Prawit dismisses Thaksin prediction of a ‘landslide win’

rooster59

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

For a person who you think is done for, he is doing very well to rattle the cage of the junta every time he made an appearance and speak and is the media darling. Off course he influence PTP but smart enough to avoid that constitution trapdoor. 

Many pundits, Dems and even the junta have resigned to the fact that PTP will win big. You seem the exception. Too bad you can vote or you made a big impact to the election results.

I think your last para meant to say that whoever in power will be corrupt and arrogant as the currents mob. No one holds a candle close to the arrogance of Prayut and Prawit. 

The junta is like you said a pair of idiots, it does not take much to rattle their cages. A child could do it.

Who says I don't think the PTP will win, just not as big as you think, they certainly won't get a majority or something like that. I think their result will be worse then last time. 

The arrogance of Prayut and Prawit i huge, but Thaksin overshadows them in arrogance. I have never seen anyone worse then him though Prayut and Prawit make a real close second. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

Everyone knows Thaksin is the leader of the PTP just alone the fact that they all came for his blessing and he selected / supported the new leader of the PTP says enough. Circumstantial evidence is also evidence, just get a lot of it and wham done. 

His arogance will make it easy. 

If they dissolve the party enough times maybe some people will get it in their head staying with Thaksin is not the best way forward. 

Be honest now do you know of any democratic countries where an convicted criminal would be allowed to lead the country by proxy ?

But then plenty on here would have us believe that Thailand has never been a democracy, so is that the correct question?

I can think of a few countries where convicted criminals have gone on to lead the place...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, baboon said:

But then plenty on here would have us believe that Thailand has never been a democracy, so is that the correct question?

I can think of a few countries where convicted criminals have gone on to lead the place...

I can also think of some countries where this happend.. just not first world countries in recent history. 

I think Thailand was indeed never a mature democracy, but it on one side people want to condemn coups as they are not part of democracy but at the other side they do want a corrupt leader back (not saying you want him back) and that is also not done in a real democracy. Just saying they can't have it both ways. If you accept Thaksin can come back you have to accept coups too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, robblok said:

The junta is like you said a pair of idiots, it does not take much to rattle their cages. A child could do it.

Who says I don't think the PTP will win, just not as big as you think, they certainly won't get a majority or something like that. I think their result will be worse then last time. 

The arrogance of Prayut and Prawit i huge, but Thaksin overshadows them in arrogance. I have never seen anyone worse then him though Prayut and Prawit make a real close second. 

Rob, read my post slowly. I said that PTP will not win a majority because of the MMA system. Only possibility of a majority if they win over the Dem seats but almost tough but not impossible to win against Dem incumbents. PTP need friendly midsize party/parties to have the majority. 

How you conclude Thaksin arrogance more than the 2Ps. Will like to hear your rationality. 

6 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

We've had this argument many times and you still ignore the underlying reason why the rest of the world will not accept the convictions: The case was not  considered to have been subject to a fair judicial hearing because the judiciary was not  considered to be independent. Instead, the outcome  is considered to have been politically influenced.

The issue is not the culpability of the accused. Rather it was whether or not the process was fair, transparent and not influenced by the  military regime. You believe it was. The  foreign governments and their judiciary do not agree, otherwise they would block their entry  as undesirable criminals.

I disagree .. the rest of the world just does not give a rats ass about this whole debacle. 

Edited by robblok
  • Like 1

Just now, Eric Loh said:

Rob, read my post slowly. I said that PTP will not win a majority because of the MMA system. Only possibility of a majority if they win over the Dem seats but almost tough but not impossible to win against Dem incumbents. PTP need friendly midsize party/parties to have the majority. 

How you conclude Thaksin arrogance more than the 2Ps. Will like to hear your rationality. 

Eric,

Landslide is for me a majority winning big is also for me a majority.. maybe we have a different idea of what a landslide is. If you say they will be the biggest party.. I think your right. 

My rationality for Thaksin to be more arrogant, i seen them both in action that is what i base my opinion on. But its kinda like  discussing food you can't really win or find objective parameters. 

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

Eric,

Landslide is for me a majority winning big is also for me a majority.. maybe we have a different idea of what a landslide is. If you say they will be the biggest party.. I think your right. 

My rationality for Thaksin to be more arrogant, i seen them both in action that is what i base my opinion on. But its kinda like  discussing food you can't really win or find objective parameters. 

You do have a idiosyncratic way to opine. I will leave it as that as it will go nowhere.  

13 minutes ago, robblok said:

I can also think of some countries where this happend.. just not first world countries in recent history. 

I think Thailand was indeed never a mature democracy, but it on one side people want to condemn coups as they are not part of democracy but at the other side they do want a corrupt leader back (not saying you want him back) and that is also not done in a real democracy. Just saying they can't have it both ways. If you accept Thaksin can come back you have to accept coups too. 

