Aging: Blessing or curse?

swissie

- By getting older, do you rather experience it as "Your Golden Years" (having gained the wisdom that you didn't have when you were 20, seeing things in a more relaxed way, therefore adding to "inner-peace" you didn't have when you were 20? Etc.. etc..etc..

OR:

- Do you rather feel like sitting in a waiting room, waiting for the inevitable. Getting up tomorrow considered as a gift, that allowes for performing the things that age and health still allow to perform and experience?

How is this "aging-business" going for you?
Cheers.

PS: The concept of aquiring wisdom with age, is open to discussion, especially when a "wise" old Farang decides that marrying a 25 year old Thai Female is the climax of his aquired wisdom over the years.:smile: 

• Haha 2

i lost my wisdom as i aged,

today i got zero ability to focus or solve most of the equations i

learned once upon a time, i also lost command of german language altogether.

aging is a curse when it comes to women,

the days when they were standing in cue to worship my dick was over at 40,

otoh its a blessing to finally meet requirements for retirement visa at 50

• Like 1

4 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

I read a report on a UK nurse who had spent around fifty years of her life caring for older people, she wrote words to the effect of....about one more year and I'm headed to Digitas and if that is disallowed I'll find another route, I've been watching people age for the past fifty

What does heading for Digitas mean?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, watcharacters said:

This may help:

http://www.dignitas.ch/images/stories/pdf/informations-broschuere-dignitas-e.pdf

I haven't read all of it yet but I wonder if it requires a terminal diagnosis from an MD?

It does, plus you need to pass a series of interviews over time with them before things proceed.

27 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

It does, plus you need to pass a series of interviews over time with them before things proceed.

If a person's decision is made thoughtfully, I think the process should be as easy as getting take out from a fast food place

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

If a person's decision is made thoughtfully, I think the process should be as easy as getting take out from a fast food place

I'd like a double cheeseburger, a strawberry shake and a cup of arsenic,

More seriously, the person needs to be proven sane and the decision must stand the test of time, it's not exactly done on a walk-in basis.please.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

I'd like a double cheeseburger, a strawberry shake and a cup of arsenic,

More seriously, the person needs to be proven sane and the decision must stand the test of time, it's not exactly done on a walk-in basis.please.

Wh have different opinions then. :shock1:.

No problem.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, watcharacters said:

This may help:

http://www.dignitas.ch/images/stories/pdf/informations-broschuere-dignitas-e.pdf

I haven't read all of it yet but I wonder if it requires a terminal diagnosis from an MD?

Actually, next to DIGNITAS there is also an organisation called EXIT, both based in Switzerland.
It's not a fast track to heaven. They will assess every "case" thoroughly. If it comes to a "go ahead", it's mostly based on the fact that the person suffers from an incurable desease and the pain can no more be reduced by medication.

19 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

I read a report on a UK nurse who had spent around fifty years of her life caring for older people, she wrote words to the effect of....about one more year and I'm headed to Digitas and if that is disallowed I'll find another route, I've been watching people age for the past fifty years and it's a dreadful thing that I have no intention of enduring.

The trick there is knowing when to say "when."  Tomorrow?  Next week?  Well at least not until that new movie comes out, etc...

I didn't know what Digitas means either, and web searches didn't seem to connect it to the topic; well, not at a glance anyway. 

In the US the buzzword for euthanasia is still Kavorkian.  One fellow told me there is a society that administers a fatal milkshake for the final solution.  For myself, if I did it, I'd consider the long walk off a short pier or similar.  Maybe go down to Rio and bonk myself to death in the brothels, what a way to go!

I would strongly recommend not mentioning going this route to anyone, especially in the health care field.  You can find yourself subject to some sort of treatment, held against your will as "a harm to yourself" etc.

• Like 1

I’m only 49, but I had a botched sinus surgery two years ago that left me with an iatrogenic complication known as “Empty Nose Syndrome”.  There is no cure.  I feel like I am suffocating with every breath.  Now, for me, every day seems like a curse and death will be a blessing.

5 minutes ago, Airalee said:

I’m only 49, but I had a botched sinus surgery two years ago that left me with an iatrogenic complication known as “Empty Nose Syndrome”.  There is no cure.  I feel like I am suffocating with every breath.  Now, for me, every day seems like a curse and death will be a blessing.

I feel for you. I just read up on your condition, one I knew nothing about, but it sounds horrific.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bendejo said:

I didn't know what Digitas means either, and web searches didn't seem to connect it to the topic; well, not at a glance anyway. 

In the US the buzzword for euthanasia is still Kavorkian

The reason I couldn't find any info either was because it's DIGNITAS,not Digitas.

If you can use all the advantages of aging, it can be a blessing. Once the children are settled, more time is available and professionaly more risks can be taken.
If this can be combined with good health, life can be very interesting even until very old age. I started my company when I was 55, doing business keeps you connected and alert. I am content and this 3rd chapter of my life is so far the most interesting. Instead of a reward at the end of our life, we are confronted with death and that’s not fair!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 2