Expat Relationships and How Does Lingerie Fit In?!

webfact

Expat Relationships and How Does Lingerie Fit In?!

By Dan Cheeseman

expat-relationships.png?resize=800,500&s

As you may or may not already know, I am the MD for Thaivisa, an online media for foreigners with an interest in Thailand.

In fact from the 1.2 million visitors each month, two thirds of this traffic comes from within Thailand – so expats or tourists already in the country. An interesting question came up recently regarding expat relationships.

Just the other week Thaivisa was contacted by a lingerie business curious as to the opportunity to promote on our site. My initial instinct was to think this would be a long shot for them but then it dawned on me: Expats must buy gifts for their loved ones.

The problem was with no market intelligence we could not scope the actual potential for them. So we decided to conduct an online survey to ascertain expats buying propensity for lingerie and underwear for the girlfriends and wives.

The survey attracted over 500 respondents and 396 of those were expats and so, using only expats replies, this is what we learned.

93% have Partners

Expats like having relationships just as people do world over, with only 8% being single. Of the 93%, 87% were with Thai partners.

Full story: https://danaboutthailand.com/2018/03/26/expat-relationships-and-how-does-lingerie-fit-in/

-- DAN IN THAILAND 2018-03-27

I saw this survey and started it, the moment it began about lingerie for my partner, I did not go further with it. If it s this kinds of survey's we can expect more of Thai visa, if so then I don't  have to open it the next time.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, RotMahKid said:

I saw this survey and started it, the moment it began about lingerie for my partner, I did not go further with it. If it s this kinds of survey's we can expect more of Thai visa, if so then I don't  have to open it the next time.

Sounds like you could be "Not the Romantic type".

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, RotMahKid said:

I completed the survey. What's the problem, questions too hard ?

• Haha 2

Just now, korkenzieher said:

I completed it - then got it again... And again.  There's a point at which you say 'go away' - or use Anglo Saxon to that effect.

I opened it and completed it. Are you saying you opened it multiple times or that it kept somehow popping up?

3 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

I opened it and completed it. Are you saying you opened it multiple times or that it kept somehow popping up?

I got it 3 times - completed it the first time. Second time I started it, thinking maybe it was a different survey / supplier, but soon twigged that it was the same. 3rd time, just ignored it. It use different browsers and PC's so in fairness, if they were using tracking cookies, that might be expected - but if they were doing it based on ID, then they should know they've served it up already.

Edited by korkenzieher
insert the quote

10 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

I completed the survey. What's the problem, questions too hard ?

I completed it too, however the survey was vague.

If you really want to know if members will buy they should ask the question. The survey should've been direct and asked if you would buy lingerie for your GF/wife, not "do you buy gifts". I buy gifts for my wife, bought lingerie once, she never wore it, didn't like it.