2nd visa /visiting spouse without going to home country

10 hours ago, EnlightenedAtheist said:

Maybe each part of the whole order should be pinned on TV, creating several pins that could then be discussed and given details to the unwritten rules (that could be pinned once they are ascertained).

Pinned topics are often a waste of space since nobody reads them.

For example this pinned topic has links for downloading police orders and etc. 

11 hours ago, EnlightenedAtheist said:

Why would an official letter become useless after 6 months, even as a way to make a new one! Idiocy, tyranny, and bureaucracy rime! I

That is neither idiotic nor tyrannical. You have to provide proof of current income (usually last financial year or most recent pension payments/statements) not what you were getting 2, 3, 4 or 5 years ago.

Or current balance in your account if you use money in the bank.

It is not unheard of for an IO to require to see the documents used to get the letter, probably more likely for some nationalities like the US where all you need to do is tell them how much you "claim" to get and that is then the sum on the document 

6 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

That is neither idiotic nor tyrannical. You have to provide proof of current income (usually last financial year or most recent pension payments/statements) not what you were getting 2, 3, 4 or 5 years ago.

I could provide an official statement from the pension plan that would stipulate that I will be getting this until x years though (in my case 4 years, at least).

It is true that a pension plan could go belly up, but how likely is it that an official, public, say, teacher plan could? It is also true that the amount could change when one gets to be a certain age (60 or 65) if one gets in trouble with tax authorities, say. I guess I hate filling paper 3000 times, which is often the case with these guys. I guess we have to because there are idiots who cheat.

That letter is exactly the same as it was written before. It is probably activated by one push of a button. Can't I just sent an email to the consulate and then proceed? Can't they not reply with an email and the letter? I pay using cc. Less pollution and less wasted time. 

But, I understand that no one ever will question the efficiency of their procedures, especially as it relates to the customer. They must have the easiest job on the planet since no one can complain.

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Pinned topics are often a waste of space since nobody reads them.

For example this pinned topic has links for downloading police orders and etc. 

I appreciate the consistently excellent information you --and others-- provide (some of it not shown on the links you gave as there are some unwritten rules or behaviour), but please do consider replying with the  pinned topic you linked me (and maybe specifying the number that applies, as name like "police orders" means absolutely nothing to explain where the information is).  Great work from whoever did this, btw. That would save you time and quickly get more people using those, I think. Not sure if this would work, but I am thinking that a title like  "ALL rules about ALL of the visas." or  "ALL rules about ALL of the extensions of visas." would be a bit more transparent than police order XY.Z ("Police order # XYZ" should be in bracket, if at all.). I am willing to edit it and advise TV on what it could look like. No obligation, of course. 

So, if people like you referred to it more, it would get used more. This is just a friendly suggestion.

How about a title like: 

"ALL laws and RULES on visas, extensions, immigration matters, and work permits"

instead of ...

"Laws, regulations, Police Orders, etc. related to visas, immigration matters, and work permits"

Compare:

"ALL LAWS and RULES on visas, extensions, immigration matters, and work permits"

or

"Laws, regulations, Police Orders, etc. related to visas, immigration matters, and work permits"

Incidentally, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (http://mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908) does not even list (as far as I can see) all visas (just the retirement visas). 

Edited by EnlightenedAtheist
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, EnlightenedAtheist said:

That letter is exactly the same as it was written before. It is probably activated by one push of a button. Can't I just sent an email to the consulate and then proceed? Can't they not reply with an email and the letter? I pay using cc. Less pollution and less wasted time. 

If you are a British national, yes you can, :post-4641-1156694572: yes they do.

also in in some countries you can cash in your pension for a lump some so current statements are required.

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, EnlightenedAtheist said:

Incidentally, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (http://mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908) does not even list (as far as I can see) all visas (just the retirement visas). 

It does, linked from that page Issuance of visa

ISSUANCE OF VISA   

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

It does, linked from that page Issuance of visa

ISSUANCE OF VISA   

Thanks. Interesting.

I figured it would be there somewhere (LOL), but under "issuance of visa"? Who would have thought it?

It is miscategorized.

The question is "Why is it buried there and not in/under --at least-- one of the 6 categories?" Is it an error or is it deliberately there to obfuscate and --in fact-- prevent people from knowing that there are many other types of visas?

3 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

If you are a British national, yes you can, :post-4641-1156694572: yes they do.

also in in some countries you can cash in your pension for a lump some so current statements are required.

Oh! Email would be excellent. I better check (or lay the seed). Maybe I will get a tree in a few years! LOL