Well, there was Kim Dae Jung in 1998...

Thaksin IS allowed back. However his life would be made... 'uncomfortable' to say the least. Do I personally want him back? I can't really say that I care much either way. It isn't like he would give a toss if I were in his position. People like him only care about them and theirs.

Edited by baboon
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

You do have a idiosyncratic way to opine. I will leave it as that as it will go nowhere.  

Your entiteled to your opinion but how can you objectively say who is more arrogant.. how arrogant is is up to interpretation. Thaksin is famous for his arrogance. Its not like there are objective benchmarks for arrogance. How would you measure it objectively ?

As these two people are both basically advocates of the Rolex theory of democracy, I think we can write both of them off as scam artists. It is scary that people actually believe their nonsense. The alternative is obviously extremely poor.

Edited by Mexlark

1 hour ago, JOC said:

This little man can't clearly not keep his mouth shut.....

So full of self entitlement....

Normally not a violent man, but I wouldn't mind planting a fist in his face....

rob.jpg

Be very careful!

Normally, his species is very kind, wise and peaceful, and thus his pronouncement about the up-coming election should be heeded. However, his emergence has demonstrated that the tales of yore had some truth to them...

He is the Evil Hobbit!

• Haha 1

I would dearly love to see the result of a comprehensive poll of the populace as to which particular party the common man & woman in the street would expect to win the election, when ever that happens of course :biggrin:

I'm not sure that the polling companies / unis etc would be able to do that let alone publish the results for all to see !!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, YetAnother said:

as a well known, smart american billionaire said: 'we need to listen to what they say , then we will know who the morons are' 

That's a fantastic quote...one for my note book.

Another one I love is..

"If you can keep your calm while all about you have lost theirs.....it's probably because you don't understand the situation properly".

Edited by dotpoom
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JOC said:

Another one who are out of touch with reality....

All governments in the last 20 years have run some kind of support schemes for the farmers.....All costing a lot of taxpayer money

But only Yingluck was taken to court to take responsibility and have her assets seized.......Not political?

Not defending the rice pledging scheme....that was pure stupidity. But personally Yingluck gained nothing from it....And in a country rife with corruption and nepotism she had to face the music.....Not political?

The dinosaurs that took her to court, have just wasted 150 billion baht on their village campaign....Do you think, they will ever have to answer for their generosity with taxpayer money.....Of course not....because they granted themselves immunity from day one......Not political?

You, me and others actually have no idea whether Yingluck or any member of her family gained personally or not.

But we do know that she appointed herself head of the committee, to chair the meetings and then never bothered turning up. She did declare on more than one occasion that there was no fraud in the scheme. She did state on more than one occasion that she, and only she, was in charge. She did sack her commerce minister for fraud but didn't stop the fraudulent deal or seek to redress it.  And she was convicted of negligence. Which seems pretty reasonable based on the evidence.

The fact others may be corrupt, inept, ineffective and waste is not an excuse.The selective way the law is applied is wrong for sure. But none of that makes Yingluck innocent or her negligence acceptable. Rather it's a shame the law isn't applied to more.

• Like 2

Well, how come if know where the "Fugitive Puppeteer from Dubai" & his "Puppet from UK" are, why aren't they being arrested & extradited to face the music here??? 

Perhaps, DP Prawit's watches are out of sync by 10 years or so !!

both are wanted in thailand and they conitinue to stick 2 fingers up this country.i wonder what passports they brought with cash so they can travel,what about interpol and the arrest warrants for both.they just walk around free as a bird.very strange why no action is taken to catch them

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, bristolgeoff said:

both are wanted in thailand and they conitinue to stick 2 fingers up this country.i wonder what passports they brought with cash so they can travel,what about interpol and the arrest warrants for both.they just walk around free as a bird.very strange why no action is taken to catch them

Sad.Just to reinforce the emoji.

3 hours ago, JOC said:

This little man can't clearly not keep his mouth shut.....

So full of self entitlement....

Normally not a violent man, but I wouldn't mind planting a fist in his face....

rob.jpg

I think a lot of people have the same instinctive reaction as yourself, Joc, when they see this abominable thing staring at them ...!

Edited by Eligius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Deputy Premier and Defence Minister Prawit Wongsuwan said he was not convinced.

“He can say whatever he likes. The media may believe what he says. But if you ask me, I don’t believe it,” he said, when asked to comment on Thaksin’s claim.

A liar commenting on another liar. Whoever lies best will win in the Land of Lies, lol

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, baboon said:

Quite right, Baboon: think of Nelson Mandela in South Africa (the imprisoned terrorist, as he was viewed for years) ...