Hundreds confirm Pheu Thai Party membership

webfact

9 minutes ago, starky said:

I think, correct me if I'm wrong that 500, was the biggest turn out so far by any party. You do realise it's only the party members and not the constituents who are supposed to turn up? What I consider a win is the party that wins the election all the rest is just pissing in the wind.

I just feel 500 is nothing given the size of the party, nothing to be impressed about. Its would be relatively easy to get 500 people together for this they have enough "important people" to do this. Had lets say 10.000 turned up i would have been impressed. Now its nothing IMHO. 

That they had the most of all parties is normal they are the biggest party with the most people in their ranks. I would be impressed if the new parties had done such a thing. To have 500 people turn up for an organisation like the PTP is "normal" they have more people than that in their service working for the party. 

Im amazed that people are impressed by this.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

You don't seem to understand that this registration and Songkran blessing was for former MPs, cabinet ministers and election candidates. To get 500 of them travelling from all parts of the country to affirm their loyalty is impressive. Even in terms of percentage of their 120,000 members is impressive. Which party have you in mind that has more impressive turnout.

As for your quip about winning, I have unequivocally said that under the junta designed MMA system PTP can never win a majority. But they will win against the other major party and with the right coalition party/parties will form the next government. No more Prayut is sweet music to me. 

No I did not know it was only for former MP's and so on. I thought it was an open registration, that is why i found it not impressive. Still I don't think its impressive given the size of the party and its former and current MP's and former MP's. 

Like I said.. you and I have different idea's bout what is impressive. They are the biggest party have had the most former and current MP's it would be a shame if they did not have the most registering with them don't you think given that they have the largest pool of people to start with ?

So why would an other party have to have more when they don't have such a large pool to get applicants from ?

No more Prayut is sweet music to me too. But I would like it even more if it was no more PTP too. But its unlikely for the new parties to win enough to replace them. Maybe in future.. but not right now. Anyway will be fun to see them be fail and be as corrupt as all others and have you defend them. 

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Don't give a shit if PTP lose. People decide is what I care for. Not corrupt snatching of power because they have the guns and most certainly no non elected prime ministers and senators.You need some serious paradigm change in your thinking. 

I prefer the new parties over the PTP and democrats. Come on Eric I see you defend the PTP always so its not unlikely to see you defend them again in future. 

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

And you actually believe that!

Sad.

Yes, it is a refreshing change from the arrogance, stupidity and the unaccountability that Thailand endures now from Prayuth and Prawit.   Even the young man who is starting his own party from that wealthy family has a relationship with the PTP.    What choices are there unless you are one of those farang who worship absolute power ?  Now that would be far more sad. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I prefer the new parties over the PTP and democrats. Come on Eric I see you defend the PTP always so its not unlikely to see you defend them again in future. 

You still don’t get it. Most here know about Thaksin and his corruption and not any that I seen have tried to defend that fact. However I defend when facts are twisted by some who are blinded by their hatred of Thaksin and post things that suit their narrative. Some are worst as they are hard core junta supporters and have no regards to people freedom and universal suffrage. The system here is crooked and continuous military intervention has a singular agenda to rid those who rock the status quo. That’s what I am defending; not PTP who happened to be that party that rocked the status quo. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

You still don’t get it. Most here know about Thaksin and his corruption and not any that I seen have tried to defend that fact. However I defend when facts are twisted by some who are blinded by their hatred of Thaksin and post things that suit their narrative. Some are worst as they are hard core junta supporters and have no regards to people freedom and universal suffrage. The system here is crooked and continuous military intervention has a singular agenda to rid those who rock the status quo. That’s what I am defending; not PTP who happened to be that party that rocked the status quo. 

IMHO you defend any negative remark about Thaksin and the PTP i seen you do it, you have a hard time saying anything negative about the PTP and or Thaksin. We will see what happens and will see in future how far you go defending them.

Just like here you think its a big accomplishment to get 500 people to register while in previous years they had at least 265 seats (people representing them)  in , and that is just in one year. You act like 500 is some sort of big accomplishment. I see it as a normal thing to have 500 (and i still feel its not much given the size they have). 

You also act like its so good they had the biggest turnup while its only logical that those who have the biggest pool (they always had the most seats so also the most former position holders), so its not a feat at all that they have the most registered. It would have been a feat if a smaller party like the democrats surpassed them. 

Edited by robblok

1 minute ago, robblok said:

IMHO you defend any negative remark about Thaksin and the PTP i seen you do it, you have a hard time saying anything negative about the PTP and or Thaksin. We will see what happens and will see in future how far you go defending them.

Just like here you think its a big accomplishment to get 500 people to register while in previous years they had at least 265 seats (people representing them)  in , and that is just in one year. You act like 500 is some sort of big accomplishment. I see it as a normal thing to have 500 (and i still feel its not much given the size they have). 

You also act like its so good they had the biggest turnup while its only logical that those who have the biggest pool (they always had the most seats so also the most former position holders), so its not a feat at all that they have the most registered. It would have been a feat if a smaller party like the democrats surpassed them. 

You post as though I need to answer you. That’s junta thinking. You are so soaked in junta kool aid that you beginning to behave like one.

8 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

You post as though I need to answer you. That’s junta thinking. You are so soaked in junta kool aid that you beginning to behave like one.

I don't force you to reply, I am just having a debate with you. If you don't reply the debate is short and that is it.

Have fun Eric, nice ad hominem in general people who use them have already lost the debate. 

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

I don't force you to reply, I am just having a debate with you. If you don't reply the debate is short and that is it.

Have fun Eric, nice ad hominem in general people who use them have already lost the debate. 

Ain’t you so desperate on winning. Remind me of someone. Anyway there really no debate; just opinion, mostly yours.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Ain’t you so desperate on winning. Remind me of someone. Anyway there really no debate; just opinion, mostly yours.

