PM Prayut recognizes calls for general election

webfact

PM Prayut recognizes calls for general election

PNPOL601029001001101.jpg

FILE photo

BANGKOK, 3 April 2018 (NNT) - The Prime Minister is responding to calls from various groups for a general election. 

However, Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha said today that the criticisms many groups have made against the government could be from those with dubious intentions. 

Meanwhile, PM Prayut called on all who have made such pleas, to stop criticizing the government to such an extent that chaos could arise, because it will always be the government's responsibility to handle any developments. 

He said that the government is responsible for ensuring order in the country while helping Thailand move towards a return to democracy. 

The PM said that it is more important to promote the public's accurate understanding of the situation, while all parties should stop attacking each other as such disagreement doesn't do any good for Thailand.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-04-03
  • Like 1

Yes time to go, people are fed up listening to the empty nonsense promises you have made and failed to deliver on, you are now well past your ineffectual sell by date.

Achievements -

The purchase  of 3 Submarines for the navy which Thailand needed like a fart in a space suit and could not afford, total waste of money

Can't think of much else - the rest is all damage to the country

Move on

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, smedly said:

I have always said "I call it as I see it" and also said I would be the first to call them out if they did not deliver........................it is now that time - they have not delivered

I would also add that "no" past elected government has delivered either, and as far as corruption is concerned previous elected governments have been considerably worse especially any involving the Shins

You are as good as your word, no doubt about it. Let's leave it there.

Edit: Can I ask what the final straw was for you?

Edited by baboon

'... PM Prayut called on all ... to stop criticizing the government to such an extent that chaos could arise ...' 

The government needs no help in creating chaos. 

'He said ... ... it is more important to promote the public's accurate understanding of the situation ...'

An accurate understanding of the junta's reasons for delaying, delaying, delaying. The public understands that all too well.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

However, Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha said today that the criticisms many groups have made against the government could be from those with dubious intentions. 

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: dubious intention being get out you're corrupt.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Cadbury said:

If there is any group in Thailand with dubious intentions it surely must be the military government itself.

Glass houses.jpg

I think there is, or are, other groups that deserve that acumen more.

26 minutes ago, hansnl said:

I think there is, or are, other groups that deserve that acumen more.

More ? no.  Even if they were crooks, they were elected fairly.  You are correct if you are referring to the BiB or other civil services thou. 

I wonder what would happen if the people rose up and threw the Junta out, bit like a coup in reverse? Then a new "road map" the military to be de-commissioned, take away all their weapons and re name them "community workers", send them out to work on maintaining the infra structure, doing something useful for the people and thereby the country would never again be subjected to the current situation, though its been tried before its never been permanent and does not work.

The country gets what it deserves and although this government came in with high hopes, big on talk and idea the end product has not lived up to the billing, the people seem to think times up, time to let someone else have a go and a go without the meddling of people who think they know better when clearly they don't they just happen to be charge at the moment.

Thailand may never know true democracy but it deserves to find its own way forward by other means,  means accepted by the people not by people who think they know better and impose their will.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, smedly said:

Yes time to go, people are fed up listening to the empty nonsense promises you have made and failed to deliver on, you are now well past your ineffectual sell by date.

Achievements -

The purchase  of 3 Submarines for the navy which Thailand needed like a fart in a space suit and could not afford, total waste of money

Can't think of much else - the rest is all damage to the country

Move on

C'mon, be fair, there is the new mascot.

10 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that the government is responsible for ensuring order in the country while helping Thailand move towards a return to democracy. 

What he is saying is that if you don't see it 'his way' and if you try to get in the way of 'his' planning,........ That 'his Army' will pound you into dust............. 

It is now truly a 'police state' similar to Russia before they got rid of 'Communism'........

As you look around you..... You can see where 'their Communism' went......

After 30 years of loving Thailand....... All I have left is 'PITY' for the 'Poor Thais'.........

LOVE ME!!!!!! ............... OR................LOVE ME!!!!!!! ....... HE IS SAYING........

That's your choices............... Choose one............. LOL .........

