Pattaya hospital under fire as accident victim turned away because they have no thread for stitches

webfact

4 hours ago, stevkob said:

A tube of super glue or a stapler would have done the job

Those doctors need to watch more television

..half moon needles come with suture thread already attached...poor patient...now Im in stitches.

Edited by tandor

When the neighbours dog bit my sone we took him there, course of 4 vaccinations required as a precautionary measure against Rabies. We went back for the second one a few days later, no vaccine, we were recommended to go too Nakula. The second one had be done a certain time after the first one, unfortunately we had to go to Bangkok to sort his Mothers UK Visa out, missed that. As a result he had too start the course again.

On the other hand he was admitted to the City Hospital last week, Chest  Infection, couldn’t fault the service from the day he was admitted to the day he was discharged after spending 2 nights there.

7 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

I did not intent it to be understood as corruption . More like lack funds to order supplies. Or are to lazy and could care less to order supplies.

could care less implies that they do care quite a lot. However, couldn't care less implies that they couldn't give a sh1t.

7 hours ago, stevkob said:

A tube of super glue or a stapler would have done the job

Those doctors need to watch more television

Have you seen what happens in the Thai drama's... I think no TV would be better!!

20 minutes ago, hugh2121 said:

could care less implies that they do care quite a lot. However, couldn't care less implies that they couldn't give a sh1t.

Well there you go I stand corrected.  Sure is good we have people here that are deligent in making corrections such as that. What would forums be with out you.

Edited by lovelomsak

52 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

What are you talking about does  not make sense to me?

Sorry, do I write in Chinese language???? My mistake.

Now I try my limited Irish English: Why you are not  doing catheterizing by yourself with your own hands with a catheter you bought in a pharmacy ???

Or let your wife do it if you're suffering from Parkinson???

9 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

I got another one for you. 

I have to catheter 4 times a day because I cannot pass urine. For the last 3 years I have gone to a hospital in Khon Kaen to get my medical supplies,cotton balls.alcoho;,povodine,gel, normal seline.

My wife suggested we get everything at the local hospital. So off we went to the local hospital. The doctor said ok we can do it  for you  what do you need . We told him he ordered it. 

When we went to the pharmacy area we were told they do not have alcohol,or gel and only one bottle of povidine.  This is a hospital with out supplies so I think it is more commen than we think.

Now I understand why the musician Bodyslam ran across Thailand for the hospitals.

40 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

Sorry, do I write in Chinese language???? My mistake.

Now I try my limited Irish English: Why you are not  doing catheterizing by yourself with your own hands with a catheter you bought in a pharmacy ???

Or let your wife do it if you're suffering from Parkinson???

I think you (sawadee1947) might have misunderstood (lovelomsak)?  He does appear to be doing it himself at home -- he simply  went to the local hospital to get the supplies.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wpcoe said:

I think you (sawadee1947) might have misunderstood (lovelomsak)?  He does appear to be doing it himself at home -- he simply  went to the local hospital to get the supplies.

Oh thank you. Probably I suffer still from Paddy's Day.

54 minutes ago, wpcoe said:

Ok I got it what he was talking about. Yes I went to the hospital for the things I require to catheter. I have self cathetered for years.

I did not go to the hospital be be catherized.

5 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

have to catheter 4 times a day.....

why you can't do it by yourself or your wife cannot do??? Very strange....!:sleep:

It is normal procedure that when you sell medical stock you put the money in the till and you use that cash flow to buy more stock.  That called the float.  It seems to me that the float has flown out the widow, goodness me where did it go...looks like magic to me but ...TIT. ... We do have a few horses on Cha-am beach, perhaps the hospital could do a deal with the pony man's pony tails.

s.

Edited by David Walden

13 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

I got another one for you. 

I have to catheter 4 times a day because I cannot pass urine. For the last 3 years I have gone to a hospital in Khon Kaen to get my medical supplies,cotton balls.alcoho;,povodine,gel, normal seline.

