Get your helmet on if you want to do business at the DLT!

webfact

Get your helmet on if you want to do business at the DLT!

5pm.jpg

Picture: Siamchon News

The Department of Land Transport has started a campaign to ensure that all members of the public arriving at their offices on motorcycles wear helmets.

The "DLT Helmet area 100%" campaign kicked off on April 1st.

People arriving to renew licenses, get their tax and do other business will be turned away if they are not wearing helmets.

Siam Chon News said that the Bang Lamung office were doing their bit because everyone understands that not wearing helmets is the cause of much death and injury on the roads.

The campaign is being rolled out at all DLT offices nationwide and yes, Thaivisa is aware it started on April 1st, but believes this one to be genuine.

Source: Siamchon News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-04-03
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Some intelligence at last. I had previously shaken my head at the DLT seeing large numbers of helmet-less riders rolling up. Now all they need to do is to get the cops to enforce the same thing on the roads and the death count might finally start to come down a bit.

That farang didn't even close the strap of the helmet. And he also wears very thin  flipflops

41 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

What do I win if I post here pictures within the next 7 days that show there is no checking any more?

Probably a defamation lawsuit from the DLT !

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

What do I win if I post here pictures within the next 7 days that show there is no checking any more?

Was there (Pattaya DLT next to Regents School) this morning and there were no police or other uniformed staff at the entrances - or anywhere to be seen actually.

When I went to the DLT outside of Pattaya to take my test for my motorcycle license I saw a Thai in a uniform arrive on his motorcycle wearing a cowboy hat, not a helmet.

I'll give you one guess at who I saw wearing a helmet later on when demonstrating how to take the driving test.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How sad that they even have to do this.

If the Police cannot be bothered to enforce it on the roads, why bother on the 100m of road leading to the DoT?

Helmet laws are a farce in Thailand.

Nothing will change until the Police take this seriously.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Some intelligence at last. I had previously shaken my head at the DLT seeing large numbers of helmet-less riders rolling up. Now all they need to do is to get the cops to enforce the same thing on the roads and the death count might finally start to come down a bit.

They would not get past 1 road in Australia 

2 hours ago, topt said:

Was there (Pattaya DLT next to Regents School) this morning and there were no police or other uniformed staff at the entrances - or anywhere to be seen actually.

There good there. Never had a inspection issue always bring the Mrs..All sweet

6 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

His chin strap is done up, that's just the excess hanging down..

Wearing flip flops is not actually illegal, yet !!

You are permitted to use your phone in Thailand. All good lol

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Morch said:

Woman on the right (in the pic) doesn't wear a helmet...

And you can still ride in wearing a helmet but lacking a driver permit...

That's why the hand that can be seen at the right of the photo is probably stopping her and why she has her feet on the ground, i.e. she's not riding, she's stopped.

A driving licence isn't needed to ride somewhere that is not a public road.

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

That's why the hand that can be seen at the right of the photo is probably stopping her and why she has her feet on the ground, i.e. she's not riding, she's stopped.

A driving licence isn't needed to ride somewhere that is not a public road.

Doesn't look like she's being stopped, more like waved through. And people do come to take their driver's permit tests while riding/driving vehicles. The road in front of the DLT would be a public road.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, topt said:

Indeed I went there this afternoon at 2pm, as I live only 1 km away from there, and indeed nobody to check so well it lasted as long as the photo shoot.

• Like 1