Trump: Send military to U.S.-Mexico border until wall built

webfact

5 hours ago, ALLSEEINGEYE said:

considering a vast majority of illegals enter the country legally by planes, buses etc. this is a complete waste of time and money. Just a way for Trump to pander to his base, nothing more.

You should let go of this maybe half true talking point, brought to life from the 90's by butt hurt Jorge from Univision.  The left latched onto this thing and have been using it to.... pander to their base about immigration and the wall.  

Nothing I've reviewed suggests inspected over stayers comprise a "vast" majority of the total illegal population.  Not even a majority.  

It does remind us, however, that illegal immigration is a multi-faceted issue, and each piece requires consideration.

At any rate, it's ok to say Trump is talking out of his bung hole and/or pandering to his base.  He does it all the time, so no additional facts or supporting evidence is required.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

What happens if Mexico lets it be known that it won't try to stop anyone from crossing its territory to get to the US?

1200 people heading north expect to get stopped by those currently assisting them?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 55Jay said:

Nothing I've reviewed suggests inspected over stayers comprise a "vast" majority of the total illegal population.  Not even a majority.  

OK, how about a large minority "45 percent of the 11 million unauthorized immigrants now living here"

http://immigrationimpact.com/2017/05/30/how-many-people-overstay-visas/

• Haha 2

On 04/04/2018 at 7:46 AM, sirineou said:

How about snipers killing suspected illegals? I think they would be cheaper than drones.

But if it has to be drones. maybe they can be like the ones in the terminator movies.

Snipers would need to be transported in shifts , fed, sleep etc and they get well paid + benefits even into retirement 

A drone can cover much greater area and likely close to 100% effective

If I had to sneak across, I'd be more scared of the drone tbh

I might get lucky and the sniper is texting his gf, taking a crap or fallen asleep etc

Modern drones are truly terrifying and getting more so every year

On 4/4/2018 at 2:43 AM, Ks45672 said:

A drone could kill anything that tries to cross the border from above the clouds

It would cost almost nothing compared to building a wall

What is your (plural) preoccupation with killing? also NRA fans?

• Like 1