What can you buy for 1,000 baht in Thailand?

webfact

15 hours ago, balo said:

I get 30 coffees at my local coffee shop, good quality from beans.

doesn't all coffee come from coffee beans, or was the coffee plant redesigned while I was sleeping?

Edited by torrzent
  • Haha 1

On 4/13/2018 at 12:09 AM, MaiCM said:

You can pay all expenses to be able to live for roughly 3 days in BKK with 1000B if you live "simple" but still are lazy to cook.....

Breakfast: 3 Grilled pork sticks (5B each) + 1 sticky rice (5B) = 20B
Lunch: Rice topped with omelet = 20B
Dinner: Rice topped with 2 dishes = 35B, Alternative: Anything at a cheap taamsang (cooked to order) place = 35B
Thai style dessert: 15B average a day
Thai style snacks: 25B average a day
Local white rice spirits (35%-40%): 70B, will usually last 2 to 4 days if you drink everyday = 25B average per day
Soda water to drink with your spirits: 8B per bottle, Average 4 bottles for 1 day if also mixed with water = 32B per day
Something to eat while drunk: 30B per day
Commuting to your work and back home by bus: 20B per day
Rent: You can rent a place that's fairly livable for about 1500B per month (yes you do lol, even in central Bangkok), so about 50B per day
Utilities: If you don't use the aircon your utility will be around 500 per month, which is 15B average per day

Mobile Internet: 99B per week, so 15B per day average

Adding everything up together is 302B per day, which is enough for 3 days = 906B, and even gives you 94B buffer for those 3 days. You could use that to do something fun like seeing a movie or taking a date for dinner at a cheap Som Tam stand haha :)

But.... you could also go to Red Sky @ Central World and spend 1000 it on an appetizer 55555

Not seeing any soap, shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant, or other toiletries there.  Not even any toilet paper.  I am guessing you are going to leave an odiferously offensive brownish cloud behind you wherever you walk!

1 hour ago, torrzent said:

Not seeing any soap, shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant, or other toiletries there.  Not even any toilet paper.  I am guessing you are going to leave an odiferously offensive brownish cloud behind you wherever you walk!

A TRAMP would live better than that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, torrzent said:

doesn't all coffee come from coffee beans

I think you know what I mean , if you prefer instant coffee up to you, but I can't stand it . 

11 hours ago, balo said:

I think you know what I mean , if you prefer instant coffee up to you, but I can't stand it . 

sorry am not a mind reader....even instant coffee originates from coffee beans.  If you mean something else, you should be more specific instead of having a hissy fit over semantics.

• 1 month later...
On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:47 PM, PETERTHEEATER said:

What can you buy for 1,000 baht in Thailand?

If you cant't find that out by yourself you should not be here. Close to being the most stupid post this week.

It is the most stupid post I have seen this week!

On 4/29/2018 at 1:37 AM, The manic said:

It's 20 quid and gets you norhing but a paupers life of misery and joyless humiliation. 

I doubt you could get the same back in the Old Country for that price.  A pauper's life of misery and joyless humiliation is not what it once was.  Even nostalgia's shit nowadays.

• Like 1

YOu can get almost anythng you want. I can fill up 4 big bags with groceries at Big C for 1000 baht .  In my home country that would be one small bag . 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2018 at 8:36 AM, JAZZDOG said:

Glue it to your forehead a walk down Soi 6, 

Remember early morning walks down there to the pub, Queen Vic? Don’t remember name, for border run bus, scary at 6am, walking dead ladyboys out and bad vibe. Back in the day, early 00’s 1000 baht was a night with a hottie, 70 baht to pound, Lordy lord

• 1 month later...
On 4/12/2018 at 3:59 PM, owl sees all said:

The Saturday before last, the wife, myself and Mildred went to Laos for my 30 day stamp. We spent about 1000 Baht in the duty free. Mildred bought a teddy, I bought 2 litres of single malt whisky and the wife bought a leather bag.

Yesterday in Big C, I spotted a bag which was, to my eyes, identical to the one she bought in Laos. The price tag was 1250 Baht. Instead of thinking "bargain", she said the Laos bag must be a cheap imitation. 

Last night the Laos bag was stashed away; never to be seen again (along with another 20).

And the 'single malt'? Any good?

On 6/3/2018 at 3:22 AM, poanoi said:

i can make her petite in 3 month and she wont even have to get up from bed,

she would still sweat like never before tho

What's that word now. It's on the tip of my tongue.

Yes, that's it 'cunnilintus'.

Not sure about the spelling but she is just begging for it.

• Haha 1

On 6/3/2018 at 3:22 AM, poanoi said:

i can make her petite in 3 month and she wont even have to get up from bed,

she would still sweat like never before tho

Your taste in women is astonishing. May we congratulate? ?

A car service

Two blow jobs

Three bottles of Hong Thong

Four legitimate Thai massages

Five caddies on a Thai golf course

Six helpings of spaghetti marinara at one of my favorite restaurants

Seven legitimate Thai massages without aircon

Eight servings of smoked salmon

Nine fuctifino

Ten - my usual when my Thai GF wants to shop at the dalat nat.

Need I go on?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

A car service

Two blow jobs

Three bottles of Hong Thong

Four legitimate Thai massages

Five caddies on a Thai golf course

Six helpings of spaghetti marinara at one of my favorite restaurants

Seven legitimate Thai massages without aircon

Eight servings of smoked salmon

Nine fuctifino

Ten - my usual when my Thai GF wants to shop at the dalat nat.

Need I go on?

You forgot the most important one ........

20 large Leos from Makro.

On 4/13/2018 at 1:17 AM, Damrongsak said:

40 years ago at the Panyangtong Hotel in BKK, I could get a room and 6-7 ladies for 1,000 Baht.  90 Baht for a BJ & Boom-Boom and a short-time room.  Exchange rate was different then, it was about $4.50 USD.  The hotel was in a nice area of town near many government buildings. I used to go early, so maybe that was a happy-hour special.  Up in Loei, you could get a happy ending for 30-50 Baht.  Exchange rate was 20 Baht to $1 USD.

6 or 7 .! What at the same time .! Jeez' Dam' you are made of more .. I'd need a 1000 bt's worth of Sildenafil to keep up with 6 or 7 ..