Thai Women, The Goose and the Golden Egg

bwpage3

40 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

Same as when they want several thousand baht for all night and then ask for a tip, taxi money or breakfast. Or so I'm told. 555. But that is a sure no to rebook for that girl for me and many others.

555 nearly as funny as the broke arse falangs that are way more stingy than the prostitutes they are pursuing.  Oh the irony. Taxi money? Fycks sake... What a cheapskate 

3 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Well, bwpage3, it appears you are the one confused. I see you are concerned with the woman staying with you, as if you want a long-term relationship rather than just a sexual encounter. However, you seem to think a relationship is financially-based rather than emotionally-based. I think most Thai ladies are well aware of the buffalo and the ATM; er, uh, the goose and the golden egg.  You seem to have set the boundaries that you (i.e., the goose) will provide the money (i.e., the golden egg) so she will keep you around because you somehow will continue to come up with the gold. That seems a very depressing presumption; no caring or love involved, just cash on demand, a basic financial arrangement with a buffalo with plastic. 

It doesn't have to be relationship based for the concept of the goose who lays the golden egg to be applicable and as mentioned before... it is not Thai specific nor is it sex specific. The goose and golden egg is often opportunity squandered.

Here is a place to stay... nice place and not just a single room and here is a vehicle. Need food go here, gas go there and all the bills are paid. In return I want nothing except you get a job... any job... and all the wages are yours to do with as you see fit. Many times I have done this in many countries and with both sexes and every time except 2 has resulted in the person doing sod all for a month so I've thrown then out and shut the house down.

I don't do it any more.

16 minutes ago, notmyself said:

It doesn't have to be relationship based for the concept of the goose who lays the golden egg to be applicable and as mentioned before... it is not Thai specific nor is it sex specific. The goose and golden egg is often opportunity squandered.

Here is a place to stay... nice place and not just a single room and here is a vehicle. Need food go here, gas go there and all the bills are paid. In return I want nothing except you get a job... any job... and all the wages are yours to do with as you see fit. Many times I have done this in many countries and with both sexes and every time except 2 has resulted in the person doing sod all for a month so I've thrown then out and shut the house down.

I don't do it any more.

What you are describing is not what I see the OP is saying. You'll let them live with you in your house for sex, but they have to get a job for spending money and to support their family. Then you are somehow surprised they do not want to work.

8 minutes ago, smotherb said:

What you are describing is not what I see the OP is saying. You'll let them live with you in your house for sex, but they have to get a job for spending money and to support their family. Then you are somehow surprised they do not want to work.

OP does not indicate that but #7, which I had missed, does. You are correct.

17 hours ago, JOC said:

How refreshing with a topic never discussed on Thaivisa before....:coffee1:

Really impressed by the metaphors: Goose....Golden Egg

Jeez where do you get the inspiration from?

"any obvious indicators?" you ask                                If you need to ask that question here, you are in the risk zone....

Methinks risk zone is in the rear view mirror.  A question like that is "crumple zone".  You know, the first couple of meters from the from front of the bus?

Image result for tour bus accident

Edited by CanuckThai
penamnship

14 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

And what makes you think this is exclusive to Thai women?  Personally I have found that the percentage of women too stupid to know when to stop killing the goose is pretty equal across many nations.  A higher level of education and good family role models probably help.  Look for those two first. Meet her mum and dad.  Are they still together? Do they seem a well adjusted couple?  If they and the girl seem OK then that's a starting point for you.

The fact that the girl has a good career in her own right and does not work in what I will euphemistically call "the tourist entertainment industry" would also be a good place to begin.  That is three good common sense  items for your checklist.  

Yes, it is not exclusive to Thai women; although Thai women seem to easily fit this MO.  However, I see the problem as not being as much stupid women as it is stupid men. Your three suggestions are well-taken. Certainly being selective with your women is noteworthy; make sure they have a solid family background, a good education and a decent career--qualities which escape most sex-workers.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, starky said:

555 nearly as funny as the broke arse falangs that are way more stingy than the prostitutes they are pursuing.  Oh the irony. Taxi money? Fycks sake... What a cheapskate 

Wasn't expecting that!!!!!   "From what I am told," some of these girls ask on a price and an agreement is made. On the basis that they have got what they quoted for,  the next step for some of the clever ones is to see how much more they can squeeze "the golden eggs" for.  A request for taxi money will mean several hundred baht, if the punter is mug enough.  Not just 39 baht, round the corner local, or a 5 minute walk down the soi, or 5 minutes on a motorbike (assuming any transport is needed.)  The object is really to get more money than quoted.

