What can you buy for 1,000 baht in Thailand?

webfact

What can you buy for 1,000 baht in Thailand?

By Dan Cheeseman 

Thai-Baht.jpg?resize=800,500&ssl=1

Let’s start this blog with some exchange rate conversions for you, 1,000 baht converts to £22.68 and US$32.

So, just as a bit of fun initially, I posted on my Twitter and Facebook pages asking people what they buy for 1,000 baht. It must have hit a nerve with people as the answers kept coming and coming.

Some were silly, others a tad rude (well, I had to expect that) and others were altogether quite insightful and interesting. There was also some differentiation in the answers between platforms, with Facebook proving far more cheeky in it replies gathered than Twitter (so much so I deleted the post afterwards in the name of clean moderation!).

So what can you buy?

One expat on Twitter from Surin said 1,000 baht is his daily budget. Whereas one of my Thai followers said it would equate to 2 bottles of Australian Shiraz from Wine Connection.

Hotel accommodation in Thailand can be great value so many commented that this can a cheap room for the night.

Simon from Pattaya said a 1,000 baht gets him a Thai green curry, coconut rice and some beer whilst he can watch the sunset along Pattaya beach.

Full story: https://danaboutthailand.com/2018/04/10/what-can-you-buy-for-1000-baht-in-thailand/

-- DAN ABOUT THAILAND 2018-04-12

• Like 1

What can you buy for 1,000 baht in Thailand? By Dan Cheeseman 

Full story: https://danaboutthailand.com/2018/04/10/what-can-you-buy-for-1000-baht-in-thailand/

-- DAN ABOUT THAILAND 2018-04-12

4 good thin crust pizzas at local pizza shops near the beach in Chumphon. Or Pizza company buy 1, free 1 card + 2 large pan crust pizzas.

4 large pans if you already have the card.

A domestic one-way air ticket if you book at the right time.

Electric + water bill 1.5-2 months (no air con)

Sent from my LDN-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

seriously, the entire "article" is about a few responses he got on social media.

what happened to doing research and actually finding a number of cool things you could buy or do for 1000 baht rather than sitting on your ass generating clicks for copy and pasting from twitter.

9 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

1000 Baht a day gives you a pretty decent life in Thailand, that is if you're not an alcoholic or wh**e monger.

What? How do 1,000 baht give anybody a nice life? It can buy 17.24 Leos at my shop, or 16,66 boxes of Camel. Or it just disappears in my truck's tank. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

1000 Baht a day gives you a pretty decent life in Thailand, that is if you're not an alcoholic or wh**e monger.

Even if your a not too picky wh**e monger it can be pretty decent... :coffee1:

• Like 1

That is the amount Ann spends weekly at the local market and three people eat really nice food all week.We have a lot of veggies from our own garden and lots of eggs from the ducks and chickens.

1000baht goes far for some people,before i met Ann i could not imagine that.Call me a lucky man!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jvs said:

That is the amount Ann spends weekly at the local market and three people eat really nice food all week.We have a lot of veggies from our own garden and lots of eggs from the ducks and chickens.

1000baht goes far for some people,before i met Ann i could not imagine that.Call me a lucky man!!

"Lucky man." 

Must get some ducks and grow some veggies!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1