Are you a Loser?

bwpage3

7 hours ago, ThaiWai said:

Women are the same all over the world.   

After reading your first sentence I didn't bother reading the rest of your post. That's pure and utter nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The manic said:

Greed (and violence) doesn't drive the USA or the British Empire etc etc...and countless other nations. Who has a Volker colonial history than the Belgians. Many Europeans come here,think they're  smart, they don't know the game or the rules...so they lose.

I only call it as I see it. Isaan is a huge chunk of Thailand and is a graveyard for farang/Thai marriages. I see greed as the main reason for relationship failure.

• Like 1

Recipe for avoiding to become a loser in Thaiand:

- Go easy on the booze.
- Don't engage in any business activity.
- Don't marry nobody and produce no kids. (Can always set up a Last Will, making the life companion the beneficiary. With the stipulation that a proper autopsy will have to be performed to establish cause of death.) Make sure, beneficiary is aware of this stipulation.:smile:

By following those rules, I can't see how anyone can turn himself into a loser in Thailand.
Cheers.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, totally thaied up said:

I am pretty much a loser.  I have a serious mental disorder and been living in Thailand for 10 years now.  I have nothing and I repeat "nothing" to offer my wife. 

I watch all my so call friends buy cars for the girl friends,  renovate kitchens and outdoor areas for them.  It makes me feel truly inadequate as a person.

Yet over time I see the cars and girls disappear an these guys left with nothing.  Yes,  they are very,  very rich men but I have seen them crying over loss of property given.  Yet my wife is still with me. 

A close school friend died this week.  Net worth was 17 million dollars.  Had pancreatic cancer. Not married but married to his business.

He was 49 and I am 48.

Maybe I am not a loser then as I am still alive. I just gather,  life is as you make it and the decisions you make. 

Kinda my story too.

• Thanks 1

Hahaha. Yep. Most of you men here have sufficiently called out this OP. Despite the futile attempts to hit back, he has been put in his place.

Really no point in engaging any further. Good grief, the (person, "man" not applicable here) is actually a Sub-Loser. 

Yea, let's make Sbluzer a new word for such.

4 hours ago, Raffy said:

I kind of agree with the OP in some aspects, as well as my own thoughts from what I've seen about "Loser" Farangs online.

I see lots of guys with young skinny Thai girls or older skinny attractive Thai women, and I know 99% chance they wouldn't have a shot at someone that cute in their home country because they would be considered a "Loser" by their own women.  They come here with complex that "all Thai women are clawing to get at their vast fortunes of wealth." Oh please...

These guys will be on their best behavior for a short time to get a Thai woman and then, it all goes to shit because they fall into alcoholism, abuse, or other "Loser" behaviors they probably did back home. 

Unless you meet: a prostitute, bar girl, older desperate poor gold digger, or some kind of desperate Thai woman that has to raise kids by herself and needs financial help, THEY DON'T WANT YOUR MONEY. This myth is something I see with older Farangs all the time online. If your whole relationship is on the basis of you being the "Big Shot Rich Farang", that's a "Loser" play on your part. Are you not good enough to have someone love you for being yourself? I guess not. Instead you waive around Thai Baht in exchange for an empty relationship and some sort of superiority complex ego boost. 

If you marry an intelligent, clean, responsible, educated, hard working Thai woman they don't care about YOUR money, because they have their OWN. They don't ask you for money, because they again have their OWN. If she has her own car, speaks fluent English, went to college, and has a job, you got yourself a winner most likely that's not just a poor uneducated gold digger. There is such a thing as a Thai woman that was raised with respect and love and taught how to be independent and hard working.

If a good Thai woman divorces you and goes after your Farang dollars, I think she knows exactly where to hit you to make you pay for tying up valuable years of her life and happiness. Thai women will do anything to make you happy, if you don't appreciate that fact compared to the reality of dating most western women, she has every right to take your money because you're probably a "Loser" jerk that doesn't treat people well.

