Road deaths, injuries up for first 2 days of Songkran

rooster59

33 minutes ago, starky said:

Righto tough guy, but what about the people they killed or their passengers? I don't believe I was praising anyone for drink driving, fycks sake another warrior. 

You have taken this the wrong way, go back to my post and read it again, please explain where I said you were praising anyone for drink driving, and also explain what you mean by "another warrior".

Good on them if they really wrapped 60,000 on the wrist for drunk driving, only another 6 million or so to go and the fatalities may reduce during the week.

Good luck this weekend, I imagine last night's toll will be the whopper as most people were travelling/ revelling.

2 hours ago, Artisi said:

think you will find many already drive without a licence, so introducing bans isn't a deterrent and negates your point 1, 2, and 5. Point 3  would need an absolute miracle to even get the BIB to think about it and as 4, who will fine them and who will collect the fines and if they can't be found (fairly normal) what then?  

Yeah well if you don't think any of that is going to happen how do you propose any of the things that got suggested in the post I replied to are going to happen? You do realise I was replying to another poster? Yeah death penalty for drunk drivers... plonk same rules apply no matter how harsh the penalty if there is zero enforcement... Fycks sake

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

You have taken this the wrong way, go back to my post and read it again, please explain where I said you were praising anyone for drink driving, and also explain what you mean by "another warrior".

Well why did you quote my post for? Why didn't you just post rot in Hell for drunk drivers alone. What did my post have to do with your reply? Clearly I was being sympathetic to those that have passed your the one that wanted to make a statement about drunk drivers. Quite obviously your a warrior cos your hard as nails in your post about wishing death on every driver who is under the influence but I doubt you would be the one wanting to pull the trigger.  Clear?

24 minutes ago, starky said:

Well why did you quote my post for? Why didn't you just post rot in Hell for drunk drivers alone. What did my post have to do with your reply? Clearly I was being sympathetic to those that have passed your the one that wanted to make a statement about drunk drivers. Quite obviously your a warrior cos your hard as nails in your post about wishing death on every driver who is under the influence but I doubt you would be the one wanting to pull the trigger.  Clear?

Why didn't you just post rot in Hell for drunk drivers alone". That is exactly what I did.

You are right about one thing, I do wish death on drunk drivers, I emphasis "drunk drivers".

If that makes me a hard as nails warrior, then that is what I am.

Now this debate is over, welcome to my ignore list. 

15 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Why didn't you just post rot in Hell for drunk drivers alone". That is exactly what I did.

You are right about one thing, I do wish death on drunk drivers, I emphasis "drunk drivers".

If that makes me a hard as nails warrior, then that is what I am.

Now this debate is over, welcome to my ignore list. 

No... that makes you a keyboard warrior.

Don't you think about the drunk drivers families, wives, children etc.  If the drunk driver was the major money earner for the family then there will also have big money problems as well and the grief.  

Life if not black and white.  How drunk is a drunk driver?  2 beers, one?  You never in your life drove after you had just 2 pints of beer?  

13 hours ago, colinneil said:

This cannot be correct, before the holiday government lackies were spouting off about 7% reduction this year.

They said that there were measures in place to make songkran safer.

Lip service.. 

Thailand is well known for it. 

"OOH You want mouth massage?" 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, starky said:

Yeah well if you don't think any of that is going to happen how do you propose any of the things that got suggested in the post I replied to are going to happen? You do realise I was replying to another poster? Yeah death penalty for drunk drivers... plonk same rules apply no matter how harsh the penalty if there is zero enforcement... Fycks sake

I took the time to go back and look at you response to the other poster, my comments stand as an observation of the points you raised, it wasn't  an attack on you  -  but comments of the driving culture / lack of care / policing / and complete disregard of the rule of law in Thailand. 

So keep your shirt on. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jonnapat said:

Nobody takes the slightest notice of safety campaigns. 

Just let them get on with it and stay off the roads.

Trouble is, those who survive are still on the roads the following week, the following month, the following year ... and still as lunatically stupid.

13 hours ago, PatOngo said:
13 hours ago, CGW said:

Yep! if anyone can make any sense of these numbers, please - do share?

It was posted on another thread that 62 people a day were killed on Thai roads on any given day on average :saai:

Using that number as a baseline what is the + or minus in incidents, sounds simple enough, why do they make it so incomprehensible! :shock1:

It's what people have come to expect! Truth has low priority.

So they are claiming 99 deaths in 2 of the "7 dangerous days".

According to a report in December 2017 in the Bangkok Post, last year 22,000 people died in traffic accidents. That's an average of just over 60 per day. So far these "dangerous days" are under the daily average. This is just a load of bs. 365 days a year are "dangerous days" and they should be doing this all year round. Let's see what the average of the "7 dangerous days" comes to, but they could be the safest days of the year.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jak2002003 said:

No... that makes you a keyboard warrior.

Don't you think about the drunk drivers families, wives, children etc.  If the drunk driver was the major money earner for the family then there will also have big money problems as well and the grief.  

Life if not black and white.  How drunk is a drunk driver?  2 beers, one?  You never in your life drove after you had just 2 pints of beer?  

I emphasised the word drunk, people who are drunk when they are driving, again I emphasis the word "drunk", are better dead than the poor innocent people they have killed, wives, children etc, among them, do you have a wife, or children? What would you do if a drunk driver killed any of them? or are you one of these drivers who regularly drink while under the influence?

And to answer your last question, a great big NO.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, tropo said:

So they are claiming 99 deaths in 2 of the "7 dangerous days".

According to a report in December 2017 in the Bangkok Post, last year 22,000 people died in traffic accidents. That's an average of just over 60 per day. So far these "dangerous days" are under the daily average. This is just a load of bs. 365 days a year are "dangerous days" and they should be doing this all year round. Let's see what the average of the "7 dangerous days" comes to, but they could be the safest days of the year.

Those were my thoughts! are they trying to hide how many they kill daily on a "normal" basis - who knows just what there thinking is, maybe they thought nobody would figure out what you have stated above?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CGW said:

Those were my thoughts! are they trying to hide how many they kill daily on a "normal" basis - who knows just what there thinking is, maybe they thought nobody would figure out what you have stated above?

Exactly, and calling these "7 dangerous days" is brainwashing the public to think the rest of the days are safe, yet Thailand made the top of the list for road deaths per capita out of about 180 countries listed. I think it was the only Asian country in the top 10 - the rest were African countries.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

Same time next year no surprise.the new year one is next I think

No, tomorrow is the next one, and then the day after, and the day after that and so on! It's a never ending daily spiral.

6 hours ago, CGW said:

Thinking is not their strong point. They think mainly about their next meal.......tomorrow, next week, next month....forget it! They are consumed with breakfast, lunch, dinner and how to pay for the mocy, pick up and/or iPhone!  

• Like 2

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 7:03 AM, edwinchester said:

60,000 drinks arrested in just two days is an absolutely staggering number and shows that drivers just don't give a <deleted> about other road users.

Whoever is is charge should hang their head in shame and resign because it's obvious they have no idea how to deal with the problem.

A way to deal with it is anyone over the limit gets 3 months in gaol. Anyone over the limit of 1.00 gets 12 months and life suspension of license. Of course several new prisons will have to be built to deal with the thousands but the only way to deal with the current crisis is to make everyone fear the consequences of their actions.