My wife suggested we get everything at the local hospital. So off we went to the local hospital. The doctor said ok we can do it  for you  what do you need . We told him he ordered it. 

When we went to the pharmacy area we were told they do not have alcohol,or gel and only one bottle of povidine.  This is a hospital with out supplies so I think it is more commen than we think.

Now I understand why the musician Bodyslam ran across Thailand for the hospitals.

Yeah.  Scary and sadly, it is a bit like taking some taxis from BKK.  After you get in and pay, then they go and get fuel.   They do not up front pay for supplies. 

19 hours ago, webfact said:

They had to go a long way away with the victim to another hospital to get treatment, reported 77Jowo.

Presumably they would need to go all the way to The Memorial which must be about 1/2 km away!

Does the Pattaya City Hospital cater for A&E? I think it more likely the hospital didn't want to accept the patient and any old excuse put forward.

Am betting this patient looked like he couldn't pay. Someone who had a motorcycle accident, had no insurance and no licence.... likely an Australian tourist who will be starting a GoFundMe page.

19 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

I was told once that super glue was originally made for combat zone medics to use to seal wounds in a quick painless way. 

I had a hip replacement 3 years ago, I asked when I should return to have the stitches out, surgeon said never, we glued it. never had any problems. Went to Pattaya International, great service and staff

On 4/3/2018 at 3:37 PM, scorecard said:

You expect that there is a management process looking after these items, ensuring they are ordered in a timely manner and managed totally so they never run out, or they even borrow from another hospital just to be sure they have enough supplies if there is a crisis.

Your in the wrong country.

My university had no toilet paper (some 20 overall toilet rooms (counting male and female) and each toilet room has with 5 or 8 cubicles).

Why, the lady who orders the toilet paper was way too busy operating her on-line shopping business, when she should have been doing the uni. job she's assigned to.

Several documents have to be approved before an order can be placed and it takes months to get the approvals, hence no toilet paper for 6 months.

Pointless to say anything to the lady concerned, she doesn't care. When other uni staff are in a uni discussion with her she takes calls from her on-line shopping customers, sometimes 20 minutes, and tries to handle both conversations / discussions at the same time.  

I didn't think Thais use toilet paper hence he short supply???

4 hours ago, David Walden said:

I didn't think Thais use toilet paper hence he short supply???

Joking, right?

How many Central's have you been in that have bum guns in their toilets, and most of their customers are local. Every toilet in bus stations has toilet paper available to buy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2018 at 12:28 AM, gk10002000 said:

Yeah.  Scary and sadly, it is a bit like taking some taxis from BKK.  After you get in and pay, then they go and get fuel.   They do not up front pay for supplies. 

One of the solutions if you are 4 times a day catheter user is have your prostate adjusted ( re-bore) by a surgeon and join the happy club of "backfiring ejaculaters"...No solution??? More fun.  ( I've tried to make this funny but it is a real medical procedure,)

On 3/4/2018 at 1:02 PM, petermik said:

I heard a different take on this.........not sure I,m allowed to post so I,ll try and be subtle (never known before) OK sometimes folk are turned away as they don,t appear to have funds for payment.......:sad:

You may be right.  I was turned away from BP hospital. They wanted 40,000 baht for stitches in big toe. Banglamung fixed me up for 900 baht. Hospitals really should not be allowed to be private. Profits get in the way of helping the needy.

• Thanks 1

On 4/16/2018 at 2:54 PM, David Walden said:

One of the solutions if you are 4 times a day catheter user is have your prostate adjusted ( re-bore) by a surgeon and join the happy club of "backfiring ejaculaters"...No solution??? More fun.  ( I've tried to make this funny but it is a real medical procedure,)

If you are suffering from enlarged prostate and not prostate cancer just mention the word TURP to your Doctor if he/she has not already mentioned it.     http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5547459/ASK-GP-prostate-operation-me.html

Edited by David Walden