Shinawatra siblings ‘should be ashamed’, says Prayut

snoop1130

7 minutes ago, ginjag said:

And the BBC---CNN.......Global freedom   ha ha ha   example,   who compiles the index   G Soros  ??   ha ha   Global elite lefties ??  

This is the kind of argument people pull out when.. they run out of arguments.

The military outright own TV5, licences CH7, two others owned by the goverment they control.

Like Prayut himself said in his last televised speech:

"It is not true we have limited freedoms too much.....*2 minutes later*........ and those who slander the government including on social media will be prosecuted immediatly" :cheesy:

Edited by firestar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ginjag said:

And the BBC---CNN.......Global freedom   ha ha ha   example,   who compiles the index   G Soros  ??   ha ha   Global elite lefties ??  Quote " the media was still able to  ' ???   Well  speaks volumes,   same the army now, little opposition.

I thought you will say that Global Freedom owned by Thaksin. :sleepy:

Just now, firestar said:

This is the kind of argument people pull out when.. they run out of arguments.

The military outright own TV5, licences CH7, two others owned by the goverment they control.

Like Prayut himself said in his last televised speech:

"It is not true we have limited freedoms too much.....*2 minutes later*........ and those who slander the government including on social media will be prosecuted immediatly"

Your only argument is your agenda, blinkers on about Thaksin but attack the army for their part of not being lawful

11 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Let's end this argument by referring to the Global Freedom Index. Like I said before, Thaksin did intimidate the media but the media was still able to exercise a degree of autonomy. The Global Freedom Index ranked Thailand at 82 in 2003. The rank in 2017 is 142. End of discussion. 

I'm surprised the ranking was that high. Third world always begets third world.

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

I thought you will say that Global Freedom owned by Thaksin. :sleepy:

Oh dear  same tripe.  get real.

Wish any elections could give Thailand democracy,  but never in this world -- 

1 minute ago, ginjag said:

Your only argument is your agenda, blinkers on about Thaksin but attack the army for their part of not being lawful

Blinkers on about politics because your hatred of Thaksin makes you accept and even support anything even if it is 10 times worse, as long as it isn't Thaksin...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

I was never a fan of the Shins but what we have now is much, much worse, and I sincerely hope they continue popping up smiling in photos from various spots abroad, just because I have no doubt it infuriates the man-child to no end. The quote from the man-child in the report says it all. He initially states, “I don’t have any feeling about them."... and in the same breath he says: "They should have been ashamed. They broke the law and they still dare to go out", which completely  contradicts the first statement.

What's striking is how rarely Thaksin has been showing his face, leave alone, commenting on Thai politics from abroad.  I'm pretty sure this is because of their family members in Thailand being threatened by the junta.  I remembered reading about that outspoken Thai journalist who has political asylum in Japan and is a professor there (name escapes me).  They had junta thugs making housecalls on his sister, so if they do it with small fry like that, you can imagine what they'd be willing to do to Thaksin's family if he really spoke up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ginjag said:

Oh dear  same tripe.  get real.

Wish any elections could give Thailand democracy,  but never in this world -- 

Rest easy Ginjag. There wouldn't be any election soon and if it happened, it will be short live as another coup will be planned to oust the PTP government. You subscribed to a power that will never give Thailand any chance to have democracy. Their greed holds no bound and will continue to rob and rape the country. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, xylophone said:

They overthrew a democratically elected government

Does anyone remember the editor of the Bangkok Post who lost his job because of the articles printed about the foul up at the then new airport? Then there was the interview with CNN where Thaksin categorically denied there were any problems and arrogantly took personal responsibility and..................then there was...........democratically what?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Becker said:

How can you bow even lower than you already are?

Sad to say that the picture you attached to your comment, did not in any way show a bow. It showed somtihing similar to a creature sticking their head in the sand. Same feeling I get when I read your comments. How ever thank you for helping me get a fitting picture. :smile:

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

Rest easy Ginjag. There wouldn't be any election soon and if it happened, it will be short live as another coup will be planned to oust the PTP government. You subscribed to a power that will never give Thailand any chance to have democracy. Their greed holds no bound and will continue to rob and rape the country. 