"So I am also told";  that if they think the golden egg is not dry yet, a request for a tip of at least another 200 - 500B above the quoted price, for exceptionally good service rendered, would be nice and of course we all need breakfast.  Well a nice coffee at Starbucks and a muffin is another couple of hundred at least and you are presumably suggesting we are generous, not be a cheap Charlie.   Well a nice generous fellow  like you suggest could easily be persuaded to part with another 1,000 or more if he did not to be seen as cheap by you or some of these "poor" girls.  Good thing I am married and don't deal with this sort of thing any more!!!!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

Wasn't expecting that!!!!!   "From what I am told," some of these girls ask on a price and an agreement is made. On the basis that they have got what they quoted for,  the next step for some of the clever ones is to see how much more they can squeeze "the golden eggs" for.  A request for taxi money will mean several hundred baht, if the punter is mug enough.  Not just 39 baht, round the corner local, or a 5 minute walk down the soi, or 5 minutes on a motorbike (assuming any transport is needed.)  The object is really to get more money than quoted.

"So I am also told";  that if they think the golden egg is not dry yet, a request for a tip of at least another 200 - 500B above the quoted price, for exceptionally good service rendered, would be nice and of course we all need breakfast.  Well a nice coffee at Starbucks and a muffin is another couple of hundred at least and you are presumably suggesting we are generous, not be a cheap Charlie.   Well a nice generous fellow  like you suggest could easily be persuaded to part with another 1,000 or more if he did not to be seen as cheap by you or some of these "poor" girls.  Good thing I am married and don't deal with this sort of thing any more!!!!!

Your perception of being the goose that lays the golden egg is a 1000 baht business deal for a one off shag that maybe jeopardised by the lady asking for a coffee and taxi fare? :smile:

26 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Your perception of being the goose that lays the golden egg is a 1000 baht business deal for a one off shag that maybe jeopardised by the lady asking for a coffee and taxi fare? :smile:

Been a while since you barfined or paid for sex I'm guessing.    I haven't paid in over 2 years, but even I know that the girls want more than 1000 baht these days.   I've heard girls ask for 6000 and not negotiate lower than 4000.    And those are not even the super hot girls.

If you just met a woman... ANY woman in the world, the best test is to tell her, that you still live with your mom, that you hate working and have no money.

If she is still up for a date, the she is a “good” girl and properly likes you for real.

Good luck... you will need it.

Edited by khunpa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Deerhunter said:

Way off base mate im married as well but "so I am told" some blokes after they have had a particularly good night may take their chosen paramour for a free breakfast in the hotel in which they stay and maybe a few bob for a taxi home. A 500 baht tip and breakfast at Starbucks seem well above the odds as does this alluded to several hundred baht taxi. So you have in effect taken my post from the sublime to the ridiculous. I'm talking pennies your talking pounds and anyone that would be silly enough to pay that should cop it sweet. I wouldn't expect anything less from a girl to get as much out of punter as she could and I wish them all the best of luck. Do you expect them to be pillars of virtue? Oh no poor johnny sexpat got ripped by the hooker he flew half way round the world to chase because she is cheaper than the sluts in his home country..heavens forbid. 

Edited by starky

7 hours ago, torrzent said:

Always get a laugh at so many foreigners who consider themselves as highly sought after high rollers....or in this case golden egg laying geese with an existential crisis.  I hope it isn't a fools' gold omelette.

Hmm, or is it because you aint any of the above ?

5 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Before LINE many women (ladies of the night/day) would call and hang up and wait for you call them back,.....to save the price of the phone call. It always amazed me that they were not willing to "invest" the price of a phone call to turn a trick. They wanted their "fee" and not even have to pay for the phone call.

Their excuse every time when asked why did they hang up (even though it was obvious) was "no credit" in phone. Then I would tell them..."OK, call me back when you have credit".

The last of the big spenders.   :biggrin:

1 hour ago, khunpa said:

If you just met a woman... ANY woman in the world, the best test is to tell her, that you still live with your mom, that you hate working and have no money.

If she is still up for a date, the she is a “good” girl and properly likes you for real.

Good luck... you will need it.

True, i hate working, i have ( almost ) no money and i am single :smile:

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

I'm really not sure if any Thai women would understand this. If they do, then can they please explain it to me.

I agree -- I don't think my TGF would get much past the concept of a guy laying eggs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 473geo said:

Well the thread is about Thai women exploiting the golden egg goose. As for the rest of your reply I have no idea what you mean except you seem to think Thai women are casting off their knickers for 1000b.  Good luck with that.

Edited by The Deerhunter
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

Well the thread is about Thai women exploiting the golden egg goose. As for the rest of your reply I have no idea what you mean except you seem to think Thai women are casting off their knickers for 1000b.  Good luck with that.

