National Police Chief says police respond to 191 emergency calls quickly

webfact

National Police Chief says police respond to 191 emergency calls quickly

PNSOC610404001005601.jpg

BANGKOK, 4th April 2018 (NNT)-National Police Chief Pol Gen Chakthip Chaijinda has visited an emergency command center to ensure it is operated in a timely manner in order to respond to emergencies promptly. 

According to the National Police Chief, the emergency command center is responsible for taking action against all types of crimes to maintain public safety. 

30 police officers have been tasked with answering emergency phone calls when people dial 191. Interpretation and legal services are also available to assist foreign nationals and those looking for legal advice. 

Gen Chakthip insisted today that police respond to 191 emergency calls immediately so that coordination between police stations can be done promptly to help those in need. 

More than 10 million 191 emergency calls were made last year nationwide. Around 4 million calls alone were made to the Metropolitan Police Bureau.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-04-04

A photo opportunity, nothing more.

I've said here before that on two separate occasions my family called 191 during the night to report farm intruders, and twice the number went unanswered.

The family said one one other occasion when the call was answered at night, the police did everything they could to avoid coming out.

Family said that as the police are so hated, there have been instances when they have been attacked at night by angry locals. Hence their reluctance to go anywhere slightly remote.

Edited by bluesofa
misprit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

in los angeles the police are at my door within 2-3 minutes.

the helicopter gets there in 90 seconds.

Do you think they could extend to cover Thailand? They would still have a better response time than the Thai police - see my post above.

Having worked at E9-1-1back home I pose these thoughts.

1.Do they have a tamperproof Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) System?

2. Do they have trained call takers who use a formal algorithm for calls for service?

3. Do they stay on the line with callers for serious, in-progess crimes while the police are dispatched and actually arrive before the call taker hangs up?

4. Are all phone calls and radio traffic recorded digitally and tamperproof; and calls timed to be answered within a set number of rings?

5. Is there data that can be retieved to tell the time between receiving a call for service, time dispatched and time the oficer arrived and cleared the call?

6. Are tamperproof statiscs collected for public review on request or on an annual basis on-line?

Announcements concerning the ability to respond in a timely manner are questionable unless supported by transparent, tamperproof and real-time systems.

Edited by Benmart
Spelling error