Logging Out In Public

seonai

Hi. For various reasons I am using a public computer at the moment and I can't log out completely of Thai Visa. No matter which of these computers I use, when I come back another day I am still there logged in as me!!!!!! Help!!!!!! That means anyone else could post as me when it's not me............ :o

As Farma says. But click on the logout button first, then clear the cookies. When you log in next time, use the login button at the top which will give you the screen with the box to 'not remember me'. Be sure to do that on all the public computers you have used.

When you go on to the computer click the log in button at the top, uncheck the remember me button.

Also, make sure you click the log out button at the top -don't just close the browser window.

Then, go back to all the machines you are logged into and delete their cookies. That way no one can use your name. Suggest you change your password as well, could be problematical if someone used your account.

The problem is this: when you logged in the first time, the box “Remember me?” was selected by default. It is always selected by default when you log in

This is what you need to do: instead of just closing the browser window, next time click on the “Log Out” link, near the top on the left of the screen. Next time you go to ThaiVisa, you should then be required to log in again.

See if it works on the computer you are using.

--

Maestro

well I tried 'log out' yesterday, but when I came back today I used a different computer and I was there, logged in!!!! So just now I logged out and switched computers and it was okay, I had to log in again!!!!

Sorry to sound dim but I can't find the 'remember me' thing and I have no idea what a cookie is or where to find them!!!

Thanks for the help.

After you log-out follow these simple steps.

Place your mouse over the (1) I.E. (Internet Explore) Icon and press the right-hand button, (should you be right-handed and the Mouse in configured that way).

Then this little screen should come up.

Press the (2) Delete Cookies button with your left-hand button. Once you have done that, Press the (3) “Delete Files” button. Another very little screen come up and you should tick the “Delete all offline content” and the press the (4) “Clear History” button and that hopefully should clear you out.

Note :- I.E. 6 version, about ver 7. I do not know.

Yours truly,

Kan Win

Seonai, you mentioned in your last post that you "logged out" from one computer but were still logged-in on another. This is very much possible. If you go back to the computer from where you logged out and open TV, you'll see that you'll have to log in again.

You can also try on the very same computer but using two different browsers like IE and Netscape. Log-in on both browsers but log-out from one. You will still be logged-in on the browser you did not log out but you will be logged out from the other.

Hope this helps. :o