friend who countersigned.

If you know anyone suitably qualified living in the UK who can identify your kids maybe worth getting them to fill in their part of the form, signing the pics and taking that to Thailand with you on your visit

That is unnecessary. See my post above. 

• Like 1

On ‎25‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 1:08 AM, elviajero said:

No. If the person countersigning isn’t a professional you just need state in the application information section that you don’t know any ‘professionals’ that know the child that can sign. 

A Thai can’t sign, but some nationals other than Brits can. You’ll need to check the passport notes.

You or the children’s mother will need to apply for the passports in Bangkok. They take about 2-3 weeks.

they need to have know them for at least 2 years and can be a friend .