So in the end, even the "Good Thai Woman", turns into a vindictive, money grubbing ****.  Good to know. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

How about the ones that want the hot young girl, have some fun, lose everything they own and want to commit suicide?

How about those guys?

So they kill themselves after they had fun. What's the problem? I think that's a lot better than living forever without fun. There are enough people on this planet. A few less because they kill themselves is no problem.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jak2002003 said:

So I can say that to you if one of your children or loved ones kills themselves?  

What's your point? It's their life - or it was their life before they killed themselves.

Hopefully they don't leave a mess behind.

I think there is a degree of truth in some of what the OP says. There are a percentage of guys who end up in Thailand and because they believe it's a poor country and the women are desperate, will continue in their previous failed ways believing the women's desperation means they will put up with anything.
I think we have all seen the Alky types who always seems to have a beer in hand while the partner looks thoroughly bored.
I'm loathed to call anyone a loser as everyone has good points.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Did it ever cross your mind that some guys care more about how a girl looks and how much fun she is and not so much what she learned and what she earns, etc.?

Many guys could have a 40 year old "good" woman with a decent job. For some guys that is what they want. But others prefer a hot young girl who looks great and is fun. And if such a girl cost some money so what? Lets have fun. That's a lot better than dying together with a boring old woman with lot of money in the bank.

even better, hook up with the wealthy boring older gal and use her money to fund adventures with young hotties but not omitting to make the older one happy on occasion 

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I have something like this in mind:

fun.jpg.6b2c012a80a67ec39c9889e6fa898f76.jpg

And reading your comment it seems you prefer probably something like that:

FunOver.jpg.874021392e742158b8f1c4404985efeb.jpg

Enjoy your life! I enjoy mine...

at the rate the thais are becoming obese, the obese expats better act quick cause in the not too distant future the chicks will be equally as adipose embellished

4 hours ago, owl sees all said:

I only call it as I see it. Isaan is a huge chunk of Thailand and is a graveyard for farang/Thai marriages. I see greed as the main reason for relationship failure.

I apologise. The statement should have been less nuanced. So to make it clear. Greed (and violence) drives the USA the British Empire etc etc...and countless other nations. Who has a greedier crueler colonial history than the Belgians? And all these negative traists are sponsored at state level. Many Europeans come here,think they're  smart, they don't know the game or the rules...so they lose. You 'call things as you see them' but broken relationships exist from  the USA to Pakistan..so you are dextextualising your observations from a greater reality. In general inedaquate western men get married, seeking nanny and mother figures and more so here because they Europeans are thick and gullible and inadequate.  The poorer Thai women are smart ,independent and determined. Only an idiot buys houses, gets cuckold etc The simple maxim here is that if you wish to a marry a Thai only marry up. You will lose everything but not your money.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, swissie said:

Recipe for avoiding to become a loser in Thaiand:

- Go easy on the booze.
- Don't engage in any business activity.
- Don't marry nobody and produce no kids. (Can always set up a Last Will, making the life companion the beneficiary. With the stipulation that a proper autopsy will have to be performed to establish cause of death.) Make sure, beneficiary is aware of this stipulation.:smile:

By following those rules, I can't see how anyone can turn himself into a loser in Thailand.
Cheers.

Have to agree!

6 hours ago, rdhowell said:

Hahaha. Yep. Most of you men here have sufficiently called out this OP. Despite the futile attempts to hit back, he has been put in his place.

Really no point in engaging any further. Good grief, the (person, "man" not applicable here) is actually a Sub-Loser. 

Yea, let's make Sbluzer a new word for such.

Put in his place?

You shouldn't be ashamed of yourself and walk around with your head up.

That way you would see the multitude of losers on the lose in Thailand.

There has already been a few photos posted.

Did you not see them?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Did it ever cross your mind that some guys care more about how a girl looks and how much fun she is and not so much what she learned and what she earns, etc.?

Many guys could have a 40 year old "good" woman with a decent job. For some guys that is what they want. But others prefer a hot young girl who looks great and is fun. And if such a girl cost some money so what? Lets have fun. That's a lot better than dying together with a boring old woman with lot of money in the bank.

