Motorcycle stuntman killed in an accident in Lampang

rooster59

Motorcycle stuntman killed in an accident in Lampang

car-crash.jpg

A wellknown acrobatic motorcycle stuntman died on Friday when he crashed his big bike into the rear of car on the in-bound highway heading toward Lampang’s Muang district.

The victim was identified by police as 20-year old Thanapol Sapsad, a native of Lampang and the acrobatic motorcycle champion at the KTM Bangkok Downtown Fest with Rok Bagoros last year.

According to eyewitness account, police said that, shortly before the collision, a group of policemen and rescue workers were pulling a car out of a roadside ditch and then, out of a sudden, a speeding big bike rammed into the rear of a Mitsubishi Pajero which was running in front.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/motorcycle-stuntman-killed-accident-lampang/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-04-14

People need to learn what a proper following distance is.  Especially is this true if one is traveling in a less-protected vehicle and stands to be more seriously harmed by a collision, or a commercial vehicle that endangers others more.  The speed is really not the issue--the management of that speed is.  If one has poor reflexes, he or she should increase the following distance accordingly--and be extra wary of unexpected maneuverings from others on the road.  No one should take their cue from others.  For myself, a lifetime abstainer from alcohol with some of the fastest reflexes around, my following distance can sometimes be less than others would need for safe stopping.  Each individual needs to know his or her own competence, and manage his or her driving habits accordingly.

That said, it would be nice to see fewer "murdercycles/suicycles" on the road.  They really are dangerously risky modes of transportation.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, AsianAtHeart said:

People need to learn what a proper following distance is.  Especially is this true if one is traveling in a less-protected vehicle and stands to be more seriously harmed by a collision, or a commercial vehicle that endangers others more.  The speed is really not the issue--the management of that speed is.  If one has poor reflexes, he or she should increase the following distance accordingly--and be extra wary of unexpected maneuverings from others on the road.  No one should take their cue from others.  For myself, a lifetime abstainer from alcohol with some of the fastest reflexes around, my following distance can sometimes be less than others would need for safe stopping.  Each individual needs to know his or her own competence, and manage his or her driving habits accordingly.

That said, it would be nice to see fewer "murdercycles/suicycles" on the road.  They really are dangerously risky modes of transportation.

You have this interesting notion of Learning (which you are 100% correct) yet you use this concept within the context of the indigenous vehicle operators??? Very interesting :coffee1:

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Belzybob said:

Yea Blezy

In Thailand all 15 to 30 year old motor bike drivers think that they are motor bike stunt men.Sounds like that he was just a daring ignorant fool.Even if the bib were blocking the road by pulling out that car on to the highway he should have been looking ahead as he drove.Speeding and ignorance in any vehicle does kill a lot of people here.

• Like 1

Just now, AsiaHand said:

In Thailand all 15 to 30 year old motor bike drivers think that they are motor bike stunt men.Sounds like that he was just a daring ignorant fool.Even if the bib were blocking the road by pulling out that car on to the highway he should have been looking ahead as he drove.Speeding and ignorance in any vehicle does kill a lot of people here.

Nonsense, he was good. 

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, AsiaHand said:

All too often, people not in the vehicle at fault. 

23 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

Nonsense, he was good. 

All "stunt" types are "good" because they are daring enough as they haven't been hurt yet. Very fwe pf these idiots are good enough to make a living of their feats and then retire(Evil Kaneville,Joey Chitwood, and a few others) but most of the dummies are destined to be DEAD.One thing that this young man was Not Good at was not being observent while driving a motor bike.

Edited by AsiaHand

On 4/15/2018 at 9:00 AM, AsianAtHeart said:

So where can you go to see if you have poor reflexes, Oh He with the Fastest Reflexes

On 4/16/2018 at 5:41 PM, canthai55 said:

So where can you go to see if you have poor reflexes, Oh He with the Fastest Reflexes

The driver's license department tests applicant's reflexes on a practice machine where one must push the brake when a particular color light comes on.  When I took the test about four years ago, it was with a room full of people--I'd estimate about 60 or so, all lined up to do the same thing and watching each one come up in turn.  It was possible to see the millisecond readout for each person, and, while I do not consider it any special feat, I was the quickest in the room that day (also the only "farang").  More than one individual had to be given second or third chances to improve their time, as their response times exceeded the legal limit.

Edited by AsianAtHeart

The driver's license department tests applicant's reflexes on a practice machine where one must push the brake when a particular color light comes on.  When I took the test about four years ago, it was with a room full of people--I'd estimate about 60 or so, all lined up to do the same thing and watching each one come up in turn.  It was possible to see the millisecond readout for each person, and, while I do not consider it any special feat, I was the quickest in the room that day (also the only "farang").  More than one individual had to be given second or third chances to improve their time, as their response times exceeded the legal limit.

You should have received a Blue Peter badge for amazing result.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

34 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

So ... you in a room with aprox 60 Thai people. On reflex test you beat those 60 people. Which gives you  - some of the fastest reflexes around ...

World population estimated 7.3 Billion

I repeat - 555 555

Perhaps you have not understood me.  That's ok....you don't know who I am, and I've likely done a poor job explaining.  But I am not trying to brag.  I'm saying that, as nobody special, the fact that none of the Thais had better reflexes says something.  To my understanding, this is one of the reasons traffic violations and fatalities are so high in Thailand.  It would be interesting though, just for the statistics, to study and compare the average reflex time between Thais and those of other countries.  If it shows up with a statistically significant difference, it may help explain the fatality statistics--and provide some guidance as to how to alleviate the problems.

On 4/17/2018 at 10:04 PM, AsianAtHeart said:

Perhaps you have not understood me.  That's ok....you don't know who I am, and I've likely done a poor job explaining.  But I am not trying to brag.  I'm saying that, as nobody special, the fact that none of the Thais had better reflexes says something.  To my understanding, this is one of the reasons traffic violations and fatalities are so high in Thailand.  It would be interesting though, just for the statistics, to study and compare the average reflex time between Thais and those of other countries.  If it shows up with a statistically significant difference, it may help explain the fatality statistics--and provide some guidance as to how to alleviate the problems.

You are wrong sis,It is the NON OBSERVANCE to safety or other traffic  while driving that is the cause of most traffic accidents.No matter how fast that your reaction time is , you will die out there if you are NON OBSERVANEC while driving.Want to test your great reaction time along with your hearing and observation,How about walking through the jungle rifle at the ready in Nam 1969 ?

grandstanders with hopes of facebook fame.....we see this behavior globaly, with the ''extreme sports'' ..then we see them carried out of the helicopter in a stretchr by search and rescue,,as they give the camera the ''thumbs up'',$$$$$.....next frame, a body cast and..a go fund me page..youth is wasted on the young

Edited by mok199
speliings