New blue bus service (Airport-Moat-Nimman)

weary

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/12/2018 at 2:09 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Maybe so, but there isn't any room on C M city roads for a regular service full size bus, and probably not enough passengers to make it necessary. The existing service is usually empty.

It's not even necessary, if the council cared enough to have regular routes for red songtheaws.

Pattaya has no big buses and their service with baht buses is excellent.

Which is why, I guess, the new approved CM public transport system is underground on all it's routes for the fist 2 or 3 kilometers then above ground. Now we wait for construction to be completed... 

Different point, IMHO CM (Pattaya also) should stop playing around with different ways to organize song taows and move into the modern world.

My recent trips on the blue buses in the Suthep/Nimman/Huay Kaew area have been with numerous other passengers, at times so many that they've had to flip down the seats reserved for the handicapped.  It seems to be catching on with the college students.  And why not?  They seem to love the aircon and free wifi.

3 hours ago, NancyL said:

My recent trips on the blue buses in the Suthep/Nimman/Huay Kaew area have been with numerous other passengers, at times so many that they've had to flip down the seats reserved for the handicapped.  It seems to be catching on with the college students.  And why not?  They seem to love the aircon and free wifi.

Thats ruined my morning .

I logged on tho TV to read moans and complaints 

Could you not find anything to complain about ?

21 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Can't help you there I'm afraid as I only use the other routes and not R2.

I have now discovered an android ap -rtc cm transit- that does give more info and, supposedly, the nearest bus stop to wherever you use the app in CM, and location of the next bus en route. unfortunately the english version is still largely in thai, but potentially, an excellent app that will get more bums on seats. be interested to learn if others have used it successfully

3 hours ago, beau thai said:

I have now discovered an android ap -rtc cm transit- that does give more info and, supposedly, the nearest bus stop to wherever you use the app in CM, and location of the next bus en route. unfortunately the english version is still largely in thai, but potentially, an excellent app that will get more bums on seats. be interested to learn if others have used it successfully

Yes, the app works well if you have a decent (independent/paid for) WiFi on your phone.  Been using it for some time.  With good WiFi it is in near real time, maybe 30 seconds behind real time.

2 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Yes, the app works well if you have a decent (independent/paid for) WiFi on your phone.  Been using it for some time.  With good WiFi it is in near real time, maybe 30 seconds behind real time.

Yeah, it's just "close enough" to real time that I've been caught out a few times waiting in the lobby of a hospital in the the aircon, watching the little bus moving around on the app, then walking out the door toward the street only to see the bus whizzing by as I realized I cut it too close in the interests of remaining cool and comfy inside vs. standing in the street next to the bus stop.

6 hours ago, sanemax said:

Thats ruined my morning .

I logged on tho TV to read moans and complaints 

Could you not find anything to complain about ?

25 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Sorry, it's the new meds I'm on.  Makes life look much better.  

I don't think NancyL's self complaint counts as a complaint as such.????

I am sure some grumpy old git will got on here now to disagree and make your day. 

I was going to say "get on your bike" about complaints about non complaints but this is a "Bus Topic" so I will get back in my box!

• 6 months later...
3 hours ago, arithai12 said:

These links don't work anymore.

Download the APP "viabus" (android) which appears to have replaced the website info.  Make sure you have "location" enabled during set up and ignore the fact that it seems to be loading info for BKK, at first, it defaults to CM eventually and works very well.

• 1 month later...

All I seem to see above is negativity about this service- to be expected I guess.

What I ACTUALLY see (as I am in Chaing Mai at present, hence comment from a Phuket based poster on a CM thread) is a nice clean busy bus passing me by on a regular basis over the past couple of days.

Progress, eh- who needs it.????

The App works great and is extremely helpful.  Shows stops, the route and real time GPS location while using cellular.  
The drivers do wonders with those big buses and most are quite helpful.  

Good for going to immigration and the airport, bus station and in the old city.   
Always cold and free WiFi.  

Archived