Yeah, but how about a younger good looking fun girl who is also intelligent, capable and financially independent; who wants to be with you?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A lot of guys come to Thailand for adventure in their latter years. They find romance, companionship and love. Often leading to marriage and sometimes a kiddie.

What these farang don't always understand is that invariably the women who was hugging them so closely in the early days has a different (and secret/hidden) agenda. When push has come to shove, the farang is left contemplating why/how the  relationship deteriorated so far; and often so fast.

I've been in Thailand (Isaan) for 10 years now and I've watched as couple after couple have seemingly insurmountable problems, culminating in their relationships falling apart. I can honestly say that in most, the whole catastrophe has been orchestrated by the wife and her family.

There is plenty of evidence on this forum that many Thai women are running an agenda to strip their foreign husband of his assets. There should be a handout at all entry points advertising this. Any man ignoring the advice is a loser.

That many foreign men fall for it, thinking a 20 yo woman, frequently a bar girl/hooker, would be genuinely interested in a much older man, makes them losers........ in my view.

What crazy man puts assets in an almost stranger's name in another country, when he wouldn't contemplate doing so back home, or marry a hooker back home? A loser!

I've never been to Phuket or Pattaya, but a large percentage of those who frequent such places are those who couldn't sustain a relationship back home.......losers!

I've often stayed at the Ibis, down Soi Nana, Sukhumvit, and all I see in the few bars as I stroll by are big bellied, mostly unattractive men, smokers, and drinking at 10 am, with bar girls.....losers.

I could ramble on with a hundred more examples, but you get the drift, and I agree with the OP, that many of those who move to Thailand are losers. Thailand has become a sort of modern Foreigm Legion, where men went to escape their pasts.

There are, no doubt, success stories, those where ages of partners are relatively close, but I see a significant minority there.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

I've often stayed at the Ibis, down Soi Nana, Sukhumvit, and all I see in the few bars as I stroll by are big bellied, mostly unattractive men, smokers, and drinking at 10 am, with bar girls.....losers.

It's called holiday.

2 hours ago, smotherb said:

Yeah, but how about a younger good looking fun girl who is also intelligent, capable and financially independent; who wants to be with you?  

In principle that sounds fine. And if you are young and handsome then go for it.

Personally I am not so young anymore and not so fit anymore and I am realistic. Why would a good looking fun girl who is intelligent and financially independent be with me or any other guy who is double her age? In theory it could happen but it's not exactly likely.

I am not rich but I earn enough that my girl does not have to be financially independent. At some age we have to make compromises and set priorities. I have some rich and smart male friends, I can talk with them about rocket science - ok, let's say science. 

4 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Far from it ,32 years here ,30 years married to a wonderful woman,

beautiful daughter,men who criticize Thai women,need to look at 

themselves more closely,there are many more good,than bad Thai

wives.

regards worgeordie

When you have Clocwork orange as your profile pic, it makes me wonder,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

In principle that sounds fine. And if you are young and handsome then go for it.

Personally I am not so young anymore and not so fit anymore and I am realistic. Why would a good looking fun girl who is intelligent and financially independent be with me or any other guy who is double her age? In theory it could happen but it's not exactly likely.

It all comes down to how we feel when we meet, and after that we are chasing the same feeling until we have spent our last dime. Im talking general now, and not relationships based on common sense. A good mix will always be the best. 

first thing, it takes one to know one... so pretty sure you are a narcissist <deleted> looking down on others, till you get karma served on a cold plate and lose all your shit ...

second, thai culture is about money money money & face...

if you see women say, if sin sod is not enough, bye bye ...

family more important than anything...

how much again they get from thai boyfriend / husband?

many are the real losers, gambling, hooking, smoking, drinking,  spending all the money and never pay child support in case of divorce...

poor farang suckers, they follow their dick & think it is love... can you blame them ?  while it is all about money and when that runs out, bye bye farang, go back to your country and they might even try to sue you in your home country

Edited by dickjones2018
  • Sad 1