I had it good guys....good luck with your 180k baht a month for sex.....you make a married guy feel great

:smile:

5 hours ago, smotherb said:

Well, bwpage3, it appears you are the one confused. I see you are concerned with the woman staying with you, as if you want a long-term relationship rather than just a sexual encounter. However, you seem to think a relationship is financially-based rather than emotionally-based. I think most Thai ladies are well aware of the buffalo and the ATM; er, uh, the goose and the golden egg.  You seem to have set the boundaries that you (i.e., the goose) will provide the money (i.e., the golden egg) so she will keep you around because you somehow will continue to come up with the gold. That seems a very depressing presumption; no caring or love involved, just cash on demand, a basic financial arrangement with a buffalo with plastic. If there is no caring or love involved, why should she want to stay with you and make her life miserable? She would no doubt want you to buy her jewelry, a house, a car, support her family, and that “brother” who is always in need for as long as she can stand being with you. An enterprising lady may even see the benefit of getting rid of you as soon as you provide the jewelry, house and car; so she could get another goose. And, her opinion of you could be so loathsome that she runs-off without your money just to be rid of you. Your premise is exceedingly disparaging if you do not have a time-based income generator and have all your gold in lump sum, which could indeed be taken with her.  

Why not rethink your situation and have some self-confidence? Be the gander, instead of the goose. Have the confidence that you may have some worth, other than gold, to a woman who is looking for a relationship. Look outside the sex-industry for your woman, have interests other than quaffing and carnal dallying. Certainly, you have some other interests, some hobbies, some skills. Those other interests may have some significance to her. Acclimate yourself to Thailand, get to know the language, the religion, the arts, the history, the politics; have something else to talk about and share opinions. Find a woman who speaks good English, is intelligent and capable and is not so hard to look at. Someone you could actually learn to love for herself. You know, like one real person to another.  Think out of the box and not only getting into it.

This post was generated after reading about the American that hung himself. The wife had everything it seems and still deep sixed him.

So your response is about as far off track as can be and makes you look like an idiot.

20 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

This post was generated after reading about the American that hung himself. The wife had everything it seems and still deep sixed him.

So your response is about as far off track as can be and makes you look like an idiot.

Another OUTSTANDING thread Bwpage3.  So let me ask, if this thread was generated based on what you said why didnt you start your thread with that as an opener versus some ambiguous junk and then call people an idiot.  

Anyway you continue to WOW the crowd....LOL

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Katia said:

If you don't offer golden eggs, you don't have to worry that that may be all she's after?

I think there are a few of us who understand the golden egg is just a part of the relationship cohesive, probably the ones that are still married.

3 hours ago, 473geo said:

I had it good guys....good luck with your 180k baht a month for sex.....you make a married guy feel great

Sorry. You completely lost me there. No idea what you are on about.  Don't bother explaining as I will have house guests tomorrow and no time.

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 6:17 PM, bwpage3 said:

What percentage of Thai women do you think understands the concept of the goose and the golden egg?

It should read what percentage of MEN understand the concept of being a goose.

All these threads regarding Thai women when they are NO different to any other.

I understand what it takes make it work and here it is money. Or are you one of the stupid one's that thinks she loves you for your good looks even know there's 30 + years age difference.

I love Thai lady's and fully understand what they want. I worked, lived and loved in many country's, and I believe all women want security for them their children and in some places like here, family. And yes it has to add up to you having a dollar in your pocket or how else could you provide this ?

Some just aren't as forward but at the end of the day they will only love you till it runs out, so have enough for long time.

It's nothing more than a simple contract here and I love how it works. You pay for what you want, there very happy to give it and more and it's much cheaper than elsewhere.

If you want to believe it's all love and cuddles then keep posting threads bagging Thai women.

Best to have a cup of concrete dearie.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

I have no idea what you mean except you seem to think Thai women are casting off their knickers for 1000b.  Good luck with that.

8 hours ago, seancbk said:

I haven't paid in over 2 years, but even I know that the girls want more than 1000 baht these days.   I've heard girls ask for 6000 and not negotiate lower than 4000.    And those are not even the super hot girls.

5 hours ago, 473geo said:

1 hour ago, The Deerhunter said:

Sorry. You completely lost me there. No idea what you are on about.  Don't bother explaining as I will have house guests tomorrow and no time.

My pleasure - 6000 x 30 (days in the month) = 180k :smile: and there are guys advocating 'rent don't marry' or it will cost you!!  Of course doesn't take into account economies of scale :smile:

my experience is the only thing woman think i'm good for is my dick,

and they are probably right, but its none the less depressing, specially now that i'm old so even that isnt attracting

Edited by poanoi