Its not opinion when its based in facts.. and that is what i do Eric. 

Just look at it this way Chat Pattana had more then double of its last seats registering as members, the PTP has not done that 265 x 2 is 530. So where is the big accomplishment ?

They did not even do better then Chat Pattna % wise. Meanwhile you praise them for a great result. Me thinks your a bit bias. 

Numbers and percentages don't lie Eric. Those are not opinions but facts. 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, starky said:

I think, correct me if I'm wrong that 500, was the biggest turn out so far by any party. You do realise it's only the party members and not the constituents who are supposed to turn up? What I consider a win is the party that wins the election all the rest is just pissing in the wind.

Unfortunately winning the election means winning the most number of seats but not necessarily a majority. To really win means that you need an overall majority of the 500 seats and not just 251. You need to command around 300 seats and at this time I don't believe that any party is big enough or good enough to be able to do that.

PTP may win the most seats but unless they command a large majority to allow for sickness, death etc they will need to be in a coalition government with all that entails. They will not go in with the Democrats as they are opposed to each other, they probably won't trust the BJT,  the ChartThaiPattana party under Banharn's son would probably fit unless they get a better offer.

The new young parties probably won't want anything to do with them and it may well end up with a non elected PM running the country. (I wonder who would want the job).

Once again this is only my personal opinion but whichever party and PM takes on the role of the next government will not have an easy ride.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

I am in a quandry Eric.

Over the last few months I find that I am in agreement more and more with you and Yellowboat.

For the first year or so I was a supporter of the coup and Prayuth but I have got so disillusioned with them that I am even agreeing with my Thai neighbour who hates them.

What am I to do?

I feel a little like Saul on the road to Tarsus.

What you do is make up your own mind given the information available. Then search your conscience and see what you come up with.

You do not need me to remind you that sometimes one is torn between 'Bad' and 'Worse' in life...

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

I am in a quandry Eric.

Over the last few months I find that I am in agreement more and more with you and Yellowboat.

For the first year or so I was a supporter of the coup and Prayuth but I have got so disillusioned with them that I am even agreeing with my Thai neighbour who hates them.

What am I to do?

I feel a little like Saul on the road to Tarsus.

Did you try " dear Hilary" yet ?

10 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

You don't seem to understand that this registration and Songkran blessing was for former MPs, cabinet ministers and election candidates. To get 500 of them travelling from all parts of the country to affirm their loyalty is impressive. Even in terms of percentage of their 120,000 members is impressive. Which party have you in mind that has more impressive turnout.

As for your quip about winning, I have unequivocally said that under the junta designed MMA system PTP can never win a majority. But they will win against the other major party and with the right coalition party/parties will form the next government. No more Prayut is sweet music to me. 

Do you know if they are still being paid by PTP after their parliamentary salary was stopped? If not, a simple announcement the next payout would be in cash at headquarters would ensure every one of the corrupt mongrels would turn up with hand out. Very impressive.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Did you try " dear Hilary" yet ?

Back in the old days in the UK there used to be Claire Rayner, Marjorie Proops and a few more including Vanessa Feltz.

Sadly most of them have "popped their clogs" which is a phrase form the old days meaning In the UK, to die, usually a natural death, #to snuff it #to push up the daisies #to peg out #to meet one's maker #to join the choir invisible.

I tried them but got no response. Perhaps they have a bad internet connection. :whistling:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

The Thai population can't handle the truth a democracy.

Sadly there has never been a real democracy in Thailand for the population to hande and compare with what they have at present.

7 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Back in the old days in the UK there used to be Claire Rayner, Marjorie Proops and a few more including Vanessa Feltz.

Sadly most of them have "popped their clogs" which is a phrase form the old days meaning In the UK, to die, usually a natural death, #to snuff it #to push up the daisies #to peg out #to meet one's maker #to join the choir invisible.

I tried them but got no response. Perhaps they have a bad internet connection. :whistling:

Try a seance...

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, halloween said:

Do you know if they are still being paid by PTP after their parliamentary salary was stopped? If not, a simple announcement the next payout would be in cash at headquarters would ensure every one of the corrupt mongrels would turn up with hand out. Very impressive.

To el:  How can you call a gang of yes men leeches 'impressive'?

14 hours ago, billd766 said:

Unfortunately winning the election means winning the most number of seats but not necessarily a majority. To really win means that you need an overall majority of the 500 seats and not just 251. You need to command around 300 seats and at this time I don't believe that any party is big enough or good enough to be able to do that.

PTP may win the most seats but unless they command a large majority to allow for sickness, death etc they will need to be in a coalition government with all that entails. They will not go in with the Democrats as they are opposed to each other, they probably won't trust the BJT,  the ChartThaiPattana party under Banharn's son would probably fit unless they get a better offer.

The new young parties probably won't want anything to do with them and it may well end up with a non elected PM running the country. (I wonder who would want the job).

Once again this is only my personal opinion but whichever party and PM takes on the role of the next government will not have an easy ride.

This is exactly the scenario NCPO has been plotting for years.

I am sure they are working aggressively behind the scenes to promise the world to Bhumjumthai, CTP, etc and perhaps even a few threats to not align with the PTP so they are not able to get a majority, bringing in the Senate vote who will have been appointed by the NCPO and no doubt all receive nice gifts, perks and a lot more to vote Prayuth back in to be PM. (Perhaps to get larger parties like Bhumjumthai to back this, they might need to appoint Anutin as non elected PM). So after 4 years of no reform we end up with a non elected PM from the party widely regarded as the most corrupt!

Its fairly ironic that they rally against corruption by the PTP, and in order for them to get their wish in an election they will essentially have to bribe all those other parties to go with them.

• Like 1