DPM Prawit bares all about the wristwatch controversy

webfact

1 hour ago, tomacht8 said:

The entire watch theater has been running for over four months and almost all Thai people laugh about it.

The damage in terms of credibility is huge. And now, after four months, he comes out with the alleged truth?

Why did he not clear that up on the first day? Any other government would immediately fire such a member for damaging the government's reputation. This case has all the elements like Inability, stupidity, lies, negligence, etc. Is he still suitable to hold such a high office?

He has never been suitable or qualified for his position.

5 hours ago, JOC said:

Tried to google the generous billionaire Patthavart Suksriwong.....

He doesn't exist....!!

You would think the a wealthy businessman would be somewhere on Google....But zero, zilch, nada...

So another lie?

If he indeed does exist ............where did he get his billions and watches from ?

• Confused 1

I cannot imagine how any government official would want this man to be on the payroll let alone be DPM. Every time he opens his mouth his foot goes straight into his boss's mouth. TH PM doesn't realise how daft they really look, Ha!

4 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

If he indeed does exist ............where did he get his billions and watches from ?

And why would he lend items of his exclusive watch collection to a mate on a modest salary who couldn't replace them if he broke them?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JOC said:

He doesn't exist....!!

You would think the a wealthy businessman would be somewhere on Google....But zero, zilch, nada...

So another lie?

His name is Pattawat Suksriwong. While I was working as the Director of Human Resources Institute of Thammasat University, he worked at Telephone Authority of Thailand. He approved to organize people development at Telephone Authority of Thailand. Later, he owned business and became rich. I believe that both of them are true friends.

https://www.gotoknow.org/posts/645206

Oh, this problematic phonetics from Thai words and names......

7 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

What crap!

The simple fact is that men don't borrow jewelry like that, so I call BS.

Seriously, any guy out there borrow a watch from a friend so that you could look pretty? ANYONE? If a friend of mine asked to borrow a watch so that he could be 'bejeweled', I'd smack him in the face and say "don't be a chick!!!" Men do NOT borrow jewelry.

This is NOT credible.

Period.

I think the word U use,  " Credible"  says it all.

I am waiting for the enquiries with the Thai agents for these watches ALL with unique numbers and ownership, it took a long time to track down and cover all the paperwork and suitably reward all who will be asked. 

That is why it took so long. 

7 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Really?...I got 53,499 more results than you did when I did it!  Strange.

Screenshot (4).png

Ok now try the mystery millionaires name who supposedly lent him the watches 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, JOC said:

He doesn't exist....!!

So another lie?

not in the forbes rich list   ---   no pictures    --  another howard hughes

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Just Weird said:

No, it's not closed, it's just the first time that he has commented in public, the investigation is still ongoing and the decision is the NACC's, even Prawit himself said that in the article.

That's because the NACC and the junta are one. They will not seriously go after one of their own. It's all just an embarrassing little piece of amateur dramatics. There is no real investigation, they're just waiting for the public to be distracted by something else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Thian said:

And what if a man asks your wife to use her lipstick on his own weddingparty because he wants to look good on the pictures? Go tell the answer to my neighbour who is not gay.

Fairly normal for Thailand. Nothing new here at all.

Surprised you even brought it up.

11 minutes ago, Dap said:

Fairly normal for Thailand. Nothing new here at all.

Surprised you even brought it up.

I think it's more normal to borrow a watch from a friend to wear.

And now we know who that friend was/is i hope we can get back to business..there's enough to be done in Thailand.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, webfact said:

Mr Patthavart Suksriwong, a wealthy businessman

First, if he was as the quote specified, what business was he involved with?  Like others, I cannot find any trace of him.  Maybe a look at official death records may reveal more or less. Second, where is the rest of this deceased person's 200-300 piece watch collection?  Surely, such a large number of expensive watches should be placed in a museum, or under lock and key for security.  Third, if the lender died last year, why is Prawit still being seen wearing them?  Just curious.

Edited by wotsdermatter
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

If my understanding of the regulations is correct:

If DPM Prawit had borrowed XX,000,000 Baht from a friend he would have to declare it when taking up his cabinet position.

If he had been given the use of a XX,000,000 Baht house, rent free, he would have to declare it.

If he had been given a free lease on a private jet, he would have to declare it ... etc.

By his own admission, he borrowed XX,000,000 Baht worth of watches. How is that different?

It will be very interesting to see his declared assets when leaving the cabinet - which he will have to do as soon as an election date is fixed (yes, I'm an optimist). That is the time when a real investigation into his financial affairs could begin (or not, of course).

Sadly this sorry excuse for a human being will probably never have to account for what he's done. After all, the junta have given themselves blanket amnesty. One of the pretexts they used for staging the coup.

• Like 1

A flame post has been removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

• Like 1