Mail Ordering Books

Pond Life

I tried ordering books from Amazon.com & another big online book store, but they wont deliver to Thailand.

Has anyone succeeded in ordering online to Thailand with any other company ?

The books are pretty obscure so Suriwong book store aren't likely to to have them, will they order for you ?

I ordered books from Amazon a three years back with no problems. They must have changed their policy fairly recently?

I'd say that Amazon.com does deliver to Thailand. All I can say is if the order is just books, then you will have no problem. I order books from them every month, no problem.

Seems Amazon still delivers Books/CDs/DVDs to Thailand http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/dis...88country

Also Check Kinokunia in Bangkok first http://bookweb.kinokuniya.co.jp/indexohb.cgi?AREA=07

I tried ordering books from Amazon.com & another big online book store, but they wont deliver to Thailand.

Has anyone succeeded in ordering online to Thailand with any other company ?

The books are pretty obscure so Suriwong book store aren't likely to to have them, will they order for you ?

I order & receive books from Amazon.com regularly in Chiang Mai, and strongly recommend their services.

If you are buying academic texts, many o/s university bookshops are extremely efficient in despatching orders via DHL. I have ordered online from an Australian university bookshop and had the books in hand within 3-4 days.

Please pm me if you want further details/recommendations.

Received books from Amazon US 2 months back. There is no local charges levied on books but CD most certainly attract a fee.

Not if you opt for the (slightly) slower service of the Thai PO.. I've been ordering cd's this way through Amazon and Barnes & Noble for 5 years, and each time I've done it this way, I have never paid any taxes or 'special fees' that each of the big guys charges. Each time it was delivered by FedEx or DHL, I was forced to pay a lot...

I forget what it's called but, it flies here fast, but then takes a few days before you can see it beause of the local PO delivery.

Received books from Amazon US 2 months back. There is no local charges levied on books but CD most certainly attract a fee.

Not if you opt for the (slightly) slower service of the Thai PO.. I've been ordering cd's this way through Amazon and Barnes & Noble for 5 years, and each time I've done it this way, I have never paid any taxes or 'special fees' that each of the big guys charges. Each time it was delivered by FedEx or DHL, I was forced to pay a lot...

I forget what it's called but, it flies here fast, but then takes a few days before you can see it beause of the local PO delivery.

Global Express Mail is the US Mail name on a package I just received, took 5 days for delivery from the West Coast. They had a service called Priority Air Mail in the past which was good too.

Global Express Mail is the US Mail name on a package I just received, took 5 days for delivery from the West Coast. They had a service called Priority Air Mail in the past which was good too.

And this option is available direct from Amazon? Excellent to know.

Thanks

Thanks for all the reply's, looks like I should go back to Amazon for another try, my order did contain a second hand book, so maybe that had something to do with it, also Im a new customer, maybe they'll only deliver to trusted customers.

Anyway, if Amazon doesnt work I'll try some of the other suggestions.

Thanks again

Removed the second hand book from the shopping list.

Re submitted the order & it seems to have worked.

I'll wait & see if it turns up.

Special thanks to Blake7 for the the tip. Got to be a Brit with that name or did the Beeb export it ?