• Like 1

12 hours ago, webfact said:

to stop criticizing the government to such an extent that chaos could arise

Missed this before. Chaos=pre-election; military crackdown. Post-election (if lose); coup d'etat. Seems like a win win situation for the junta. Add to that the complete rigging of the elections and I think it's luxury watches for all.

:WPFflags:

I just don't know how the Thais can take any more of this. Everything this idiot says is the total opposite of reality.

Disagreeing with him is 'confusion'? NO! It's damned human decency! But of course, only when everyone is in lock-step with himself and dare not utter a whimper of disagreement will this moron proclaim: 'Peace at last! No more confusion!'

Only a fascist supports bully-boy tactics, the smashing of freedom of speech, the severing of free political assembly, the removal (by tank 'diplomacy') of the right to have a vote over who runs one's nation.

No, there is no confusion, Prayut. Everyone is quite clear as to what and who you are - and it ain't Thailand's saviour ...!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, smedly said:

I have always said "I call it as I see it" and also said I would be the first to call them out if they did not deliver........................it is now that time - they have not delivered

I would also add that "no" past elected government has delivered either, and as far as corruption is concerned previous elected governments have been considerably worse especially any involving the Shins

Actually, it was clear  from the very beginning what their intentions were. The fact that they took power via a coup, instead of letting planned elections go through is ample indication already. And no, the "shin' governments were not more corrupt. The total absence of checks and balances now cannot really hide how corrupt the current regime is. 

As to now is the time, they are not going anywhere, the constitution and the  20 year roadmap ensures they can continue to fail to deliver for at least the next two decades. The idiots supporting Suthep have been warned, be careful what you wish for... 

Edited by sjaak327
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

Actually, it was clear  from the very beginning what their intentions were. The fact that they took power via a coup, instead of letting planned elections go through is ample indication already. And no, the "shin' governments were not more corrupt. The total absence of checks and balances now cannot really hide how corrupt the current regime is. 

As to now is the time, they are not going anywhere, the constitution and the  20 year roadmap ensures they can continue to fail to deliver for at least the next two decades. The idiots supporting Suthep have been warned, be careful what you wish for... 

intervention was required 

how that intervention should have taken place is a matter of opinion

something very important is that it was peaceful 

Take a long hard look around the world were similar civil unrest has occurred and it didn't end up so well and in many places is still going on, oh well that would never happen in Thailand..........trust me it would 

Meanwhile, PM Prayut called on all who have made such pleas, to stop criticizing the government to such an extent that chaos could arise, because it will always be the government's responsibility to handle any developments. 

In other words. Shut the Fragg up, or we'll help you. 

It will always be Prayut's decision what's good for Thailand, and what not. 

fb-buddhist-teaching-be-more-concerned-with-your-character-than-your-13780804.png

• Like 1

Clearly, this trumped up little man has never witnessed Prime Minister's question time in the UK House of Commons, or any heated debate in other democratically elected parliaments around the world! Having opposing views and airing them is all part of democracy. Sometimes we have to agree to disagree! It is called free speech!

Sent from my X98 Plus II (C2D6) using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

Clearly, this trumped up little man has never witnessed Prime Minister's question time in the UK House of Commons, or any heated debate in other democratically elected parliaments around the world! Having opposing views and airing them is all part of democracy. Sometimes we have to agree to disagree! It is called free speech!

Sent from my X98 Plus II (C2D6) using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

He doesn't get that. He doesn't even understand what the function of a free press is.

4 hours ago, smedly said:

intervention was required 

how that intervention should have taken place is a matter of opinion

something very important is that it was peaceful 

Take a long hard look around the world were similar civil unrest has occurred and it didn't end up so well and in many places is still going on, oh well that would never happen in Thailand..........trust me it would 

The military coup was not peaceful. As with all military "interventions" (please call it what it was not this euphemism), it was based on the principle of violence, that might is right, and the threat that any resistance would be quelled by violence.

If a thug comes up to me in the street waving a knife in my face and demanding my wallet, does the fact that I hand it over make this a peaceful encounter.

In any case, the "attitude adjustments" and arbitrary detentions carried out by the army were lawless and violent acts.. That greater violence did not occur was only a matter of luck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1