Wanted British drug lord likely to have fled to Thailand, say UK police

webfact

4 hours ago, zaphod reborn said:

He wasn't jailed, because he couldn't be "jailed in his absence".  He was sentenced to prison in his absence. The word "prison" is used instead of "jail" when referring to lengthy sentences such as 11 years.  RTP can easily find him in the gogo bars of Pattaya.

Yep , Pattaya , start looking there and tell the bargirls to look out for a chap who tends to roll off when getting a leg over.

8 hours ago, overherebc said:

It's a matter of 'a-pinion'

@Acemaker

What's sad?

Do you mean the post is sad or you are sad?

Just to add, my father lost one leg in an accident about 3 years before I was born so for me it was just normal to see a man with one leg. In fact the line  it's a matter of a-pinion  was his usual reply to any questions on how good or bad his artificial leg was. ???

5 hours ago, HLover said:

Or at a foot massage parlor.

Yeah, with his 50% discount................ Once caught, he might not have a leg to stand on after the authorities put their foot down cause they're deadly serious and not pulling his leg .....................:post-4641-1156694572:

Usually my perception of TV members age range is that they are all around an average age of 70 yo,  for this thread I have revised this (temporarily), sorry but I have had to knock the zero off, because your jokes, and I use the term loosely are worthy of seven year olds.... sorry but pretty boring after the first one. :1zgarz5:

A true story.....!!

4-5 days ago I was sitting outside my usual coffee shop in Hua Hin.....A guy with one leg came and parked his motorbike, went in to the coffee shop on crutches.....A few minutes later he came out very upset and started to search the cargo space under m-bike seat...clearly not finding what he was looking for, he got very upset and smashed the seat down.

As I am a friendly person and felt sorry for the guy (one leg and all)..I asked what the problem was, and he told me that he was 20 baht short of what he had to pay in the shop, and he had forgotten his ATM card...Of course I gave him the 20 baht. He felt embarrassed and thanked me very politely.

Reading the OP here made me wonder.....No doubt the guy was British....I have lived here for many years...never seen the guy before....Did he look like the photo in the OP?.....Well you know...all guys with their heads shaved look the same.....And he didn't appear to be a helpless tourist...

Makes me wonder......:coffee1:

2 minutes ago, HLover said:

I agree with you.  Perhaps amputee drug dealers bring out the kid in us all?

haha yeah , but if there was a thread about the pope on here it'd probably get the same treatment

44 minutes ago, sn1per said:

Usually my perception of TV members age range is that they are all around an average age of 70 yo,  for this thread I have revised this (temporarily), sorry but I have had to knock the zero off, because your jokes, and I use the term loosely are worthy of seven year olds.... sorry but pretty boring after the first one. :1zgarz5:

Sometimes jokes have to be subtle sometimes stupid.

They don't always have to produce belly laughs, maybe just a smile or a head shake with a groan.

As I posted before my father lost one leg in an accident before I was born but he never lost his sense of humour. Sometimes ridiculous sometimes subtle piss takes.

It can be surprising how much a silly comment/joke can change your whole day for the better.

Have a good Songkran. ?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, zaphod reborn said:

He wasn't jailed, because he couldn't be "jailed in his absence".  He was sentenced to prison in his absence. The word "prison" is used instead of "jail" when referring to lengthy sentences such as 11 years.  RTP can easily find him in the gogo bars of Pattaya.

RTP can easily find him in the gogo bars of Pattaya.

Now those are the bars most of us would be happy to be behind!

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:36 AM, Lupatria said:

Why is this a preferred destination for crooks on the run, has it anything to do with the reputation of the RTP?

Surprised you need to ask.  In Thailand you buy just about anything including anonymity. 

• Like 2