Watch Issue Is ‘Over,’ Prawit Insists

webfact

18 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I hope in this lifetime I get to see corruption in this country with these clowns and the like quashed, but I know that ain't going to happen so I will just keep buying my copies (watches).

You must be expecting to live to a very ripe old age.:thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, mark01 said:

Corruption top to bottom.

I guess he can only wear them at home now.

Surprised he didn't say they were just fake copies he got from the market.

To make face you have to flaunt your wealth, and he's got down to an art!

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

Utterly, utterly shameless. What more can be said about all of this? 

Utterly shameless are the vast majority of the citizens who take all this without even a hint of anger. I would have expected a huge wave of protests.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, mark01 said:

Corruption top to bottom.

I guess he can only wear them at home now.

Surprised he didn't say they were just fake copies he got from the market.

That would have been the easiest way out. But as the deputy PM of a country,  it would have landed him and his buddies in a huge problem with much more legal ramifications from international companies making these watches.

6 minutes ago, Eligius said:

You are totally right - that NACC and their ilk cannot claim any credibility whatsoever after this.

BUT none of that matters one iota - IF THE THAI PEOPLE DO NOT TAKE ACTION. If they carry on allowing sand to be shovelled into their eyes - then they deserve all they are getting and will get ...

From what I have gleaned, the Thai people generally accept if you get into a position of power, ie police, politician, government official of any kind, then it's open slather on lining your pockets as much as you can, however you can. Greed is good, and money is god.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Ossy said:

Let's put a positive spin on Porky getting away with murder - again. He forgets that Thais do not forget who cheats them, or who promised to resign, should they be 'dim' enough not to want him in power. Let's watch the watches come back to give the cretin a time to remember, when he and his fellow fancy-pants get shown the door. I can't wait!

the 2P's in trad costume.jpg

he'll probably be living in London in a few years ; )

• Like 1

This is a statement from Prawit, not the NACC, though I'm sure they will come to the same, almost inevitable, conclusion, which would lead me to believe that those particular bastions of virtue are just as corrupt as everyone else.

Whether Prawit considers the case over or not, I'm pretty sure he hasn't heard the last of it. Despite giddyup's generally correct comment about Thais condoning corruption, this case does appear to have been treated rather differently by the public, possibly due to the Prawit's arrogance, perhaps even the fact that he has never been chosen as a politician by the public, maybe even his appearance.

2 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

If the political parties are smart, they will immediately add to their platforms;

"We will investigate General Rolex to the fullest extent of the law if we are part of Government."

It's a vote-getter!

Not only that but No 1 Man for failing to take action against him, which would of course preclude him from becoming a future PM, which might appeal to some of the Parties?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

The arrogance of the man is beyond belief, watch issue is over !! 

The Thai people are watching, and slowly very slowly stirring, ole fatty and his corrupt pals are on their way out.

Ya reckon?

2 hours ago, webfact said:

dozens of luxury watches worth millions of baht spotted on his wrist were all loaned by a friend.

This being the friend who is no longer in the land of the living? How convenient. Especially given that the friend's family don't seem overly concerned that the borrower is still sitting on the borrowed goods.

Prawit obviously theorises that BS works with enough of the populace to render any meaningful investigation moot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, z42 said:

These knuckle draggers in the NACC have done precisely nothing in 4 months. CSI LA categorized the watches on a chart, 25 different ones yet the NACC are disputing that.

In a real country this is what should and does happen to corrupt officials https://news.cgtn.com/news/3151444d316b7a6333566d54/share.html

This will have a silver lining though, neither the NACC or NCPO can claim to have any credibility now as people of integrity. The proof is in the pictures and the piss poor attrmpt at a whitewash

With all the forest fires here, they would have a problem to find proper wood to build enough gallows.

In the meantime the investigation into how Little Toad got into the Thai Military anyway; as his 1.5 metre height is considerably below the 1.6 metre height requirement, has stalled somewhat. Is this watch stuff a smokescreen I ask? 

Edited by owl sees all

23 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:

This being the friend who is no longer in the land of the living? How convenient. Especially given that the friend's family don't seem overly concerned that the borrower is still sitting on the borrowed goods.

Prawit obviously theorises that BS works with enough of the populace to render any meaningful investigation moot.

I am sorry to say that many Thais are so familiar with coming out with fatuous and totally incredible 'excuses' and lies for this, that and the other - that they are probably not all that outraged by Prawit's nonsense and in-your-face lies. It's a daily occurrence in Thailand.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

It would only have taken one phone call to the watch manufacturer (Richard Mille) to establish who actually purchased the watch, so one can only surmise that the NACC didn't really want to know the answer.

No, it wouldn't.

The manufacturer makes the watches and sells them to authorized dealers. They don't know who owns/buys them.

And even if they would they would not share that info. That would make purchases of their aatches plummit as no corrupted politician would buy any anymore.

21 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

No, it wouldn't.

The manufacturer makes the watches and sells them to authorized dealers. They don't know who owns/buys them.

And even if they would they would not share that info. That would make purchases of their aatches plummit as no corrupted politician would buy any anymore.

Approaching watch manufacturers or outlets is a red herring as they would not break client confidentiality, unless of course they were given a Court Order to do so.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Happy enough said:

he'll probably be living in London in a few years ; )

Yes, I hear they're cryin' out for a chamber maid and janitor at No.10. "Bagsy I get the chamber maid," shouts Porky, knowing he gets whatever he asks for. I'll warm immigration to watch out for them, next March . . . it'll take them more than a month to get all their swag bagged up.