Thaksin hopes for new govt by next Songkran

snoop1130

Thaksin hopes for new govt by next Songkran

By The Nation

e048691c47fd5e7850114e3d29bf534a-sld.jpeg

Photo : KhomkaoTV24 Facebook

Fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra posted on Facebook on Friday for Thai New Year, wishing all Thais well and that the country will have an elected government by next Songkran.

“For this Songkran, I wish all the fellow Thai people happiness and good health,” Thaksin wrote.

“I want to be a moral support for everyone to get through any obstacle and let’s hope that in the next Songkran, we will finally have a government elected by the people.”

The post was the first since March last year. In the afternoon, KhomkaoTV24 Facebook page posted two photos of Thaksin pouring water on a Buddha image and his sister; former premier Yingluck Shinawatra and her son; Pike, pouring water on Thaksin's hands on the occasion of Songkran Festival.

The caption reads these happened in Thakin's residence in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

The Constitution Court on Wednesday accepted the petition to review the constitutionality of the MP election organic bill. It is expected that the election currently planned for February next year will be postponed again.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30343112

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-4-13
  • Sad 1

A post containing an aberrant misspelling of Thaksin's name has been removed.

A post containing a disallowed reference to the current PM has been removed. 

And a post containing off topic speculations has been removed as well. 

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

wishing all Thais well and that the country will have an elected government by next Songkran.

Yes, let the chips fall where they may. 

30 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

If so, then I am truly sorry for Thailand! IMHO, Thaksin is a bad mix of Al Capone and Hitler.

Capone, maybe.  Anything beyond that is over the top.  Why would you compare him to genocidal monsters ?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Sorry you very wrong 

Meny Thai people don't like him they have learned how bad and corrupt this family are

He didn't need army to control people yes that's why so meny Thai is out of control now and are me first generation 

Army try to clean up after all this family corruption and it start working but slowly 

Meny tourists will ofcores not be happy because the bars prostitution will disappear in future 

The only one there will benefit of this family are the gangs criminals etc if power go back to them 

I seriously doubt that. The sex industry in Thailand provides an income stream for the top cops and military officers. The cops get money from the brothels and bars and the military officers get money for trafficking underage girls to the brothels and bars.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

I want to be a moral support for everyone to get through any obstacle

vague contentless generalities; trouble is, even he and his rotten corruptness, through and through, look a decent alternative at this point;

we will see him n his again and ,strangely, if he is smart (?!) he should be planning a short reign and then another coup

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

I had been in army almost all my adult life and my son is a proud officer in Royal Thai Army

Umh, how so? The army will not accept mixed race men as officers...

• Thanks 1

Underneath this facade of family unity and all, there's this burning desire to go back home, i'm yet to meet a Thai who doesn't love their homeland, food, culture and missing family and friends terribly, so they can put on an act as much as they like, but inside their hearts are broken....

Edited by ezzra
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Underneath this facade of family unity and all, there's this burning desire to go back home, i'm yet to meet a Thai who doesn't love their homeland, food, culture and missing family and friends terribly, so they can put on an act as much as they like, but inside their hearts are broken....

I have never met a Chinese/Thai  western educated multi-billionaire former Prime Minister, but I am sure he relates closely with your Thai associates that miss home.

7 minutes ago, peperobi said:

Forget for the next years to have an election, the military government enjoy the power and will not step down soon. 

Yes but they have been busy setting everything us to give everyone the ILLUSION that the new election was democratic. Nothing will change until the dinosaurs have died out.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1