WT hell are you talking about SUBSCRIBE  ha ha,.....you're not gone yet you promissed to not post 1 hour ago---but hate anyone spoiling your agenda  along with your Thaksin lover friends.  This topic was always going to be one sided as other experienced posters refrain from posting , sick of the agenda Fallang haters of other than Shins-----wish there was another body in control,  where would you be then   ???   still want Yingluk back and her brother  ha ha

6 minutes ago, backtofront said:

Does anyone remember the editor of the Bangkok Post who lost his job because of the articles printed about the foul up at the then new airport? Then there was the interview with CNN where Thaksin categorically denied there were any problems and arrogantly took personal responsibility and..................then there was...........democratically what?

Do you remember how after the first protest started it was about the airport being full of corruption but the only corruption the commision finnaly found was that the military might had been "a bit greedy" on it's land valuation and King Power (a yellow shirt) supporter had fiddled with the size of it's stores... then unsurprisingly it all went quiet.

The yellow shirts also argued it was a megalomaniac project that would bankrupt the government... turns out it is already too small already.

Edited by firestar

17 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

Colluding with the most corrupt, venal elements in Thailand to appoint himself God and then throw anyone jail that complains about it and protecting and perpetuating mass corruption. 

Yep that is exactly what the Shinwatra's did.

• Like 1

Just now, firestar said:

And do you remember how after the first protest started it was about the airport being full of corruption but the only corruption the commision finnaly found was that the military might had been "a bit greedy" on it's land valuation and King Power (a yellow shirt) supporter had fiddled with the size of it's stores... then unsurprisingly it all went quiet.

The yellow shirts also argued it was a megalomaniac project that would bankrupt the government... turns out it is already too small already.

Not to mention red shirts firing Bangkok with weapons --all brought down from Issan with no intervention from  the Thai Police

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thaiger1 said:

Not when it is granted by the highest position in the land. Now that position has been filled by another it may be a different story.

Illegal is illegal.

7 minutes ago, backtofront said:

The runway? The delays and the activist reporter being sued and bullied by AIS, I think? Ja Boet! It is a wicked world.

Being bullied by AIS vs.... being dragged out of your house for an FB like and sent to a re-educated camp. I know which one I would choose...

It is the reality of the situation.

Edited by firestar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The present government are certainly no choir boys when it comes to laws and corruption but so many posters criticising the present government in favour of the Shiniwatra's. Thaksin indulged in one of the biggest frauds by changing the law to suit his corporation and the less said about his sister the better.

It seems posters want to substitute the corrupt for the crook and his dimwit sister.

My feeling is it is time in Thailand for a complete change. Will it happen? No, but one can hope.

In the meantime we expats just have to accept the craziness that surrounds us and enjoy our life here.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ginjag said:

Not to mention red shirts firing Bangkok with weapons --all brought down from Issan with no intervention from  the Thai Police

Would they be the same police who harassed and intimidated the 'We Walk' acivists in defiance of a court order to allow them to proceed?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, chrisinth said:

^^^^^^^^

This. Sums it up very nicely. Supporters of the junta should stop for a moment and let that sink in.

And for clarity, like xylophone, I have no leanings toward the Shinawatras. Just not blinded by the hypocrisy of it all. 

Agreed. Posters criticising the present government when Thaksin perpetrated the biggest fraud to favour his own company and the less said about his dimwit sister the better.

• Like 1

Just now, baboon said:

Would they be the same police who harassed and intimidated the 'We Walk' acivists in defiance of a court order to allow them to proceed?

Just now, baboon said:

No more point in discussion.......heard your agenda enough---roll on a fair Thai government, without your Shins and army control

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Thaiger1 said:

Yep that is exactly what the Shinwatra's did.

The Shin throw people in jail ! Not heard this one. Think you mistaken for snatching people off the streets and extra-judiciary attitude adjustment for those who spoke unkindly about the junta. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Thaiger1 said:

Not in Thailand. This is not the west and they play by their rules, not ours.

Try smashing a BMW's windscreen and see how far you get with your arguments while they are cuffing you.

Just now, Eric Loh said:

The Shin throw people in jail ! Not heard this one. Think you mistaken for snatching people off the streets and extra-judiciary attitude adjustment for those who spoke unkindly about the junta. 

No, they just kill people. Ask those in the south about the Shins.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ginjag said:

No more point in discussion.......heard your agenda enough---roll on a fair Thai government, without your Shins and army control

There is always a point to discussion. Well at least there is until the 'If you aren't yellow you must be red' non-arguments start flying.

1 minute ago, Thaiger1 said:

No, they just kill people. Ask those in the south about the Shins.

They did that ! and all those investigation came out nothing including one by the 2006 coup government and one by Ahbisit. I think they came out with nothing because the military was involved. No?