London murder rate overtakes New York's

webfact

4 minutes ago, transam said:

The country is not broke enough as it sends zillions of quid to the EU to bolster countries that are. Perhaps when that stops the UK will be able to reallocate dosh where it's needed.....

Never going to happen, even if we strike oil. Not when we keep voting for people who are ideologically opposed to the state assisting the people.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Put the paras on the streets..make prisons hellholes for jailbirds..1 meal daily..hard labour..no gyms.mobile phones.tv's.etc etc
Standard of living far far less that that of the typical UK Senior Citizen.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Doesn't matter what the prison conditions are when most crimes go unsolved in the first place.

• Like 1

Doesn't matter what the prison conditions are when most crimes go unsolved in the first place.

Unreported/not investigated and then unsolved.
We have ‘exported ‘ call centers from UK. I just wish we could do the same with prison services. A few months/years in a Thai jail might make them reconsider their life of crime AND save UK taxpayers a fortune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, transam said:

The country is not broke as it sends zillions of quid to the EU to bolster countries that are. Perhaps when that stops the UK will be able to reallocate dosh where it's needed.....

I love the smell of xenophobia in the morning.

16 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

Unreported/not investigated and then unsolved.
We have ‘exported ‘ call centers from UK. I just wish we could do the same with prison services. A few months/years in a Thai jail might make them reconsider their life of crime AND save UK taxpayers a fortune.

Wouldn't that put even more Brits on the dole and the Devil finding work for their idle hands...?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baboon said:

Given the topic...

Police say they are achieving success at solving murders, with a 99 percent clear-up record so far this year. (2015).

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/murder-rate-in-london-soars-by-20-per-cent-a3137706.html

Has the percentage now dropped below 50% in London?

28 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Given the topic...

Police say they are achieving success at solving murders, with a 99 percent clear-up record so far this year. (2015).

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/murder-rate-in-london-soars-by-20-per-cent-a3137706.html

Has the percentage now dropped below 50% in London?

Err, I did say specifically 'crimes' not 'murders'.

Edit for link - 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/9415793/Police-fail-to-solve-three-in-four-crimes.html

1 hour ago, malagateddy said:

Put the paras on the streets..make prisons hellholes for jailbirds..1 meal daily..hard labour..no gyms.mobile phones.tv's.etc etc
Standard of living far far less that that of the typical UK Senior Citizen.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Didn't help in Victorian times and it doesn't stop reoffending in Thailand either, when you commit a crime you start with the presumption that you wont get caught otherwise why do it.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Doesn't help the victim of course but on another level, if your house is broken into you rarely get a visit from the police,if you call them all you get is a crime number for the insurance but drive in a bus lane and you are in deep doo doo.

Cameras do that job...:stoner:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, altcar bob said:

Happening,called segregation,the only way forward,and is supported by vast white majority in UK.  Many whites forced out,blacks probably all by house prices.

2012 opening shot Olympics, mixed race family shown  as typical,it was nothing short of throwing up time,sickening to watch,vomit inducing,whoever,or whatever thinking, taking the UK in this direction is heading for violence.  Nobody ,but nobody wants to live alongside ,problems  manifest,worked alongside them,positive discrimination to put them in positions they are incapable of managing,even giving evidence in court means trials collapsing...Empire Windrush  needed in reverse

Oh Dear! :crazy::cheesy:

4 hours ago, Happy enough said:

you are going completely off topic over this just to try to annoy some members that may not be from London. I can tell you if i ever move back i'll sell my London property and move out somewhere nice away from all the sillyness that goes on in london now which i can't see improving anytime soon. but you like brixton then good for you, i'd hate to live there but each to their own eh. now back to the topic

Brixton's a bit South London for me but good to hear you still hold on to your London hell-hole. Sometimes it is better to watch what people do rather than what they say. On with the rants then......

• Like 1

Too bad England does not have some colony island where they could send all the criminals. Same as they did with Australia.

There would be no-one left! 555

I’d nominate ‘The Falklands’ if they like what England has to offer!

• Like 2

On 4/7/2018 at 1:32 AM, kevozman1 said:

Yes like most big cities London has problems. It's certainly not Tokyo levels of low crime rates, but still is safe and civilised for the most part. There is a lack of unity (much to the delight of elites) in the population, but that is to expected when incompatible cultures live together. You will hear a politician who lives in Kensington  talking about "lovely multicultural London" from time to time, like everyone lives harmoniously.

Reality: South Asians generally do not get on with blacks, Caribeans and Africans are far from friends generally, Eastern Europeans don't particularly like living around non-whites (but they usually plan to return home after saving some cash). Muslims, Jews... I could go on, but one thing is for sure, multiculturalism only works towards divide and conquer. Most of the population barely tolerate one another. It's only the 1984 styled CCTV system that stops a lot of potential mayhem.

Saying that I still feel safer there overall than in Thailand. Higher murder rates, slack law enforcement, lack of accountability at all levels and the daily road carnage speaks for itself. Oh and rabies is still a thing.

If you are going to reference Kensington you should be able to distinguish between South Kensington which is wealthy, the location of many embassies and museums and North Kensington which is extremely multicultural (also getting more expensive for accommodation). Probably not coming from London you don't have much of an idea other than lazy generalisations.