back to training - loaded carries

robblok

6 minutes ago, Justfine said:

That's true. I can quit easy if I want but usually put in a decent effort.

I am sure you do was not a dig at you just that its not really practical for me to stop as the weights have to get home anyway.  Will see how things go later with the walks. If i do them every other day I got more time for recovery. Plus if I eat more I might even build some muscle and improve. I might even sometimes do days with more weight and other days with less. (and vary the distance). I am not going to stop doing them. 

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally let the GF made some pictures I was not posing for them and this was near the end of a round so I am not walking as straight as I should as the last little bit always takes the form away. The clothes and man pouch (for the phone that transmits music to the headset) make it all look a bit flabby but that is an illusion almost no fat on the belly. 

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

You must eat a lot of eggs to end up with a head like that. Your arms look strong. Not sure about the shoes.

Tis a great exercise though. Glad I started it. Looking forward to seeing what I can do in 6 months 

53 minutes ago, JimmyTheMook said:

Nice, I do these farmer walks as well with two 80 pound kettle balls.

Very tiring indeed and include a few steps with them as well but inside an aircond gym.

Old saying, Farmer Strong.

That is a nice weight.. i go for distance this time i did 1.300 meters. I am going to try to increase the weights but slowly. Recently went up and It makes a big difference in how much i can do. I am pretty sure its a bit easier in an aircon, but I just don't have the room in my gym. I would have to turn too many times to really make distance. 

Just now, Justfine said:

You must eat a lot of eggs to end up with a head like that. Your arms look strong. Not sure about the shoes.

Tis a great exercise though. Glad I started it. Looking forward to seeing what I can do in 6 months 

My arms and shoulders and even chest are quite strong, but the pictures don't do them justice. Pictures in full sun never do. I was not posing just asked the GF to take some pictures. The picture where I am bending down that is just before I set the weights down. 

Your actually not the only one that made a remark about the shoes. They are actually quite good shoes but I might have to wear my training shoes. I guess i was just being lazy. 

1 hour ago, Justfine said:

I wear cricket training shoes without the spikes. Really good walking shoes. I don't want to trip.

The shoes are not as bad as you might think they are TEVA a good brand and they walk quite well. I always wear them also for long distances. I do got some running shoes and gym shoes but never really felt the need to change. I might just try it once, there is thankfully not much chance of me tripping in the park. 

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

The shoes are not as bad as you might think they are TEVA a good brand and they walk quite well. I always wear them also for long distances. I do got some running shoes and gym shoes but never really felt the need to change. I might just try it once, there is thankfully not much chance of me tripping in the park. 

I question the "trainers" in your photos...Are they Nike....:stoner:

19 minutes ago, transam said:

I question the "trainers" in your photos...Are they Nike....:stoner:

Yes the trainers are nike dry fit.. I almost always wear them. Got multiple sets. Sorry trainers in my book is usually about shoes. But you know I am not a native speaker.  I don't care too much about fashion when training. The t shirt is also nike dry fit.. its soaked after the training. 

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Not to spin the topic, but what is your opinion on eating of all related dairy products and meats?

seems the current knowledge is to avoid most of this in your diet if possible and switch to plant based

proteins.

2 minutes ago, JimmyTheMook said:

Not to spin the topic, but what is your opinion on eating of all related dairy products and meats?

seems the current knowledge is to avoid most of this in your diet if possible and switch to plant based

proteins.

I eat meat and drink dairy (though not as much). I take kefir (is dairy). I sometimes take yoghurt (the flavorless one) with musli (without added sugar and a protein scoop). 

Meat.. i eat chicken and if i can some beef. I would not go plant based but if you think its better be my guest. I think that plant based is not optimal, but others disagree. I don't presume to know it all so I leave that as a personal choice to people. 

I feel good with dairy (i dont have a lactose problem) and meat I have always eaten (mostly chicken) and some beef. I don't see the problem there. If you go plant based proteins you have to switch them around because they are not complete proteins. 

28 minutes ago, JimmyTheMook said:

proteins.

Meat is good for you. People lived for 100,000 years on it. Grass fed is the best. Organs are loaded with iron etc.

Dairy well you are better off eating cottage cheese for protein than drinking milk. I drink milk but for nutrition it offers little. 70% of my shake liquid is water.

Soy protein has been linked to problems in men.

Pea protein I believe is safe to eat but the powder tastes ordinary. Whey is better.

Eggs are a complete protein source and great stomach fillers.

Personally I am of the opinion that not all humans are the same. The documentary the truth about carbs showed me that some people can handle carbs far better than others. I am sure the same applies for other foods. I think everyone is different and has different preferences. Some people go real good on low carb, others like don't go well on low carb. 

I will not give any hard and fast rules anymore, the best diet is the one you stick with. That can be anything. 

But I think we all agree that once you cut out processed foods the battle is half won. Whatever else you do after that low carb, vegan or higher carbs that is a matter of personal preference. 

37.75kgs (75.5kgs) for 600m. Feeling the weight more now. As a result I think I should do this exercise stand alone so I can extend the effort and not worry about 1hr of weights after.

Day 1 carries

Day 2 15 mins rowing then regular weights

Day 3 rest/walk

Repeat. Extra days off when reqd.

2 hours ago, Justfine said:

37.75kgs (75.5kgs) for 600m. Feeling the weight more now. As a result I think I should do this exercise stand alone so I can extend the effort and not worry about 1hr of weights after.

Day 1 carries

Day 2 15 mins rowing then regular weights

Day 3 rest/walk

Repeat. Extra days off when reqd.

Sounds good, I am actually toying with the idea to order some more plates for my kettlebells so I don't have to go up if I want to do heavy days. I still got enough plates but like to keep a few up for my dumbbells (all the same system). Problem is that its not for sale in Asia just yet and the price of transport gets high ?

4 hours ago, Justfine said:

Try buckets ?

I actually got enough plates but that would mean I would have to assemble disassemble some weight stacks once in a while (luxury problem). Anyway will see right now I don't need the weight. But I am toying with the idea to mix between heavy and light sessions. 

Today my normal round with 25 kg was heavier than normal still got it to 1300 meters or 5 rounds but more stops. I had a real crappy night of sleep woke op like 5 times so that might have had something to do with it. 

As I said I was going to do it every other day... i might just do it tomorrow for a light day with 3 rounds. But will see could be a total break for tomorrow too. I like the exercise it leaves me drenched in sweat i keep sweating even after I am done and back under a fan in the aircon. I wait for a while then take a shower. Its good stuff.

42 minutes ago, Justfine said:

40.25kgs for 400m. Weather wasnt great otherwise would have done more. Did a quick deadlift set at the end.

Still nothing to be ashamed about. Seems good to me.

Archived