What can you buy for 1,000 baht in Thailand?

webfact

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. My wife loves bags. While I was subsidising her lifestyle she was always buying the things. Only used them a few times and bought another. Ended up with boxes full of the things.

One of the reasons I stopped buying her anything, as it ended up never being used.

You could sell all her bags and buy the gentleman's car before he's crushing it to death. 

Edited by jenny2017
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HooHaa said:

that dan about thailand sure writes a quality bit o' useless fluff

1 hour ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

If you cant't find that out by yourself you should not be here. Close to being the most stupid post this week.

A bung for the police if you are caught riding your motorbike on certain Bangkok carriageways. That is

if you are stupid enough to pay it.:sad:

2 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

If you cant't find that out by yourself you should not be here. Close to being the most stupid post this week.

I am sure he did not find out yet another nice way of spending: 2 hrs really professional oil massage followed by a "special"...errr... that is another thousand, though (fine if you do it every other day)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thurien said:

I am sure he did not find out yet another nice way of spending: 2 hrs really professional oil massage followed by a "special"...errr... that is another thousand, though (fine if you do it every other day)

Does thurien like Durian? 

• Haha 1

Think you struggle getting the truth from a lot of expats, I live in a small village in Issan and a couple of expats say they spend 100,000b a month even though they only go Thai shop drinking twice a week and have 2 or 3 big leos, don't smoke never go anywhere else in Thailand and say they have no debt, utter bulls****. For me 1,000b probably lasts a couple of days unless I take a trip down to Patts.

22 lunches or 12 dinners at my local restaurant. 

Or

3 speeding tickets

Or

2 fatal accidents. However, wais will apply (free of charge)

Or

35 liter dirsel. 

Not sure regarding Lao khao but surly enough to nock me out for a week. 

1.000 Baht. Made in less than an hour work. Yet people complain on the exchange rate:)

You can pay all expenses to be able to live for roughly 3 days in BKK with 1000B if you live "simple" but still are lazy to cook.....

Breakfast: 3 Grilled pork sticks (5B each) + 1 sticky rice (5B) = 20B
Lunch: Rice topped with omelet = 20B
Dinner: Rice topped with 2 dishes = 35B, Alternative: Anything at a cheap taamsang (cooked to order) place = 35B
Thai style dessert: 15B average a day
Thai style snacks: 25B average a day
Local white rice spirits (35%-40%): 70B, will usually last 2 to 4 days if you drink everyday = 25B average per day
Soda water to drink with your spirits: 8B per bottle, Average 4 bottles for 1 day if also mixed with water = 32B per day
Something to eat while drunk: 30B per day
Commuting to your work and back home by bus: 20B per day
Rent: You can rent a place that's fairly livable for about 1500B per month (yes you do lol, even in central Bangkok), so about 50B per day
Utilities: If you don't use the aircon your utility will be around 500 per month, which is 15B average per day

Mobile Internet: 99B per week, so 15B per day average

Adding everything up together is 302B per day, which is enough for 3 days = 906B, and even gives you 94B buffer for those 3 days. You could use that to do something fun like seeing a movie or taking a date for dinner at a cheap Som Tam stand haha :)

But.... you could also go to Red Sky @ Central World and spend 1000 it on an appetizer 55555

• Like 1
  • Haha 1